Jewelry or Hermes

i love both bags and jewelry (and shoes too!) - if there's anything artdeco that tickles my fancy, i'll go for it. and if my H store has anything i'd really like, the gems have to wait for awhile. but if there's anything i really love in both, then i'm in deep trouble!

Hermes makes fine jewelry! Gold, diamonds.....so, you get the best of both worlds:tender:

Have you seen the diamond watches??? The gold and diamond bracelets?? They are fabulous!

I was at an antique show in Sept. 2006, and one high-end antique jewelry dealer had THE most amazing, handmade long chain and matching earrings in 18kt gold by Hermes, probably 50s or 60s, but the design was timeless. It brought tears to my eyes, it was so beautiful. At close to 20k, it was not what I was shopping for, but oh, it was Bee.you.ti.ful!

gga, sounds just beautiful:P

Hermes makes some stunning charm bracelets, rings, and was it CDL who had a gold bracelet with a diamond toggle on auction not long ago...or someone else......?

Given the choice this past Christmas among either a Birkin, Kelly or gold and diamond Hermes bracelet, I selected the bracelet. I love it more than I've ever loved any of my other H pieces.

Attachments

• Hermesbracelet5.JPG
    Hermesbracelet5.JPG
    35.6 KB · Views: 178
  • Hermesbracelet4.JPG
    Hermesbracelet4.JPG
    34.8 KB · Views: 132
I do have a large jewelry collection.. i've been addicted to Cartier, Chopard and Adler for years and i have gorgeous pieces always bought by my DH or previously by my father.. For some reason my DH never gave me hard time about my Jewelry addiction cause he knew its an investment and money well spent.. but when it came to bags.. he didnt understand how i justify spending all the $$$ on bags..but he's getting there :smile:

My DH feels the same way. He seems much happier to buy me a piece of jewelry and cannot justify the same amount of money for a bag. I really ahve all the jewerly I would wear at this point and I really only wear the same few pieces every day. He did tell me he would "run the numbers" and decide if he could commit to a birkin for our 10th anniversary in May :yahoo: :yahoo:

very interesting thread! i wonder whether there's a difference in collecting patterns depending on HOW you collect jewelry. For example, if you follow tiffany, bulgari etc., you'll might want to keep up with their evolving collections. whereas my particular passion is fine colored gemstones, which i have set by a very talented local jeweler -- like this perfect indicolite he set for me (click on 'em to really see them):
CherryPicked.com

after i've gotten a particular stone on move onto the next one on my list (or the next one that i stumble accross) -- making the universe of potential acquisitions much smaller. and more cash for bags!

for anyone who loves colored stones, you have to check out this site:
CherryPicked.com :love:

Hermes makes some stunning charm bracelets, rings, and was it CDL who had a gold bracelet with a diamond toggle on auction not long ago...or someone else......?

Given the choice this past Christmas among either a Birkin, Kelly or gold and diamond Hermes bracelet, I selected the bracelet. I love it more than I've ever loved any of my other H pieces.
It is a stunning bracelet! I'd pick this too! Would you mind sharing the designer's name? :love:

yowza - that's a stunner! wear it in good health (and put on the sunnies so you don't inadvertently burn your retinas while gazing at it . . . .)

wow, that is a gorgeous bracelet, isus!!!! i could never pick one over the other. but my DH believes that for anniversaries, it's more meaningful to him to give jewelry than a purse. i'm not complaining....i'll take whatever he wants to give me!! LOL

Wow, isus,

It's a knockout! Oops, getting teary eyed over a beautiful object again.

I've seen your bags on the action thread, and you've got some absolutely classic, elegant examples, making the bracelet a great choice to keep them company.

I just love pretty, well made stuff. *deep, happy sigh*