Identify This LV

Please help me identify this vintage LV. I have never seen this before. No logo inside but there an R stamped. Look very authentic since the flap open very sophisticate. I do not know how the strap hook to the bag. Please help: the official name of the bag and how the leather strap attach to the ring. Thank you

Attachments

• P1050364.JPG
    P1050364.JPG
    154.4 KB · Views: 197
  • P1050365.JPG
    P1050365.JPG
    143.1 KB · Views: 287
  • P1050366.JPG
    P1050366.JPG
    131.1 KB · Views: 191
  • P1050367.JPG
    P1050367.JPG
    114 KB · Views: 194
Hi ladies (and randomly lurking gents), I came across this bag at a consignment store. It's from 2002 and looked authentic to me but I didn't know what style it was. Could anyone identify it please?

It has red alcantara lining, a main compartment with a zip and 2 parts on the sides to put things in. Also has a crossbody strap and the handles to hook them to.

It had a smell of cigarettes though, do you guys think that will fade from the alcantara lining...?

Here are some pics I took. Thank you so much!

Attachments

• 20120830_105839-2.jpg
    20120830_105839-2.jpg
    34.3 KB · Views: 200
Hi ladies (and randomly lurking gents), I came across this bag at a consignment store. It's from 2002 and looked authentic to me but I didn't know what style it was. Could anyone identify it please?

It has red alcantara lining, a main compartment with a zip and 2 parts on the sides to put things in. Also has a crossbody strap and the handles to hook them to.

It had a smell of cigarettes though, do you guys think that will fade from the alcantara lining...?

Here are some pics I took. Thank you so much!

Good find at a consignment store!

Last edited:
Yup. Was certainly around 2005/2006 but not sure precisely what year it was discontinued. It was/is a very functional bag.

Thanks for identifying it for me! Its an adjustable strap too and $ >700 which sounds reasonable to me...

Do you by any chance know what it retailed for? I couldn't take more pics so I can't post it on the authentication board. My gut tells me its authentic though and I'm hoping my experience with LV bags will suffice in this case lol. Besides I can return it if its not authentic accdg to the owner.

Last edited:
Whilst that particular dustbag is fake, the older felt dustbags did just have the "LV" logo on them. It's the newer linen-type dustbags that have "LOUIS VUITTON" on them.

Do you know when they switched over? I bought a preloved bag from 1995 on ebay (authed here) and while i am confident that the bag is real, i am questioning the dustbag.

Tia!

Edit: nvm, just found a thread. It looks like mine is legit after all! Here is the link for those doing research: http://forum.purseblog.com/louis-vuitton-reference-library/when-did-dust-bags-change-139440.html

Last edited:
Thanks for identifying it for me! Its an adjustable strap too and $ >700 which sounds reasonable to me...

Do you by any chance know what it retailed for? I couldn't take more pics so I can't post it on the authentication board. My gut tells me its authentic though and I'm hoping my experience with LV bags will suffice in this case lol. Besides I can return it if its not authentic accdg to the owner.

Seems a little pricey to me. Retail in 2004 was 1040 (assuming you are in the US that is).