I just sold my Twiggy Anthracite - here's why >>>

karenab

O.G.
Mar 16, 2007
Although its a nice colour, its just too blue for my liking. If it was twice as dark, like a black blue colour that looks black but in the sunlight you see a blue, then I probably would have kept it.

Its just too blue (no matter what light I'm in) and its not a dark enough blue to be special (for me). Basically I don't LOVE IT. I just liked it.

I love my twiggy in natural (a great neutral + stand out colour) and as for my 05 black dag bag..... :drool:

Sooooo I felt anthracite just had to go. (I listed it last night and it got snapped up already with my BIN!!)

I instead just struck a deal with an ebay seller and got the 05 twiggy in bordeaux. (Her auction ended with no bids so I made her an offer which she accepted). I CANNOT WAIT!!!

I have wanted a dark red bag for as long as I can remember but never found one that was a dark enough red. (If I did, the style was wrong).

Here's a couple of pics of it on LILO :wlae: (although the 2nd pic looks a bit like the maroon, but you get the idea!)

THIS is the colour and the style that I have been after :supacool:

Will post pics when it arrives!!!

Attachments

• balencbordeauxtwiggy.jpg
    balencbordeauxtwiggy.jpg
    40.4 KB · Views: 234
  • balectwiggi.jpg
    balectwiggi.jpg
    54.7 KB · Views: 226
Isn't it funny how certain colors just call your name? You absolutely did the right thing!!! These bags are way too expensive not to love every single thing about them...especially the color!! How exciting!!! Post pics the second you get it!!! Bordeaux is TDF!! Congrats!!! :yahoo:

Oh yay! Congrats on your new bbag. :yahoo: Sorry to hear that anthratwiggy didn't work out for you.

Personally, I'm still waiting for Bal to make that perfect dark, deep, rich red......

Isn't it funny how certain colors just call your name? You absolutely did the right thing!!! These bags are way too expensive not to love every single thing about them...especially the color!! How exciting!!! Post pics the second you get it!!! Bordeaux is TDF!! Congrats!!! :yahoo:

Yes, I have always drooled over Bordeaux. I have kept those LiLo pics on my desktop to sigh over too. I know, so sad.

And the price was another reason I sold it. For that amount, I should LOVE IT.

Will def post pics!!!!!

I'm in the process of doing the same thing. There is a few of my Bbags I like but not LOVE! I'm glad you found something you will be IN LOVE with! Great color choice!

Yes, you have to LOVE your bag.

I have both the anthracite twiggy and the first in bordeaux. They're quite different.

Of all the Balenciaga dark reds, my favorite goes to the bordeaux. It's such a rich, gorgeous color! Congrats!

Yes, you have to LOVE your bag.

I have both the anthracite twiggy and the first in bordeaux. They're quite different.

Of all the Balenciaga dark reds, my favorite goes to the bordeaux. It's such a rich, gorgeous color! Congrats!

How are you liking bordeaux as a colour? It looks like its dark red with a slight purple hue correct? Also, has yours dulled down or retained its sheen finish?

i love bordeaux...can't wait to see piccies! i'm sorry that your anthratwiggy didn't work out for you, but i'm glad you found a color you're sure to love!

It's great that you are getting something that you'll love. Only liking a bag is definitely not a sufficient reason for keeping it around if it won't get used. Enjoy!!

You made a fantastic choice, b/c you need to LOVE it if you're going to spend that much money. I love the bordeaux choice. THe pics of LL are super cute. I wish that she would go back to carrying Balenciaga.