Jewelry or Hermes

Thanks, so much, everyone, you are all so kind:heart: I do love this bracelet, very much.

dc120, I do not know the actual designers name but I will try to find out.

The bracelet is called Paname and the Hermes SA said it was 18K, the diamond pave' is D-E color and VVS clarity. They are tiny but they surely do sparkle:yahoo:

Thank you Isus. I missed your earlier post that it was from Hermes (my mind went blank after I saw your bracelet)- but of course! It is a beautiful bracelet, one of the most breathtaking I've ever seen. My DH will be very distressed to find out that in addition to Hermes bags, I have my eye on their jewelry!

dressage queen, your indicolite is stunning! I love the shape as well as the pave' mount you selected....very very striking.

birkin girl, I did have a very merry Christmas....thank you!

As I get older I wear less jewelry, and there is very little jewelry out there that I fancy.....I've got all the basics: pearls, a gorgeous Bulgari bracelet which I wear a lot, tennis bracelet, Van Cleef Alhambra bracelet, several rings and earings; but as I said, I really only wear the same few things, and all the rest is in my safe box at my bank...I can't even remember what's there! The only recent pieces of jewelry I bought, are 2 "Nudo" rings by Pomellato, which I adore and have wanted for years.....So I definately prefer buying Hermès at this stage than jewels. Also I'm lucky in a way, 'cause my DH is a watch collector, and I also love watches, so he comes home with a watch for me from time to time....For Xmas I got a Patek Philippe!:love:
It's so funny you say that because ive been wanting a oversized rose gold Patek for the longest time. Each time i go to buy something new i think that i better put the money aside for the watch. I usualy don't put the money aside and buy the bag but that's something that i really really really want.

I probably come from a very different perspective as a Jeweler, but I think it's important to have a little of both. I think good, hand-crafted fine jewelry is a wonderful thing to pass on to children/nieces/grandchildren and those items with very special special meanings can offer an important lesson in family history.

There is a huge, huge difference between machine made pieces plunked out of machines by the thousands vs. a hand made, hand-carved cast Jewelry piece. The very same thought as an H bag.

For example, I had a very special relationship with my Hungarian grandmother. She loved lots of jewelry and bright embroidered skirts & tops. Last year, I designed these 18K Candelier earrings - completely hand-carved all the detailing in the wax mold. They make me think of my black haired, green eyed grandmother with her gypsy pattern skirts.
yhst-85558431322368_1929_16012832

Elana I loooove those earings!!! In fact I adore chandelier earings, not only important ones, I love silver ones which I wear very often...Do you know Yvonne Christa ? They make the most gorgeous silver and gold plated chandelier earings.....

Susi, DQ, I love your pieces......:love:

Here are my favorite pieces (Stephen Webster)

Attachments

• ringj.JPG
    ringj.JPG
    14.1 KB · Views: 136
  • neckj.JPG
    neckj.JPG
    20.2 KB · Views: 115
J'ster, those earrings are gorgeous. They have some of the style I love in the Renaissance Revival jewelry of Castellani. So beautiful! You're very talented.

There is a huge, huge difference between machine made pieces plunked out of machines by the thousands vs. a hand made, hand-carved cast Jewelry piece. The very same thought as an H bag.

e, i have been drooling over those earrings on your site - lovely, lovely work! and you are so right about the handmade quality being extra special -- i love how my jeweler takes my stone and draws several pictures for me, and then when we've decided what to do carves a wax model for my one-of-a-kind lost-wax cast setting . . . it's so fun to go in and look at the wax, pop the stone into it and then think that the next time i see it, the setting will magically have transformed into metal . . .