I no longer wish to be associated with My Poupette!

Wow...so sorry to hear it has come to this! I'm not really active on eBay and never bought my LV there but I had relied on MPRS to find legit sellers! If they really are falling out it's going to be a lot harder for newbies like me to find authentic used items!

I was surprised that her reply did not include something like "We are taking steps to address/rectify the problems"

I am all for giving people a chance & I will await her reply to my second email. I have paid her up until the 5th September so am entitled to continue to use the logo meantime. She certainly didn't offer me a partial refund of fees if I were to cease membership now as my email implied!

Her reply certainly didn't sound reassuring or professional--it just sounded like she has basically given up trying to preserve a semblance of integrity. I've heard so many bad things about My Poupette over the past year that I also completely disregard it when I see that a seller has listed them.

In this kind of business, your reputation and integrity mean everything. I've seen casual ebay sellers here on tpf going to great lengths to preserve their feedback and prove that they don't sell fakes--it's sad that My Poupette, which is supposed to be an actual business, seems to put little if any effort into that.

I have had a reply from Angie, I have to have integrity regarding private mail so I don't know if it is really fair to post her detailed explanation here without her permission but in her defense I will tell you that she has explained that fashionphile is still a member because she made one mistake & deserves a second chance & that she will be addressing the slow authentication issues due to overload soon.

I don't know the names of any other MPRS members who have sold fakes if anyone wishes to tell me I can pass them on & look for answers.

I really don't think MPRS means anything anymore. People are much more savvy about authentications...and will only use them (or Carol Diva) when they have to do a chargeback with Paypal.

I haven't really been keeping up-to-date with any situations on ebay with regards to LV.....but IMHO NO ONE should be given second chances!!!!

Actually...I'm shocked fashionphile continues to pay for MPRS...she doesn't need them anymore!

I have had a reply from Angie, I have to have integrity regarding private mail so I don't know if it is really fair to post her detailed explanation here without her permission but in her defense I will tell you that she has explained that fashionphile is still a member because she made one mistake & deserves a second chance & that she will be addressing the slow authentication issues due to overload soon.

I don't know the names of any other MPRS members who have sold fakes if anyone wishes to tell me I can pass them on & look for answers.

Hi Roz, I know you will probably not want to go into great length of detail because it is private but there are so many issues, and with being on tPF we know quite alot, but these are probably only the tip of the iceberg.

There are obviously alot of problems, not just slow authentications and selling of fakes. But stealing pics, wrong info in authentications, Stolen money from authentications which have not been given, and probably more stuff I dont know about.

I usually e-mail them about 99.9% of thing I see going on but I cant say I have had an e-mail about anything. I really hope MyPoupette can get back on Track. :flowers:

^^^^^^

Yes I hope so Socialite, I am not an unreasonable person & also believe in giving people a second chance. Let's see if things improve.

The thing about running a business is that you have to attend to it & really once your reputation slips it can be gone forever. When you take money from people you must deliver, I hope MP learns this now.

I really hope that My Poupette can salvage their reputation and get back on their feet. It is a really good idea, and if they can police their members properly and reply to the authentication requests then they would be excellent. Most important is the policing of their members, they need to make sure that none of them sell fakes, this would help to restore the trust in MPRS sellers. Without potential buyers trusting that they are definitely buying and looking at an authentic item then the whole MPRS recommended badge becomes meaningless.

I really hope that My Poupette can salvage their reputation and get back on their feet. It is a really good idea, and if they can police their members properly and reply to the authentication requests then they would be excellent. Most important is the policing of their members, they need to make sure that none of them sell fakes, this would help to restore the trust in MPRS sellers. Without potential buyers trusting that they are definitely buying and looking at an authentic item then the whole MPRS recommended badge becomes meaningless.

totally agree. this idea is such a great one--and the business really is one that is desperately needed. I would really like to see MP get back on track.

I got really scared when I bought a CABAS PM a from MPRSeller and as I was opening up the package I discovered that the bag was in a fake dust cloth. Has this hapend to anyone?