Is anyone here a twin?

I am! I have a twin brother. Over the years, I have felt that I have grown closer to him. I hate it when I am compared to him, and when people ask me "what's it like being a twin?"

:cursing: I never understood where people go that question from? LOL!!! I mean does it look like I am identical to my brother?! A lot of my friends tell me that if they were walking on the street and saw my brother and I, they wouldn't even guess that we are brother and sister, but then lately, people have been saying how much we look alike. I don't think so.:shrugs: hehe.
purplekitty, how much do you like the question
"Are you identical?"

LMAO!

:cursing: I never understood where people go that question from? LOL!!! I mean does it look like I am identical to my brother?!
LMAO.
When I was younger, I wished my twin was a boy. I always felt that I wouldn't feel such a need to compete if Candice were a boy.

When I was really little, I loved the attention, but around 8 I was sick of it, particularly when people referred to us as the "W****** twins" instead of by our names! Now, we look less alike than we used to, and we have our own lives, so being twins isn't really an issue.

particularly when people referred to us as the "W****** twins" instead of by our names!
Oh my gosh, I can completely relate! I used to hate it when I was younger when people would refer to us as "the twins", "the *last name*, etc. Wasn't that so annoying. The whole time I would try to be nice and just smile, when all I wanted to do was say "We have names, you know!!"

i'm not.. and i don't know if i'd really want one either.. maybe if my twin was a brother instead of a sister.. I would however love to have an older sis though.

thank you, bchleo and purplekitty. we had a great time together tho for 49 years. we never understood how some twins we had met thru life just couldn't stand each other. such a waste of a wonderful relationship. some people just don't know a good thing when they have it. we did tho and i am forever grateful we enjoyed it for what it was. hug your twin! today! and everyday if you can...

I'm not, but my brother and I are close enough in age that it feels like I was raised with one. I'm older, but we were actually mistaken for fraternal twins from the age of 3&4 until he had his first growth spurt at 14.

Twins run in my family BIG time.My mom is a twin and she and her sister couldnt be any more different.
My grandmother was a twin too.
I was pregnant with twins as well..But I lost both of them by 6 mos of pregnancy.
I think my mom has a great bond with her sister..more so than anyone else..even though they live far apart.