I was robbed by my closest friend. Scarce good people left.

tod said:
This is horrible. I don't even know what to say... I hope you find a way to get your stuff back. How evil. I'm so sorry this happened to you.

Same here. I am at a complete loss for words. To think that people have this inside of them just makes me so angry. How can someone do that to a 'friend' and then continue with their everyday lives??? That would eat me from the inside out.

I am really sorry to hear this and hope everything works out somehow, even though I know what I say cannot replace what you lost or how betrayed you feel.

This is unbelievable!! I'm so sorry LondonBrat. Fine a police report ASAP! Even if she isn't directly implicated (which is really unlikely) then she collaborated to the theft because your flat wasn't broken in.

I hope everything turns out ok for you.

..........I'm completely lost for words. I don't know how anyone could do that to someone who's been so good to them and still feel worthy of living. Its despicable.

Absolutely go to the police with a comprehensive list of what's missing, and its monetary value as far as you know. They'll take you a lot more seriously this way. And if they won't do anything, take her to civil court. You helped out a friend - this does not give her the right to steal from you.

Man I wanna kill that b**ch!

That's just awful, I feel for you so much.:amazed:

Do try the police - it's a serious amount of stuff she's taken, and if they can see you are serious they are more likely to pursue it.

Meanwhile maybe we could between us keep an eye on E-bay in the UK to look for a new trader selling lots of stuff - and have you thought about ringing the dress agencies in London who sell good designer gear and maybe faxing them a list and informing them that anyone who comes in selling lots of that stuff is possibly a thief?

They try to avoid stolen goods as it damages their rep, and that way, if she can't unload the gear for money she is more likely to have it when the police call round.

I don't think the fact it's just your word against hers should matter, that is the case very often with muggings and rape even, just stand your ground - maybe if you/your family have the funds, contact a lawyer as well?

Good Luck! ;)

Cx

Awwww LB that sooo sucks. Although thinking of Minnie having a go at her made me ROFL! Don't mess with a PF chick!
You've been so kind to people, including me. I can't believe that people are like that, despite so many examples. Sad, jealous little loser...:wacko:

I hope by now you have contacted the police. Don't wait to do it. Time is of the essence for recovery purposes. Please let us know how it goes.
I hope your bf is helping to console you. While some things you descibed I'm sure are replaceable, the sentiment attached to others, like your gradmother's things, are not. I can only imagine your grief at your loss and such a betrayal.
Feel free to PM me if you need anything. I wish I could help you.

OMG Without a shadow of a doubt - go to the police - asap.

If you have pictures of all the items that are missing, then even better. Also if you can tell them when you think it was taken, that's good too - it all helps.
Write down a list of every single thing that is missing, it's value, colour, any special markings etc, then go to the police with that.

As someone else suggested, don't tell her you're going as that will get her defences up, but you must get this sorted. Theft is theft and whether it was a mix up with her stuff and your stuff or not, she knows whether she owns a Chloe python and sentimental jewellery or not!:sad:

I am so so sorry this has happened to you, and all off someone who claimed to be a FRIEND!:sad2: Yuk!
Hugs to you xxx

Goodness, that's just terrible. Bad enough the stuff has gone, but a "friend"???

Now, plan of action;

Do you know where she is currently staying? Have you any mutual friends that you can find out from? What about the uncle? At this point, unless she's been blabbing, which I doubt, no one should be aware of why you need to contact her so urgently. If you can find her, and I'd say it was more important to find her at where ever she is now staying, as if you just meet up with her in the street, there won't be any chance of your recovering your stuff. You're going to need help with this one, I wouldn't attempt to tackle her on my own. Just remember, if she has the lack of morals to steal from her friend, I wouldn't be guessing that she'll be overcome with remorse and want to just hand your things back...

You need to start making an inventory of all your stuff. Things like your Grandmothers necklace, you you may be able to prove belonged to you? (will/family photo's etc) Would you have any receipts for stuff like your laptop, bags etc. Type it up, making reference to any proof of ownership. This will look more professional to the police.

Once you have your inventory, take your boyfriend with you down to the the police station and say you "wish to report a crime". They are obliged to take all your details, details of the crime and they HAVE to give you a crime number. At any point, if you feel you are not being taken seriously, ask to speak to the commanding officer. This will be taken seriously. As someone already said, because you have a flat mate, it doesn't give them the right to steal your property.

I really, really hope you get your things returned.

I can't imagine how upsetting this must be.

Take care,

K

i wanted to write something but i swear i am out of words. i cannot believe a friend would do this to you. i'd be so angry i'd probably be stalking her everywhere until i get my stuff back. i swear if i saw her on the street with one of my bags i'd ripp it out of her hands. and if she wants back what's inside of it she better give me my other stuff back too.
i'm so sorry this happened to you, this is unbelievable!

Sanguar said:
Def. go to the police. You own the stuff, she does not. It's that simple. Your BF can vouch for you. At least they may hassle her enough to give it up!

The hell you cant call the police. I think over a certain amount its considered a felony. Good luck to you! What a piece of crap that girl is.

Selena

OMG! I'm so sorry for your loss! I think everyone has given really sound advice, and I sincerely hope that you recoup all your missing items. If your suspicions are correct about this former friend, I hope that she gets what she deserves....some jail time.

HUGS to you! Good luck!