Is anyone here a twin?

I'm sorry to hear about your loss Jill.

I'm not a twin but they do run in my family. My grandmother has a twin. I have two sets of aunts that are twins.
My last pregnancy I was so huge we thought we were going to have twins. Come to find out our son was born 9lbs 2oz. A big baby for a petite me. I was 4'11" and 95lbs before I got pregnant with him. So no twins. I was hoping I'd at least have a baby girl.

Twins run in my family BIG time.My mom is a twin and she and her sister couldnt be any more different.
My grandmother was a twin too.
I was pregnant with twins as well..But I lost both of them by 6 mos of pregnancy.
I think my mom has a great bond with her sister..more so than anyone else..even though they live far apart.
So sorry for your loss Jill.
My daughter was a twin & I lost the other baby at 10 weeks into pregnancy. While I was delighted that I didn't lose both, I often wonder about the other baby that I might have had.
Once I was standing behind my daughter & her friend who looked identical, height, hair etc. I got very sad.

even in 2 different sacs, twins are often still identical :yes:

twin53, you'll ALWAYS be a twin, I'm so, SO sorry for your loss {{{{{hugs}}}}}

{{{{{Jill and Roz}}}}}

OK, good to know!

Some people are still under the assumption that 2 sacs = frats and 1 sac = IDs, but even most IDS had their own sacs, even some current sonographers:rolleyes:
I have researched the crud out of since finding out I was pregnant w/ my little guys:heart:
It's fascinating to me!

You know I just thought I should post my story in this thread as it might help others in similar position.

I was admitted to hospital with threatening miscarriage, (haemorraging badly) scanned by young doctor who was clearly inexperienced. She ordered that I had lost the baby & I was scheduled for theatre for D&C (dilatage & curetage to clean out womb after miscarriage) Luckily I was private patient & had consultant gynaecologist who I demanded they call before I went to theatre. His experienced eye (& later he told me it was only a suspicion) thought that there might be another fertilised sac there. As it turns out there was & that man saved my beautiful daughter from a careless abortion!! They would have cleaned out my womb not knowing there was another baby there.
Please members if you are ever in the unlucky position to be admitted to hospital with miscarriage demand that they take all precautions before performing D&C!
I shudder to think the number of twin babies that may be aborted because of incompetence.
I owe that man my daughters life (she is now almost 20 & beautiful) & recently I engineered a meeting so that my daughter could personally thank the man that gave her life & me the greatest joy any mom could ever have! He was thrilled as was she!
Demand a pregnancy test before theatre it may prove still to be positive as mine was!

I wonder if that would happen now?
It's too horrible to even think about Roz, I'm so sorry.
Mine had a happy ending Swanky, even though I still mourn one lost child, it could have been so much worse!
Yes I think it could still happen. My gynaecologist only has a suspicion & he erred on the side of caution i.e. didn't send me to theatre that evening & waited on results of subsequent pregnancy test. I wonder how many are that careful even today. He truly was an angel!
Yes the alternative is too horrible to think about but the reality is this has happened & will happen again & that is why I hope sharing my story will make people aware of the possibility.
If I had not had private consultant my beautiful daughter would never have existed! People need to make demands!

I guess I'm used to getting a lot of ultrasounds. . . Before I ever reached 10 weeks of pregnancy, I had 2 w/ both pregnanies.
One to confirm pregnancy adn one a few weeks later to confirm expected due date.
We saw my twins when I was just 5 weeks pregnant.

It's not only twins that happens with. I worked with a woman who very nearly aborted her daughter because of some mix-up. Apparently she should have gotten a trans-vaginal ultrasound but didn't, and no heartbeat was found when they ultrasounded her abdomen. I forget the rest of the story, but somehow it was discovered, I think she was already in the operating room. She now has a daughter who must be 6 or so.

I am a twin or was...i still don't know how to answer that question. she died almost 6 years ago very suddenly. we were identical and i miss her very very much.

Im so sorry for your loss, I can only imagine the pain you and your family feel... :heart:

My cousin's BF's identical twin died in an accident (they were both in the car and the BF survived), and the memory was so hard to wash away because her surviving BF was so overcome with grief, and not to add the physicalities.. :sad:

You know I just thought I should post my story in this thread as it might help others in similar position.

I was admitted to hospital with threatening miscarriage, (haemorraging badly) scanned by young doctor who was clearly inexperienced. She ordered that I had lost the baby & I was scheduled for theatre for D&C (dilatage & curetage to clean out womb after miscarriage) Luckily I was private patient & had consultant gynaecologist who I demanded they call before I went to theatre. His experienced eye (& later he told me it was only a suspicion) thought that there might be another fertilised sac there. As it turns out there was & that man saved my beautiful daughter from a careless abortion!! They would have cleaned out my womb not knowing there was another baby there.
Please members if you are ever in the unlucky position to be admitted to hospital with miscarriage demand that they take all precautions before performing D&C!
I shudder to think the number of twin babies that may be aborted because of incompetence.
I owe that man my daughters life (she is now almost 20 & beautiful) & recently I engineered a meeting so that my daughter could personally thank the man that gave her life & me the greatest joy any mom could ever have! He was thrilled as was she!
Demand a pregnancy test before theatre it may prove still to be positive as mine was!

ROZ, that story was so touching... im so sorry that happened to you and im glad that the situation was resolved.. I hope you or someone else gave the inexperienced first doctor a piece of your mind... but, most importantly, so happy that your daughter is healthy and happy :heart: