I Won A Silverado On Ebay And I Was Scammed Help

Status
Not open for further replies.
thanks PAPrincess
i have done that -pleaded with her and begged her nicely. the last email i sent her was just to updated her with all WU request of a subpoena from my lawyer for them to provide me with the collection transaction and she freaked out on me
iam open to the fact that she is also a victim here but she has her bag with her and i on the other hand stand to lose 393gbp just like that. i even requested her to please issue a certification or write a letter that she hasnt withdrawn nor received any amount from WU -thats the only favor i asked of her and she isnt willing to help me out.
thank you for all your kind words and suggestions thanks sooo much ladies

what?? thats crazy!!! sorry, I didnt realise you'd already done most if it.

I don't think she is a victim of id fraud, but you never know, I mean, there are thousands of people dumb enough to reply to spoof emails & give out their passwords etc so you never can tell really.

I'd just send her a very polite email keepign her up to speed with events your end & ask her for the police crime reference numbers (in the UK, when you report a crime, any crime, you are given a crime ref number) if shes really legit, then she'll have no problem giving you her info, if she hasn't reported it to the police yet, why the hell not?????? I mean, lets look at this, someone has sent her cash that can only be collected with exact details of the transaction and specific ID!!! these places are pretty strict, they aren't just going to let you walk out having just shown a utility bill, they will need current photo id & I'm pretty sure they'd keep a copy of it (I just got, via a travel agent a pre paid Amex travellers cheq card & they copied my ID & I was PUTTING CASH ON IT!!!)

It does sound like shes stupidly trying to scam you, but I would keep her sweet so she thinks you are not disbelieving her that way she might be a bit more forthcoming with info.

In the meantime, regardless of the time frame, report it to ebay & follow the WU process in full. she hasn't got a complaint about you at all, her only 'complaint' is that you haven't paid in her specified 24 hrs. Well, you have & can prove you have, its now a matter of a theft as 'someone' has claimed the money.

alos, I'd just check with WU how they stand regards to her making enquiries on this transaction., she said they wouldn't discuss it with her as the contract is with you, well, thats only partly true, as of course, part of that contract is they release it to HER so there fore, she is part of the contract too. I see no reason why they won't discuss parts of it with her. for a start, they should be able to confirm to her that it was collected.

good luck hun & keep up updated

thank you princess your words and the other ladies are what keeps me encouraged to not give up on this
thanks from the bottom of my crying heart:flowers: :crybaby:

aw, emila, its ok. man, Id hate to be in your position.

look, at the end of the day, either WU have F'd up & given out your money to someone else (hiiiiiiiiiiighly unlikely we all know that ) & they have to take the consequences & pay up to the right person. Or, the seller has take n the cash & is trying to claim she hasn't & thats theft & fraud. both MAJOR crimes that are not looked apon lightly over here.
If thats the case, she'll be prosecuted & you stand a good chance of getting your money back (personally I'm sure if you hit her with a well constructed case & evidence she'll cave & you'll get you bag :biggrin:)

Actually, the British press are having a bit of an attack ebay at the moment (they frequently are) as one person in london was robbed at gunpoint when they went to pick up a car they bought (off ebay) that was advertised through the site. It didn't seem to matter to the press at all that ebay had nothing at all to do with the transaction. So you may find if all else fails that a paper or TV channel is interested in your story. a long shot, but if all else fails you could hold that over her head too :biggrin:

oh i'm so sorry...i don't live in london and don't know much about westen union but it sounds as if you're doing all you can at the moment...i'll be thinking about you and sending all my best wishes!!!
xoxo

Emila, I live outside London, but even so, just because we live here, there is nothing we can do for you.

It is clearly a matter that you have to take up with Ebay and Western Union. The bag seems genuine, the seller seems genuine, yet something very strange has happened if your money has been claimed by somebody else. You have to contact the Police if ebay are saying that they cannot help as they do not advise payment via western union.
:sad: So sad for you, but honestly, nobody can help you just because we live in the same country as the seller, you need to go higer and find out where your money has gone :sad:

so sad for you though.

Western Union should be held LIABLE IF THATS TRUE..I think the seller is scamming you..I used WU and they made me show them ID and I had to have the person sending the Moneys name and addy too..HOW could someone else get it? Call WU ASAP..They always write down the ID of the person who picked it up..IF it was her..she will be BUSTED

You can always try a scare tactic like this:

Dear seller,

Since you already know I sent you the money because Western Union told you someone else took the money, you are still liable to send me the bag. I finished my end of the deal, and Western Union has proof of this. The missing money is now between you and Western Union. They should be held liable for letting the money go to another party, other than yourself. I will open a fraud claim with WU, on my end, immediatly to let them know they money I sent was "stolen". Please let me know when you are sending the bag with a confirmation #.

Thanks,
Buyer

allison said:

Dear seller,

Since you already know I sent you the money because Western Union told you someone else took the money, you are still liable to send me the bag. I finished my end of the deal, and Western Union has proof of this. The missing money is now between you and Western Union. They should be held liable for letting the money go to another party, other than yourself. I will open a fraud claim with WU, on my end, immediatly to let them know they money I sent was "stolen". Please let me know when you are sending the bag with a confirmation #.

Thanks,
Buyer

I agree with allison. You did you part. It is not your fault that someone else picked up the money. Personally I think the seller is BS'ing you. I've used Western Union before, and like the other ladies here, I've had so show proof of identity. The believe the seller is trying to pull a fast one. In any case, this is a Western Union issue that they should take responsibility for. It is highly unlikely that someone stole her license and knew to go to WU to collect your money. The whole thing smells seller fishy! :yucky:

lordguinny said:
I agree with allison. You did you part. It is not your fault that someone else picked up the money. Personally I think the seller is BS'ing you. I've used Western Union before, and like the other ladies here, I've had so show proof of identity. The believe the seller is trying to pull a fast one. In any case, this is a Western Union issue that they should take responsibility for. It is highly unlikely that someone stole her license and knew to go to WU to collect your money. The whole thing smells seller fishy! :yucky:

Exactly! How on earth could this be possible? Proof of identity is always needed to "pick up" money from WU. Lemme guess, the "THIEF" also looks like the seller of the Chloe bag? Highly unlikely.
So sorry to hear you have to deal with this. Be persistant and good luck.

lordguinny said:

Wow...you can tell I had just woken up when I wrote this post....my grammar is all over the place! :lol:

Oustanding suggestion Allison!!!

I think I'd go this route for sure!!

Good luck Emilia. Hang in there.

allison said:

Dear seller,

Thanks,
Buyer

emila - so sorry this has happened.
I agree with all the ladies here - the seller sounds very dodgy.
I would be extremely concerned if someone else had access to my email account and ID in my name to:

1. obtain the money order number
2. present it and ID for payment

She is full of b**sh*t!

Status
Not open for further replies.