Just came back from the boutique...

Over the last couple of weeks, I have tried on that 25 Lizard Kelly (stunning), a 40 cm Birkin in blue jean Togo, a 40 cm Birkin in Graphite togo (and there was a gold 40 cm Birkin in the back that I didn't see).

There was a turquoise 35 togo Birkin on the shelf a few days later.

Also a drop dead gorgeous 35 cm Kelly toile in one window, and a drop dead gorgeous omnibus in the other window.

When I walked by last, there were 3 Kelly Pochettes in the showcase; one of which was croc.

The Vancouver store seems to be getting a lot of new stuff lately...

I spoke with them last week. They said that they will ship to the U.S. but you have to pay by either money order or wire transfer... no credit card.

I went by today and looked in the window after the store was closed... there were 4 BIRKINS ON THE SHELF:

40 cm gold birkin
35 cm white toile birkin
30 cm light greyish coloured leather birkin
25 cm white birkin

34 cm black Lindy in swift on display in the window.

brown Croc Kelly pochette still available. Yummy.

Thank you very much for the infomation Birkin123.

I called the shop yesterday, I asked for Kelly pochette lizard. She told me she had brown lizard KP 5,950 canadain dallars and for normal leather is around 4,000 canadian dallars. Unfortunately she can't send out the bag to me as for the policy, she can't take credit card over the phone. :sad:

Wow that is sure a lot of stock! :nuts:
DH and I are considering a trip to Canada soon just as a little getaway, but even with stock levels like that, based on the weakness of the USD to the CDN, I don't think I would be buying very much. The prices are much higher there if I am not mistaken?

I have a question for any of you birkin junkies..and I mean that with much respect...I own a black 35mm Togo Birkin that I ordered and bought 7 years ago in Paris. Took 6 months to get at the time. I just returned from Paris again, and order another 35mm, but in Gold but in the Clemence leather. My order is in..just a short 3 weeks later. For some reason, the Togo leather was not specified on my order...my sales guy must have just assumed I wanted the Clemence..and here I am. I've never seen the Clemence in person, but I've heard that it is softer, and less rigid, virtually same in color. Will collapse more over time. Should I pass on this and reorder it in the Togo. I like my Togo, but that doesnt mean I wont like the softer leather also, and its Gold...so more casual, I think. Is there a preferred leather for the Gold Birkin? Not getting much help from the US boutiques..they are ambivilent....maybe they need to be. Any thoughts? Thanks

"Birkin123
Re: Just came back from the boutique...
^^^

Okay, I got my sizes all wrong... went inside today to take a better look:

40 cm gold birkin
40 cm white toile birkin
35 cm Parchimen birkin (delish)
30 cm white birkin"

I wonder what kind of leather this is...:confused1:

Thank you very much for the infomation Birkin123.

I called the shop yesterday, I asked for Kelly pochette lizard. She told me she had brown lizard KP 5,950 canadain dallars and for normal leather is around 4,000 canadian dallars. Unfortunately she can't send out the bag to me as for the policy, she can't take credit card over the phone. :sad:

ilovemylife,

If you really wanted it, send them the money order and/or wire transfer, and I will ship you the bag myself... I am an enabler, you know....

Wow that is sure a lot of stock! :nuts:
DH and I are considering a trip to Canada soon just as a little getaway, but even with stock levels like that, based on the weakness of the USD to the CDN, I don't think I would be buying very much. The prices are much higher there if I am not mistaken?

Right now, the prices are higher. I talked to my SA today, and he said the prices would probably come down in 6 months, depending on what the U.S. exchange rate was doing.