I just feel I need to vent...

OOOH trish, i agree with you! it does annoy me like crazy sometimes when people think they are the best while carrying their knockoffs.

it also annoys me when people think my bags are knockoff just because i'm young- someone actually today saw my LV tote in the back of the store where i work (a jewelry botique) and was asking me if there are many knockoffs in canal street right now! i was like noooo! my bag is real!!!!

Sometimes I get a little giggle at a fake if I see one. I could care less who's carrying it though ;):flowers:
As long as you have authentic ones, oh well!

I totally agree.

That said, let's be honest, there are clearly people out there carrying REAL LV's acting all 'high and mighty' and judging what other's carry. Maybe they talk about those people on the tFPF (The Fake Purse Forum).

I totally agree.

That said, let's be honest, there are clearly people out there carrying REAL LV's acting all 'high and mighty' and judging what other's carry. Maybe they talk about those people on the tFPF (The Fake Purse Forum).

Yeah...designer purses does do some funky stuff to some people.

A little OT, but I was in Baby Dior at HR a little while ago, and this girl was carrying a pink Chanel tote...she was buzzing around the store...not watching her way when she bumped into me. She said in this fake voice without looking at me, "Oh, I am SO sorry!" and then looked up at me. I walked by and said a sincere "Oh, sorry!" and she tilted her head, gave me that "Who the hell do you think you are?" face and said "Oh my god.." (dragging the "god" part) as if I'm supposed to look her right into the eye, and apologize to her like she's the queen! She then flipped her hair at me, turned as if to show me "Ohhh look, I carry Chanel!" and stormed off...what's the matter with some people? :shrugs:

Yeah...designer purses does do some funky stuff to some people.

A little OT, but I was in Baby Dior at HR a little while ago, and this girl was carrying a pink Chanel tote...she was buzzing around the store...not watching her way when she bumped into me. She said in this fake voice without looking at me, "Oh, I am SO sorry!" and then looked up at me. I walked by and said a sincere "Oh, sorry!" and she tilted her head, gave me that "Who the hell do you think you are?" face and said "Oh my god.." (dragging the "god" part) as if I'm supposed to look her right into the eye, and apologize to her like she's the queen! She then flipped her hair at me, turned as if to show me "Ohhh look, I carry Chanel!" and stormed off...what's the matter with some people? :shrugs:

Honestly, I think some people use luxury goods to make themselves feel superior and define who they are. Thankfully, most of us know this to be completely silly. Once you strip away the bags and designer goodies what really defines us is the way we treat others and our contributions. Defining someone else by their bag is pretty damned shallow; treating someone rudely is just bad karma.

Apart from the obvious issues of what fake bags support - what annoys me most about these fake-bag-carrying people is not that they're carrying a fake bag...but the attitude that comes with it.

Imagine what they'd be like if they had an authentic one! :shocked:

Acting like you're better than other people because of what bag you're carrying is disgusting :yucky: Regardless if it's fake or authentic!

hey, but its all love and obsessing here. there really is no need to be mean or judgemental.

counterfeits are illegal and are violations of the artist's copyrights. we know this. none of us like this.

but, most probably don't spend much time pondering it in regards to what others are carrying.

you came here to vent, and you did.

tpf is supposed to be a safe place for us all. to be who ever you want and have fun in our little accessories world.

Acting like you're better than other people because of what bag you're carrying is disgusting :yucky: Regardless if it's fake or authentic!

hey, but its all love and obsessing here. there really is no need to be mean or judgemental.

counterfeits are illegal and are violations of the artist's copyrights. we know this. none of us like this.

but, most probably don't spend much time pondering it in regards to what others are carrying.

you came here to vent, and you did.

tpf is supposed to be a safe place for us all. to be who ever you want and have fun in our little accessories world..

I had a zen moment tonight...maybe the women who are carrying fakes are just doing the best they can? Not everyone can afford a $1200 bag but that doesn't mean they don't want to be fashionable. KWIM?

For some women, they could have no idea what LV is. What if the bag was given to them as a gift and they liked it...? Not all women who carry fakes may know it's a fake, or what the particular designer brand is :shrugs:

Whoa, this I have to agree with. When I came over to my best friend's house, I noticed her mom had a lovely cabas piano, and I asked her mother about it. She said that it was real and that her rich sister got it for her (as she could never actually afford one herself, and she was very modest about that). She seemed very proud of it, and noticed my admiration of it. However, I realized it was fake - the glaze was wrong and the vachetta looked off. It was still a really good fake, though; if I didn't look at it closely, I'd think it was real! :yes: Honestly, I felt bad for my best friend's mom because her rich sister gave her a fake bag...and I know the sister buys authentic LV all the time because my best friend always tells me how they go to the boutique in Beverly Hills whenever they're staying over!

I had a zen moment tonight...maybe the women who are carrying fakes are just doing the best they can? Not everyone can afford a $1200 bag but that doesn't mean they don't want to be fashionable. KWIM?

Meh. But if they have a superior attitude about the fact that they're carrying a label (real or not), then it's not really fashionable. Rudeness is never acceptable.