Just ordered Dorset tote! So excited!!

Ok so the Dorset is going RIGHT BACK!!!! I like the colour but it does not appear very sturdy at all for how I want to use it. I guess I shall be buying the Neverfull after all. Here is the summary and then I will attach some pictures. I am on call so it is all rushed. Methinks if I want this colour I will need to get yet ANOTHER Bayswater! hahaha.

QUALITY
I know I shouldn't compare to a Bays as it is less than half the price but I was expecting Radley quality leather at least. But this just does not match up. The leather looks like one that will mark easily and this bag simply will not be a workhorse bag at all. I wanted it to carry A4 files and the like but I would be afraid of the bag ripping etc. SO a thumbs down for quality.

WEIGHT
This bag is very lightweight which would be excellent if I could believe that it would handle heavy loads. However I don't think it could cope and the handles appear to be too weak.

SLOUCHINESS
It does not completely slouch down when stuffed and holds a shape somewhat. The leather just feels too thin though.

Ok so this bag is definitely not right for me. I wanted to love it. Its appearance shows classic Mulberry DNA but everything about the bag felt cheap :sad: I think Mulberry is bringing in these bags at the lower end of the market but they are just not worth it. IMO buy another brand, Radley, Dooney etc or spend more money and get the real deal.

Will attach some pics now.

Im relived as i dont like this bag at all. Looking at those handles is what put me off to start with on the other thread. Im so glad u hate it as now you can find something you really love. Better to be disappointed than to keep something that is truly awful. 3rd time lucky as they say.:smile:

I think it would handle that comfortably actually. I wanted to put A4 files, possibly laptop etc so it definitely wouldn't cope with that. I have packaged it back up for ups so can't do modelling shots, sorry.

I think give it a chance. My DH liked it and he is picky. I just knew it couldn't suit my needs.;)
Oh, thank you for replying. I will try to get into a store to see one. It might be ok for my needs for the summer ( if it ever comes!).

Cant wait to see it, payday is looming & also just had a tax rebate so i am very very tempted

UPDATE: Just seen the posts before, looks like i wont be getting one :sad:

Last edited:
Such a beautiful coloured bag, I don't blame you for returning it though, it really doesn't look that high a standard. I'm hoping they'll release another bag in the same colour, for now that's one to take off the wishlist!

Ah yes, I love the Bayswater tote too. I wish they did them in seasonal colours as I already have the classic normal Bays colours :graucho:

They do the Bays Tote in nightshade SS if that takes your fancy.

I absolutely love my Bays tote and it would be ideal for your needs, so sturdy, takes tons of stuff and holds its shape wonderfully.
As you say just a shame they don't do it in seasonal colours...imagine one of those in black forest! :cool:

I'm so sorry that your Dorset didn't suit your needs. This thread is making me nervous, as mine (black) arrives tomorrow. To me, the bag looks good in the pics and I'm surprised to hear the quality concerns expressed. I'll report back tomorrow - I do hope some of the anti-Dorset discussion is premature!

Haha! That's what I thought too, as I was trying to decipher it all. I was tempted to look the.m up but am on my iPad at the moment so LV site won't work. I will look at these LVs tomorrow :smile:

Shame about the Dorset.. I've seen this colour irl on the bays and it looks so much better :smile:

Ahh I really want the Bays Black Forest. The colour is amazing.

Oh, thank you for replying. I will try to get into a store to see one. It might be ok for my needs for the summer ( if it ever comes!).

Hope you can tryit! Good luck.

A black forest bays tote would be amazing. I'm hoping for many more bags to be revealed in this colour, I'm going to have to have something in it.

Yes I would love the tote in this colour too, I emailed M to see if they will be bringing out the SBS in black forest but received a reply saying that no sadly they will not be releasing the SBS in black forest, but they are going to do it in Flame & another colour called Sycamore, think this is the mustardy yellow a bit like the Ochre from S/S 12, hmm really thinking about ordering the Bays in black forest now & getting a scarf to match it later on! :biggrin: Sorry to hear the Dorset wasn't for you CPrincess, would love to see LV neverfull pics if you decide to go for it, or the BF Bays lol! :biggrin:

Im relived as i dont like this bag at all. Looking at those handles is what put me off to start with on the other thread. Im so glad u hate it as now you can find something you really love. Better to be disappointed than to keep something that is truly awful. 3rd time lucky as they say.:smile:
Hehe. True!

Cant wait to see it, payday is looming & also just had a tax rebate so i am very very tempted

UPDATE: Just seen the posts before, looks like i wont be getting one :sad:

You should still try to see it and decide. Although lots of other lovelies on coming soon.

Such a beautiful coloured bag, I don't blame you for returning it though, it really doesn't look that high a standard. I'm hoping they'll release another bag in the same colour, for now that's one to take off the wishlist!
hehe. The colour is stunning.
They do the Bays Tote in nightshade SS if that takes your fancy.

I absolutely love my Bays tote and it would be ideal for your needs, so sturdy, takes tons of stuff and holds its shape wonderfully.
As you say just a shame they don't do it in seasonal colours...imagine one of those in black forest! :cool:
Oh I wish they did it in black forest. Arrghhhh. I don't want silky snake.

A black forest bays tote would be amazing. I'm hoping for many more bags to be revealed in this colour, I'm going to have to have something in it.
:smile: me too!

I'm so sorry that your Dorset didn't suit your needs. This thread is making me nervous, as mine (black) arrives tomorrow. To me, the bag looks good in the pics and I'm surprised to hear the quality concerns expressed. I'll report back tomorrow - I do hope some of the anti-Dorset discussion is premature!
Look forward to hearing your views and seeing the pics :smile:

Yes I would love the tote in this colour too, I emailed M to see if they will be bringing out the SBS in black forest but received a reply saying that no sadly they will not be releasing the SBS in black forest, but they are going to do it in Flame & another colour called Sycamore, think this is the mustardy yellow a bit like the Ochre from S/S 12, hmm really thinking about ordering the Bays in black forest now & getting a scarf to match it later on! :biggrin: Sorry to hear the Dorset wasn't for you CPrincess, would love to see LV neverfull pics if you decide to go for it, or the BF Bays lol! :biggrin:
I will probably get never full next month. Shame they arent doing black forest SBS. I loved conker last year too.

I'm still hopeful for this one. I will look forward to hearing what you think about it. Are you looking for something heavy duty?

Yes I am. I want it to last for years or until I get fed up and eBay it!

My black Dorset came today and I love it! I need to figure out how to post pics when I get home, but the bag is exactly what I had hoped -- a gorgeous but utilitarian tote for every day.

It definitely is a slouchy bag, without structure. Otherwise, I think some of the earlier critiques of this bag were more about what it isn't -- a Bayswater -- than what it is. It is a roomy bag with beautiful leather and straps that allow over the shoulder carrying, not just arm carrying. The straps are on the thin side, but the bag seems very well constructed everyday use. And someone finally gave us a wide open tote with an effective but easy one-hand closure option. It is like a dream le pliage, with some actual style.

I'm so happy with this bag. I guess the bottom line of my review is that this bag is a serious contender (at an excellent price point) if you're in the everyday tote market and looking at bags like the neverfull or le pliage or st louis, etc. If you're looking for a structured, statement handbag, it probably is not the right bag.