Just ordered Dorset tote! So excited!!

Ahh glad you like it! My DH liked it too but it wasn't what I wanted. Looking forward to seeing your pics. You can add it here too as well as start a new thread so people can get the different points of view :smile:

Haha, like a dream Le Pliage! That was another bag I hated and now I own three but it is much cheaper though! Also it can handle heavy things! ;) And needs no babying. Here I go selling Longchamp Le Pliage instead of the Dorset! Haha.

My black Dorset came today and I love it! I need to figure out how to post pics when I get home, but the bag is exactly what I had hoped -- a gorgeous but utilitarian tote for every day.

It definitely is a slouchy bag, without structure. Otherwise, I think some of the earlier critiques of this bag were more about what it isn't -- a Bayswater -- than what it is. It is a roomy bag with beautiful leather and straps that allow over the shoulder carrying, not just arm carrying. The straps are on the thin side, but the bag seems very well constructed everyday use. And someone finally gave us a wide open tote with an effective but easy one-hand closure option. It is like a dream le pliage, with some actual style.

I'm so happy with this bag. I guess the bottom line of my review is that this bag is a serious contender (at an excellent price point) if you're in the everyday tote market and looking at bags like the neverfull or le pliage or st louis, etc. If you're looking for a structured, statement handbag, it probably is not the right bag.

Last edited:
If you could post pictures that would be great, there are a few of us who are considering this. I am struggling to imagine the slouchiness so could you show it a bit squashed please? It is a great price. I would like the white one for the summer. It would only be used for a few months each year so I don't want to spend too much.

is he dorset anything like the old roxanne a4 tote? if anyone here remember them? or is it more slouchy and thinner leather?

I remember, it's nothing like that.. It's so thin! I was shocked about it...

Here's my opinion about the bag in other conversation:

"I fully agree - the bag was not worth of my money. So thin and even the seller said that large won't ever last so much heavy stuff like LV Neverfull.. They even didn't order large in their store here because they know already that it won't last long fully loaded. So sad! It looks so great in pictures and even my man said when we went to see it in the store that it looks kind of cheap and how can the handles carry laptop etc. I wanted it so badly but after seeing it I think it's waste of money... Bag in that size should carry lots of more stuff than a wallet and sunglasses.. :sad:"

Ok so the Dorset is going RIGHT BACK!!!! I like the colour but it does not appear very sturdy at all for how I want to use it. I guess I shall be buying the Neverfull after all. Here is the summary and then I will attach some pictures. I am on call so it is all rushed. Methinks if I want this colour I will need to get yet ANOTHER Bayswater! hahaha.

QUALITY
I know I shouldn't compare to a Bays as it is less than half the price but I was expecting Radley quality leather at least. But this just does not match up. The leather looks like one that will mark easily and this bag simply will not be a workhorse bag at all. I wanted it to carry A4 files and the like but I would be afraid of the bag ripping etc. SO a thumbs down for quality.

WEIGHT
This bag is very lightweight which would be excellent if I could believe that it would handle heavy loads. However I don't think it could cope and the handles appear to be too weak.

SLOUCHINESS
It does not completely slouch down when stuffed and holds a shape somewhat. The leather just feels too thin though.

Ok so this bag is definitely not right for me. I wanted to love it. Its appearance shows classic Mulberry DNA but everything about the bag felt cheap :sad: I think Mulberry is bringing in these bags at the lower end of the market but they are just not worth it. IMO buy another brand, Radley, Dooney etc or spend more money and get the real deal.

Will attach some pics now.

Oh CP - you must be disappointed, but from what you have said, and from attachments - I can see exactly why......what a let down - hope you find a better (and also better value for money) alternative.

By the way - I have now officially been Bayzed and I don't think there is a cure - but being a Medic,you may have a solution??!...;)

Oh CP - you must be disappointed, but from what you have said, and from attachments - I can see exactly why......what a let down - hope you find a better (and also better value for money) alternative.

By the way - I have now officially been Bayzed and I don't think there is a cure - but being a Medic,you may have a solution??!...;)

I was but really glad I didn't keep her. I have got back an east west in NVT leather to replace the printed one I sold although wondering if I should try the oak lily in printed. I might be able to handle the pattern on a small bag with less stiff leather. Croc east west could withstand a nuclear explosion! Hehe. Also never full still on the list but may push back to Christmas now.

I can tell you there is no cure for Baysitis/ being Bayzed. You will want classic colours, you will want seasonal colours, you will WANT THEM ALL!

Muhahahahahahahahaha....

Welcome to my world.

Yup, totally agree. The never full wins in my opinion!:smile:

"I fully agree - the bag was not worth of my money. So thin and even the seller said that large won't ever last so much heavy stuff like LV Neverfull.. They even didn't order large in their store here because they know already that it won't last long fully loaded. So sad! It looks so great in pictures and even my man said when we went to see it in the store that it looks kind of cheap and how can the handles carry laptop etc. I wanted it so badly but after seeing it I think it's waste of money... Bag in that size should carry lots of more stuff than a wallet and sunglasses.. :sad:"

I can tell you there is no cure for Baysitis/ being Bayzed. You will want classic colours, you will want seasonal colours, you will WANT THEM ALL!

Muhahahahahahahahaha....

Welcome to my world.

There is a lot to be said for sticking to the Mulberry greats! (says she, now on second Bays and finding them so different that there may well be space for more in the future.........)

Good post !!!the A4 tote was a great bag- large and robust- this looks insubstantial and cheap imo- for the quality it should be a lot cheaper than it is- for mulberry prices it is reasonable but still overpriced for the quality of the bag

Nope no cure- and why would you want one???:biggrin: