I Won A Silverado On Ebay And I Was Scammed Help

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. OMG!!!??? what??? I am so sorry to hear this emila...

kinda impossible though that someone would claim it having the same name and address..and knows the sender's name as well...

too shady if you ask me

:cursing: :cursing:
  2. what should i do help me ladies please
  3. Seriously....that is crazy. Im sure someone here will help you out...lots of smart ladies around here. Im so sorry! Please keep us posted.
  4. Oohh, I'm sorry to hear that :sad:

First and foremost, report this incident to eBay ASAP; they need to know about the scammer.

Unfortunately, I don't know if you can get your money back. Never bid on an auction in which the seller only accepts a money order and does not offer Paypal; paypal is your friend and will protect you in fraudulent transactions.
  5. Hi Emilia,
    I am sorry for such a bad experience on eBay.
    I have been very fortunate I do lots of research read most of the feedback especially if they have had negative feedback.
    If a vender is selling more than one of the same style bag chances are they are selling fakes. Especially if the bag is completely sold out in retail store how would sombody come by 30 of them???
    The price may be tempting but usually you get what you pay for.
    I have a phone # for ebay I hope it will be of some help to you.
    obviously this person picked the $ up and needs to be reported to ebay they may help you make things right.
    good luck- kelly-:sad:
  6. thanks so much
    the seller does offer paypal but unfortunately for us from the philippines we only can pay thru western union thats why i sent my payment thru western and when i checked it it has been picked up already but seller claims she hasnt pick it up yet so i dont know what to do western union pays out if receiver presents a valid ID so i dont know how it was picked up by somebody other than the seller herself.
    cant file a dispute in ebay yet since it has to be 2 weeks from auction end:crybaby: :crybaby:
  7. Oh I am so sorry to hear that!! The bag was gorgeous too.

Can you report it to Western Union???

I doubt ebay will help much, even after 2 weeks. I have been
    scammed twice on ebay over the years and my experience is
    they have seldom if ever helped resolve issues of this nature.
  8. Ebay will tell you you're SOL. If you read the rules, they say, specifically, DO NOT PAY VIA WESTERN UNION. It is not an accepted method of payment because it's not traceable. Always pay with Paypal or a postal money order, otherwise you're screwing yourself.
  9. I'm so sorry this happened to you. I had a similar situation happen to me with a Chloe python bag that I bought off of ebay. Fortunately, I was able to get half of my money back, but I the other half was a wash. I was able to get half of it back because I paid via paypal, but the reason why I wasn't able to get all of it back was because I paid with a debit card. Didn't quite understand that, but this is what paypal told me. If I would have used a credit card, then all of my money would have been refunded. I was told never to trust a seller that only excepts wire transfers. Did you call ebay? If so, were they able to help you? :sweatdrop:
  10. i cant get to ebay i dont know how to contact them coming from the philippines i have sent emails to the seller and am still waiting for a response western union is investigating on my behalf so all i have to do is wait i hope ladies from Uk will help me but i dont know pf members who are from UK
  11. calling on members from west sussex haywards heath please help me out
  12. Did the Seller have this bag for sale or was her account hijacked?

If she had it for sale, she is the one who picked up the money and is being untruthful. If her account was hijacked and this wasn't her listing, she needs to report it to Ebay. You may be covered up to $250. There is like a general recovery fund.
  13. I'm really sorry this happened to you. It is so annoying that some sellers would not accept PayPal because addresses outside the US cannot be confirmed. I had to pay for a couple of items through wire transfer and it is always such a scary thing. I hope things work out for you eventually.
  14. the seller had this item for sale on ebay and i won it but she claims that the payment has already been picked up but not by her
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.