Just got burned on EBAY!

Wow, Matt. You are such a great guy for jumping through all those hoops for your leading lady! :shame:

You know, I do a lot of both buying and selling on ebay, and I can see your frustration with this transaction. (Or lack thereof!) I'm not sure if you've already left feedback, but I'd say you could should consider leaving neutral feedback. The whole purpose for that feedback system is to let others know what kind of seller/buyer they are dealing with, and it's only going to be worth using if the feedback is honest. I think you should mention that the transaction was never completed, but was agreed upon amicably. That way, people would be aware, but know that the seller is easy to work with. (However, if the seller did indeed have a 100% rating prior to this, you might consider just leaving it alone and leaving nether good OR bad. It was most likely an honest mistake.)

I bet you're going to get lots of hugs come Christmas morning!!! Watch out! ;)

!!UPDATE!!

Well I just got got back from Dillards with the Matching D&B Checkbook Wallet!
http://www.dooney.com/OA_HTML/ibeCCtpSctDspRte.jsp?section=25183
I got her the red of coarse to match the bag!And my wife is going to flip out when she gets these things!
Well that's after she opens the D&B box with the used Red Fossil Bag that I bought her on EBAY first!
Then I'll give her the D&B!
:angel:I can't help myself I'm just a little bit mischievous at times!:angel:
Now, I just got to get home before the UPS truck and my wife tomorrow!

I going to need a vacation after this, I'm thinking Hawaii?:tup:

You are all the Best!!!

Ohhh! I do think that that this could so happen!:tup:

As the Comerical Scirpt might go:

"Price of Fossil Blackburn II Satchel $95.00....,
"Price of Used Red Fossil Satchel $12.95.....,
"Price of D&B Zebra Checkbook Organizer $198....,
"Price of D&B Zebra Medium Safari Handbag $275...,
"Price of Picture of Colette opening the D&B box with the Used Red Fossil in it instead PRICELESS!!!!":roflmfao:

"Of coarse, the next picture is the really PRICELESS, "One of Her getting the actual D&B Zebra Handbag for REAL that will be truely PRICELESS!!!!!":heart:

:angel:Oh, you really are bringing out that Mischievous Side of ME!:angel:

Awwww, that is going to be one heck of a great surprise on Christmas morning!

Matthew, I'm getting the feeling that you are one of those people that there is "never a dull moment" with! :lol:

Congrats!!!:tup:

Awwww, that is going to be one heck of a great surprise on Christmas morning!

Matthew, I'm getting the feeling that you are one of those people that there is "never a dull moment" with! :lol:

Congrats!!!:tup:
Oh,:angel: what would ever make you think that?????:upsidedown:
I'm just your stereo-typical: long haired, EX Heavy Metal, now playing Christian, Bass Player from the 80's.....
That's is Really in :heart:LOVE:heart: with his Wife!!!!!!!

And yeah, you got me!
There is :yahoo:NEVER:yahoo: a dull moment with me!!!
I been told I'm one of a Kind!

Update!!

Well I'm depressed today:sad:, I was sure the Handbag would be here today, but when I got home and checked UPS it still was in Kansas City and the The tracker was saying that it was "ON TIME for a 12/21/07 delivery!
And my first thought was, Well I hope so since KC is 60 miles to the East of here!
The thing that amazes me is it took 3 day for the bag to go 2000 miles from LA to KC, and it takes the next 3 day for it go 60 miles from KC to Topeka! :roflmfao:
ARGGHHHHHHH!!! :roflmfao:

I feel like this has been the hardest Quest for a item that I have been on since the wife had to have this certain toilet seat that Target only sold.
It is clear with Sea shells and Fish in it,(don't ask me why:s), that day we went to 7 different Target stores in Kansas burned $40 in gas all for a $39.99 Toilet Seat, but in the end was it worth it?
You bet I got to spend quality time with the woman that I LOVE!:heart:

Toilet Seat $39.99,
Gas $40,
Time spent on the Quest for the Throne Room! PRICELESS!!

Here, We Go AGAIN!!!

Hey Matt - no worries, you're not alone! My neighbour drove all the way up to Northern Ireland for a toilet seat: hers has red roses in clear plastic - very spiffy, but yours sounds a LOT nicer with the fish & seashells. :love:
Ever seen those with barbed wire in clear plastic? :wtf: They give me the creeps (at best...)

Oh yeah, I saw those toilet seats! LOL! I always do that to DH.....make him drive me everywhere for a particular item I want.

About 2 weeks ago, UPS/FED-EX delivered a package to me at 1 am! :cursing: Make sure to check tonight before you go to bed and in the morning.

I feel your pain. I had a seller do that to me once also. I had proof that she sold it the next day after I bought it the day before for a little less. When I didn't receive the item after a couple weeks I contacted the seller and she said she was sorry that she didn't know I had paid her and she sold it again. I paid by PayPal immediatly. She just wanted more for it. It took me weeks for her to refund my money because she claimed she was trying to get the item back from the other buyer. It is just a scam I think and I don't stick up for sellers who can't keep track of their stores and online sales. Those items should be put aside in a different area. Period.

Go online to the Dooney.com site and buy your lucky wife, for having a nice guy like yourself; a wonderful bag. They have all the new styles out now and they have the zebras in different colors.

I buy and sell on Ebay, daily, and understand that there are bad apples in every bucket. I figure that out of 500 sellers, 500 buyers that I have experienced, I can think of maybe 5 that I could get upset about. I think that is still really good odds in favor of buying and selling.

Oh, and on the part about shipping. If it is UPS ground that is 7 day delivery it will sit for 3 to 4 days until it has been 7 day delivery. I have had things sit in the FedEx center for the amount of days that it needed to be to be the 7 day delivery. If you pay for 7 day delivery, by Joe, you will get 7 day delivery!!:nogood: Go figure.....

Oh, and on the part about shipping. If it is UPS ground that is 7 day delivery it will sit for 3 to 4 days until it has been 7 day delivery. I have had things sit in the FedEx center for the amount of days that it needed to be to be the 7 day delivery. If you pay for 7 day delivery, by Joe, you will get 7 day delivery!!:nogood: Go figure.....
Thanks for your kind reply!:yes:
And yes I did do that, I bought the RED:heart: Trimed D&B Med Zebra Safari and I also bought her a matching:heart: D&B Zebra checkbook organizer and I still might get her the matching :heart:Coin bag.
:roflmfao:I'll admit IT, I'm addicted!:roflmfao:

Matt, you sound like a really cool guy and your wife is sure lucky to have you. I was glad to read that your story had a happy ending with your finding the purses you wanted for your wife. You WILL have to post pictures for us!

It's funny but I had a very similar experience this year on ebay trying to buy a gift for my DH. It was a dog-shaped beer bottle opener. Something he really, really wanted. I won it, paid for it, but then the seller said she sold it to someone else. Major bummer. All the other dog-shaped bottle openers I found on ebay looked just too vicious.

So if you know of any dog-shaped beer bottle openers I can get in time for Christmas--but it has to be a friendly-looking dog, send me a URL. :upsidedown:

Thanks, Matt, for sharing your story and travails with us. It made heartwarming reading overall, to think of a husband so dedicated to making his wife happy.

Oh, and by the way, previous poster is right about UPS. I've seen packages for things I've ordered sit in a warehouse 40 miles away for 4 days before being delivered. :woohoo:

Yahoo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!It finally came Tonight !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Yeah!!
Now I can finally relax and wrap it all up!

And what is:heart: Colette:heart: going to get?

BTW all of these that she is getting are in the red trim!

http://www.dooney.com/OA_HTML/ibeCCtpSctDspRte.jsp?section=23406

http://www.dooney.com/OA_HTML/ibeCCtpSctDspRte.jsp?section=25183

http://www.dooney.com/OA_HTML/ibeCCtpSctDspRte.jsp?section=25170

http://www.dooney.com/OA_HTML/ibeCCtpSctDspRte.jsp?section=25168

And, yes I will take pictures for all you on Christmas!

and of coarse the Not so New RED Fossil Bag (but it still is a nice bag), that I'm putting in the D&B Handbag Box instead of the Zebra, as A SHOCK GAG GIFT!

See and you all thought I was So:angel: SWEET!!:angel:

And Yes then you will get to have a new member Colette or what ever she ends up calling herself, In fact I can't ever remember me and her ever being members of the same forum!
This is a FIRST!:roflmfao:

Thank you to all of YOU!
:love:YOU All Are The BEST!:love:

WA HOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

TWAS THE NIGHT BEFORE CHRISTMAS,:tup:

And Matt needs some HELP!:shrugs:
Ok, ladies I need your help on how do I post pictures on this forum!
And where should I post these?
Start a New thread?
In this thread?

I got 8 hours to figure this out!:sweatdrop:

Thanks Again for all your Help !:flowers:
It has been really fun!
And it will get even better tomorrow or tonight!:heart::tup: