I am so jealous of celebrities and the status!

I'd hate it.

I couldn't stand the lack of privacy, the constant harrassment and not being able to let my guts hang out without it ending up in some trashy mag.

I like my quiet life.

I agree. they can keep their celebrity status! I'd hate it.

Having come from the entertainment business (and DH is still in it) NO! I would not want to be a celebrity. You are only commenting on the positive side. You don't see the leaches and yes men and jealous phonies that surround them. You don't see the pressure to stay on top. You don't see alot of the insecurity and unhappiness that hounds alot of them. Money and fame absolutely does not bring happiness. Peace and contentment come from a strong spiritual base, strong REAL relationships with friends and family. Ask yourself if you died tomorrow, how would people remember you? Would they miss you and how good a soul/friend/SO you were? I'd rather work hard for my$$ and friends/family then have someone just throw things at me for free just because of who I was not because of the person I really am. Its essentially just being used when companies give free stuff to celebs. It can be a very empty, sad, unfullfilling existence or you would not see so much substance abuse among celebs because they are constantly trying to fill a huge hole in their heart that money or fame cannot fill. Not every celeb is screwed up but having your feet on the ground seems to be the exception these days and not the rule. Find your happiness where it really means something and stop looking at what others have because it really is nothing when you get down to it - you can't take it with you as they say...

Nah, I have not wanted the hassle, if you want fame, anyone can get it, but what you do for it is anothe matter!
These people some of us envy have crappy lives, fame comes at a price.
If your dream is to be rich and famous, there are other ways of doing it. Me, I would rather have the wealth with my privacy!Lol!

would never in a million years want to be famous. the few times that i have had a newscamera in my face, i asked that i not be filmed.

i guess if i had the choice to be rich and famous, or myself...i'd choose my current life

I feel like that sometimes myself....when you have to make choices that with more money...would not have to take any sacrifice....and to look at someone who never has to ask and is just given things...its depressing.....

But with fame and alot of money.......brings alot of problems too...and when you see rich or famous ppl committing suicide or having such deep problems, you know that what they have isnt everything....

So, I try and think relatively.....like, there are alot of ppl who are far worse off, in other countries, with no options/opportunities, no food, no peace, no future....I think of the real important things that I have and thank God.....and like someone said....you do the best you can with what you've got and feel blessed to have loved ones in your life....it works for me.....

Having come from the entertainment business (and DH is still in it) NO! I would not want to be a celebrity. You are only commenting on the positive side. You don't see the leaches and yes men and jealous phonies that surround them. You don't see the pressure to stay on top. You don't see alot of the insecurity and unhappiness that hounds alot of them. Money and fame absolutely does not bring happiness. Peace and contentment come from a strong spiritual base, strong REAL relationships with friends and family. Ask yourself if you died tomorrow, how would people remember you? Would they miss you and how good a soul/friend/SO you were? I'd rather work hard for my$$ and friends/family then have someone just throw things at me for free just because of who I was not because of the person I really am. Its essentially just being used when companies give free stuff to celebs. It can be a very empty, sad, unfullfilling existence or you would not see so much substance abuse among celebs because they are constantly trying to fill a huge hole in their heart that money or fame cannot fill. Not every celeb is screwed up but having your feet on the ground seems to be the exception these days and not the rule. Find your happiness where it really means something and stop looking at what others have because it really is nothing when you get down to it - you can't take it with you as they say...

I was going to comment...but Bags summed up what I was going to say much better, and from an insider's point of view.

Belini, I might have felt that way when I was younger...say my twenties, and I bet most that feel the way you do are around that age as well. Something lovely happens as you age...you get so much more clarity on life and what truly defines happiness.

I'm actually jealous about so many people who do not want to be celebrities!
I must admit, I've been jealous about celebrities for a while. I mean, I really wanted to be famous, that's why I went into modelling business, but I was not successful, while a few girls I knew personally got really big (at least here in Ukraine, and some internationally). I'm still down and depressed about that.
I also admit that I'm jealous even more about their money, which allows them to lead the life they want (all the best clothes, cars, travelling etc).
I know that it's bad to be jealous about somebody and that does not help, that you should be glad about what you have, and not to compare yourself with other people bla-bla-bla, but I can't help it. I simply can't, even though I'm quite ashamed. Every time I see some celebrities (especially models of Ukrainian or Russian origin) I feel myself a failure.

I d like to have the money and how they always get tons of free stuff, and can go on vacation whenever they want. But other than that I couldnt take being in the spotlight, I hate ebing the center of attention and im shy. And honestly I feel like I'd always be scared, When your in the spotlight like that its like your a target for al sorts of terrible things.

I do feel jealous not only about celebs, but rich people in general. It happens in the PF too, when I see a lot of girls buying almost everything they desire - not only bags, but expensive shoes, cars, holidays...I can't complain about my job and salary, but I don't come from a wealthy family and my BF earns as much as I do, so at the end of the month there's not much left. I work hard for my 1000€/month, then I see all those wealthy boys/girls doing nothing everyday and having fun thanks to daddy's money....:cursing:

^^^My college friend and roommate thrived off of daddy's money.

She had difficulty finishing college.

Her jr. year she had to leave to spend a few months in the hospital due to depression.

She later finished her degree, but to this day, at age 38, has never been able to hold a job. I think the longest she lasted was one whole week.

Meanwhile, she has loads of designer clothes, bags, trips, jewelry, toys, etc.

Isn't that the saddest thing? Nothing to be jealous of in her case.

^^^My college friend and roommate thrived off of daddy's money.

She had difficulty finishing college.

Her jr. year she had to leave to spend a few months in the hospital due to depression.

She later finished her degree, but to this day, at age 38, has never been able to hold a job. I think the longest she lasted was one whole week.

Meanwhile, she has loads of designer clothes, bags, trips, jewelry, toys, etc.

Isn't that the saddest thing? Nothing to be jealous of in her case.[/quote]

of course not, but there are also other rich people who aren't depressed at all. Don't get me wrong, I love what I have and what I do because I worked hard for it and there are many people who are in worse positions than mine. what I say is that it would be great if only I didn't have to choose between a holiday or a new bag!