How to buy a fake in todays Miami Herald

What are they thinking publishing an article like this. I realize it's "free speech", but this is disgusting! I makes it look like they are promoting the purchase of FAKE designer bags. Just wrong IMO!:tdown:

What are they thinking publishing an article like this. I realize it's "free speech", but this is disgusting! I makes it look like they are promoting the purchase of FAKE designer bags. Just wrong IMO!:tdown:

I totally agree. She wrote the article as if buying fake is the right thing to do. I understand the "free speech" act, but doesn't she know that selling fake is against the law? If no one is buying, the counterfeit business will eventually go out of business.

From what I learned from my Communication class, media has more power than we usually think. I believe that after reading this article, many people could be going on the trip to buy fake from NYC already.

We are definitely on the same page. If you can't afford the bag - do the old fashioned thing - SAVE FOR IT! If you can't save for it, you don't want it bad enough. FAKES ARE WRONG, UGLY AND ILLEGAL!

I live in NYC and know the chinatown fake bag market very well. In fact because of that it took me forever to decide whether or not to get my LV Speedy. I didn't want everyone to think I had a fake but then I decided I didn't care as long as I knew the difference.

The fake bag and apparel market is only going to get worse. As the prices go higher and higher - out of control really - and people want to have the "it" piece whether it is a bag, jeans or sunglasses there is nothing that can stop it. Unlike in Italy where it is illegal to buy fakes, in NYC it is only illegal to sell them, it is not illegal to buy them. I have friends in Hong Kong who have many beautiful "real" designer bags but are thinking of getting fakes from mainland China where they are suppose to be very very good.

Don't get me wrong, I don't like fakes and won't buy them however, I understand why people do it. I don't agree with it but I understand it. It is easy to say if you can't afford don't get it but if everyone has it and you know you will never be able to afford it, that one of these bags is the same price as your rent well.........

^^because, she's the brand name (hilton)!:P

though, perhaps carrying the comparison too far, as certainly in no way suggesting designer handbags (which i love) are like paris hilton (ew).

Why would the fake cost more than the original? :wondering

Through the way of the vicious cycle...

Person buy FAKE, then got called on by another saying she's carrying a FAKE will get pissed and buy the REAL (so the FAKE $$ plus the REAL $$$$$ = $$$$$$$ spent plus that bag either get thrown into the landfill, gets given as a gift to another unknowing victim or gets e-bayed).

Person really wants the REAL (but could only afford FAKE) gets a bright idea:idea:...
Why don't they sell the FAKE for the REAL to get enough $$$$$ to buy the REAL??? Victim bought FAKE off e-bay and such, person made $$$$$ fro the real gets more ideas:idea::idea: to make more money selling FAKES for easy money to fund these expensive purses or just to make money.

Victim got pissed when they found out they got FAKE but really wants REAL...

There goes the vicious cycle again.

So many $$$$$$$ plus $$$$$$ and more wasted, driving products price higher and higher. Easy really, simple economics.

And that has what to do with Paris Hilton?

Paris Hilton "look a like" in reference to the below....

i'm shocked that the Miami Herald would print this article.

would they run the chronicles of one of their reporters shopping for prostitutes and drugs in the back alleys of new york city, and then give tips on how to get really high quality products? (" Avoid crack sellers on street corners, especially around Ground Zero or Times Square. They usually have really weak crack laced with dog poo." or "Test every bag, unsnap each packet, and make sure the powder snorts smoothly and doesn't taste like cat litter.")

what's more, let's also post actual pictures of the illegal goods! that'll really show everyone what a quality publication we are!! ("At left, a $30 crack whore inspired by Paris Hilton.")

i emailed this article to coach, for what it counts.

Which I might add is really funny....

:roflmfao:

I can't believe they gave the exact location of the places!
(Yes, I have been to Chinatown - but I do not buy fakes! I save til I can get my dream or convince my parents to buy it for me :smile: But I love Ferrara's bakery, which is right nearby!)