I am so jealous of celebrities and the status!

when I was a kid I wanted to be famous soooooo bad. I wanted to be on TV, an actress, model, Vegas showgirl, concert pianist, you name it!

Sure, it looks like celebs have fun all the time, parties, wealth, VIP lifestyle, all the material things they want. But as others have posted, that's just the visible pretty part, not the ugly part (pressure to stay on top, no privacy, etc). I could not BEAR having to go through my personal crap in the public eye, oy.

Studies actually show that after a certain needs and small wants threshold is attained in terms of money, more of it does NOTHING to make a person happier. It seems hard to believe sometimes, but as long as a person has their necessities met, all the money in the world does nothing to increase their happiness and often results in misery.

How many lottery winners have gone bankrupt or been divorced or estranged from family and friends? Would you really want to have the life of a lot of socialites or celebs? It may look great from the outside, but they have the same feelings and relationship struggles and issues with depression that average people have. In fact, their problems and failures are plastered all over the tabloids for everyone to see.

I'd hate to be a celeb and have people wondering if I was pg everytime I had a decent meal or gossiping about me being "curvy" when I gained 2.5 lb! Our happiness is really what we make of it; it is a decision, not chance when people are fulfilled and happy.

Everyone's responses are so true but that hasnt stopped me feeling like shyte. I guess i should stop feeling sorry for myself and go do something.
Ive always felt so alone and insignificant in life. Combine that with unsupportive parents and beautiful friends where im always the wing man or "ill talk to u so i can pick up your friend" girl. My friend is now doing some modelling and is rubbing it in my face too.

I need to get some self confidence, reckon eBay has any?;)

i know its hard rite now but allow urself to start dreaming...it sounds to me like u'd like to meet a fab guy who will sweep u off ur feet....who will treat u like a princess & u could fall in love??....what is so crazy about that??? it happens !

maybe u are jealous of ur friend modeling..why? bc modeling sounds like a glamourous life...it sounds like u'd like some glamour in your life too...and u know what.. u can have it! its hard when ur bogged down with bills but dont give up on ur dream of a fab life....it might take some time but it could happen
i mean maybe u cant marry a real prince but guess what? u could meet prince wills and not have any chemistry and so what would be the point in marrying someone u dont like?? u can meet ur own prince charming!!

I read this book the power of your subconcious mind..or the book sermon on the mount..and it basically about creating positive images to have the life u want.. even the laws of attraction ..
i'm sorry things are hard for you now but they'll get better just keep on dreaming and make ur own fab life..it could be little things but just do whatever little things make u happy and feel glam

Princess Me, what is the name of the book you read? I would love to read it

I have a boyfriend, he is great. But i still feel like this

How i feel about him etc and the doubts i have is a whole other thread :smile:

Everyone's responses are so true but that hasnt stopped me feeling like shyte. I guess i should stop feeling sorry for myself and go do something.
Ive always felt so alone and insignificant in life. Combine that with unsupportive parents and beautiful friends where im always the wing man or "ill talk to u so i can pick up your friend" girl. My friend is now doing some modelling and is rubbing it in my face too.

I need to get some self confidence, reckon eBay has any?;)

Im so sad to hear that you feel this way....I truely hope that you find the strength and start to build your confidence and outlook.....you can do it...:yes:

I used to model a bit when I was young...it was the only time in my life I felt sooooo ugly and unworthy......you can sooo easily loose yourself....I hated every minute of it....

don't be jealous...

count the number of priceless things u have...ur health, sight, limbs... what would all the money in the world do if you couldn't see the sunrise... or the faces of those you love...

be thankful!:tup:

Hmmm.. i think I've only been REALLY jealous of one person: my old friend because she got better marks than me in highschool (however, I later beat her overall in CEGEP:biggrin:). I think besides brains, I don't get jealous over other things. Sure, I've said that I've been jealous of my cousin's LV bags, but in the end, money-related matters do not get to me *THAT* much anymore.

I totally understand what you mean, because I sometimes think the same thing. I'm more jealous of the money and the fab events that celebs get to go to, than the fame. I've seen videos of celebs getting hounded by the paparazzi and it looks like hell.

As far as celebs being in the right place at the right time, most of them spent years trying to become famous. Brad Pitt used to work as the guy who wore the chicken costume and stood outside the door at el pollo loco before he became famous. That's not even a job I would ever do.

I think the best thing to do is save up some money every once in a while and treat yourself like you're famous. Go to the spa, get a facial, botox, or buy some expensive beauty products. If you're going to dinner or even starbucks, dress a little fancier than you normally would. The good thing is that once a celeb wears something, it's easy to find a similar piece that's not too expensive. If you look great, you'll feel a lot better about yourself, and it will temporarily take your mind off of whatever problems you have. Don't feel defeated, because you never know what could happen. There's always a chance you could become richer than Kate, or marry someone very wealthy.

Princess Me, what is the name of the book you read? I would love to read it

)
The names of the books I've read Belini are "The Power of Your Subconcious Mind" and " The Sermon on the Mount"
even if you just google phrase "The Laws of Attraction" you can pick up some great tips..

You have to train yourself to be positive... everytime u are jealous of others u are basically stopping urself from attaining a truly fab life

be happy for others, picture in your mind all u desire...no matter how outlandish it seems...cut out pics in magazines and keep them in a wish box or even make one online...everytime u are jealous or feel negative inside ur robbing urself of a FAb life..bc like attracts like..
if u picture in your head what u want...be specific about it & think about it alot..it'll come true or very close to it

when things get u down think about the day you'l have every fabulous thing u desire and it will happen.
be happy and happy things will start to happen to you more and more...this is the law of attraction...u attract to urself what you feel inside.

it sounds crazy but i grew up in foster care, couldnt have been more poor, or have lower self esteem but i just kept dreaming nomatter what happened..

bad things Will pass....and now i have an Absolutely FabUlous Life!!

Ask God for strength and happiness and stay focused and be happy for all you have and it will happen that one day you'll be the girl with it all!! Dont waste your life being miserable..be happy today, do like Spoiled said and be happy for urself and for others u'll see one day you'll wake up and see you have it all.
just train urself too that everytime u catch urself being negative turn your mind to something positive.. :heart: