I just feel I need to vent...

Honestly I know a lot of ppl that choose to carry fakes...........my mom has a few and so do my cousins. They just don't realize that it's actually wrong. They don't have the same obsession as I do and feel kind of special that they are carrying something that looks expensive. I don't let it bother me......it's their choice and they are old enough to know better. I really don't judge ppl for this decision...it's just not one I would make.

I agree- I have friends that love designer stuff but just can't afford it, either because they don't earn enough or because they have kids. I couldn't care less that they wear fake bags and I hope they don't feel awkward around me because mine are real.. I live and let live, and enjoy what I have.:yes:

Meh. But if they have a superior attitude about the fact that they're carrying a label (real or not), then it's not really fashionable. Rudeness is never acceptable.

I personally have never noticed or experienced this rudeness of which you speak. I agree that such behavior from anyone, real bag owner or fake bag owner, is completely uncalled-for.

"Everybody has to feel superior to somebody. But it's customary to present a little proof before you take the privilege." IMO the type of handbag one carries is not proof of anything except how much money one is willing to pay for an accessory.

My point was merely that perhaps some women who carry fakes do so in an effort to be stylish within their means, rather than to be malicious or deliberately offensive.

Personally, I feel darn lucky to have real LVs. I recognize that for some people a $620 Speedy purchase means months of savings if it's at all possible due to their income, children, medical expenses, etc.

I also see that on a daily basis the media touts luxury items. Every issue of US, Star, In Style illustrates the newest trends, many of which are out of reach of the average family. And although I don't agree with what fake bags represent, I can understand that for some people a fake bag puts a spring in their step and makes them feel special. And quite honestly, if it makes them happy who I am to judge them or pee on their parade.

hey, but its all love and obsessing here. there really is no need to be mean or judgemental.

counterfeits are illegal and are violations of the artist's copyrights. we know this. none of us like this.

but, most probably don't spend much time pondering it in regards to what others are carrying.

you came here to vent, and you did.

tpf is supposed to be a safe place for us all. to be who ever you want and have fun in our little accessories world.

Huh? Is your post directed to me or the OP? Not sure why you're quoting me...:confused1:

Personally, I feel darn lucky to have real LVs. I recognize that for some people a $620 Speedy purchase means months of savings if it's at all possible due to their income, children, medical expenses, etc.

I also see that on a daily basis the media touts luxury items. Every issue of US, Star, In Style illustrates the newest trends, many of which are out of reach of the average family. And although I don't agree with what fake bags represent, I can understand that for some people a fake bag puts a spring in their step and makes them feel special. And quite honestly, if it makes them happy who I am to judge them or pee on their parade.

Yup!!!! I see tons of ladies w/ fakes but I really dont care and have no opinions about it.....it is true that not everyone wants or can afford the prices so its a choice and its just a bag.....:shame:

Honestly, I think some people use luxury goods to make themselves feel superior and define who they are. Thankfully, most of us know this to be completely silly. Once you strip away the bags and designer goodies what really defines us is the way we treat others and our contributions. Defining someone else by their bag is pretty damned shallow; treating someone rudely is just bad karma.

Well said.

I personally have never noticed or experienced this rudeness of which you speak. I agree that such behavior from anyone, real bag owner or fake bag owner, is completely uncalled-for.

"Everybody has to feel superior to somebody. But it's customary to present a little proof before you take the privilege." IMO the type of handbag one carries is not proof of anything except how much money one is willing to pay for an accessory.

My point was merely that perhaps some women who carry fakes do so in an effort to be stylish within their means, rather than to be malicious or deliberately offensive.

^^^Ditto!
I'm so glad I'm not a Catty broad :wlae: .

Haha I didn't know that so many of you would get so fired up over my thread. Anyways for a little clarification...the people that annoy me are the ones that KNOW they have a fake bag and act like it's real and look at me like I'm crazy. I realize that not everyone can afford the real deal. It's the ones that know they're bag is fake and have the attitude that they're better than everyone else. I just think that if you don't have the $ then don't cheapen an expensive brand and make it look cheap by buying fake bags. I think fake bags are almost like cheating...I was just voicing my opinion....Apparently that's not tolerated well on this forum....sorry

I was just voicing my opinion....Apparently that's not tolerated well on this forum....sorry

I think you feel offended; I hope that isn't the case.

I would respectfully disagree with you about opinions not being tolerated on this forum. Just because everyone didn't agree with you doesn't make the dissenters intolerant. Trust me, on a forum this size we have been known to disagree with one another about things. What makes it awesome is we all toss in our 2 cents and try to do it respectfully.

Ugh, I could go on for days about how much I hate it when people carry fakes. It seems it's always the loudest, snotties women who are rocking the most hideous fakes, too. Carrying fake bags is just a symptom of their insecurity. They are so desperate for validation and adoration that they have to put up a front of wealth and go to great lengths to flaunt it. It's pretty sad. And then there's plain ignorance.