How to buy a fake in todays Miami Herald

But then there are TPFers who support FAKES????
Read!

We may also be infiltrated with sellers/scammers right here trying to make our money off on-line purchases like e-bay so they(sellers of the FAKES) can carry the REAL stuff!

I cannot believe some of these comments! Arrrggh!

I should email Elaine, the writer of the article and tell her that she didn't need to go NY to buy fakes. They sell them in Miami. Didn't she read, in the Herald, about the bust at the Sheraton Mart for fake bags??

This is why I don't buy or carry my Coach bags any more. Everyone want to know if they are real. Yes they are!

You can post her a comment at the bottom of the article. Go fire away!!

I should email Elaine, the writer of the article and tell her that she didn't need to go NY to buy fakes. They sell them in Miami. Didn't she read, in the Herald, about the bust at the Sheraton Mart for fake bags??

This is why I don't buy or carry my Coach bags any more. Everyone want to know if they are real. Yes they are!

You can post her a comment at the bottom of the article. Go fire away!!

:s I think only members can post for a comment.... have to sign up I think.

But then there are TPFers who support FAKES????
Read!

We may also be infiltrated with sellers/scammers right here trying to make our money off on-line purchases like e-bay so they(sellers of the FAKES) can carry the REAL stuff!

I cannot believe some of these comments! Arrrggh!

Ok Miss...maybe you need to take it a littl easy. I'm assuming you're reffering to me because you posted this right after I responded to you. So, take a breath...and re-read my response to your comment. Maybe look at my response fr a diff pespective. Did you noticed that I asked you alot of questions? They weren't rhetorical. For example I asked, "how do you know real bags aren't green?" That wasn't me trying to be smart with you. That was me asking forreal..because maybe you would know since you knew so much about why fake bags weren't green. And my last comment about being a snob...i guess you didn't think that was funny? Catch my drift here?

So i've concluded that this is my last time responding to your post. I am relatively new here...i'm assuming i'll run into this situation alot more. "This situation" as in a topics in which people have strong and completely opposite difference in opinion. IN my case, i'm quite indifferent. My main concern with the whole thread was that tPfers kept saying that people who BUY fakes (knowingly or unnkowlingly) are bad people. like..how do you know they're bad people if you haven't met them?

Oh and I think you completely skipped over the part where i said I AGREE with you that fake bags infrige upon intellectual property..or something along those lines. So i'm not really sure how you concluded that I sell fake bags. I'm confused.

So that's all. Have a good day =)

oh- let me comment about this particular thread. I read it. saw the pics...they looked obviously fake. So i guess the writer didn't do such a good job anyway. Not to mention she described in detail exactly where to bust the illegal sellers. Bravo!

Ok Miss...maybe you need to take it a littl easy. I'm assuming you're reffering to me because you posted this right after I responded to you. So, take a breath...and re-read my response to your comment. Maybe look at my response fr a diff pespective. Did you noticed that I asked you alot of questions? They weren't rhetorical. For example I asked, "how do you know real bags aren't green?" That wasn't me trying to be smart with you. That was me asking forreal..because maybe you would know since you knew so much about why fake bags weren't green. And my last comment about being a snob...i guess you didn't think that was funny? Catch my drift here?

So i've concluded that this is my last time responding to your post. I am relatively new here...i'm assuming i'll run into this situation alot more. "This situation" as in a topics in which people have strong and completely opposite difference in opinion. IN my case, i'm quite indifferent. My main concern with the whole thread was that tPfers kept saying that people who BUY fakes (knowingly or unnkowlingly) are bad people. like..how do you know they're bad people if you haven't met them?

So that's all. Have a good day =)

oh- let me comment about this particular thread. I read it. saw the pics...they looked obviously fake. So i guess the writer didn't do such a good job anyway. Not to mention she described in detail exactly where to bust the illegal sellers. Bravo!

But I did answer your questions a "long time ago" darling didn't you read???
And NO, I am referring to SOME of the comments (not just yours but others as well). So the Arrrgh does not apply to you in particular.:upsidedown:

And NO, I am not mad at you at all:sad:.... and a very warm welcome to the TPF, so please do not be turn off by me (I have a big mouth but my opinions are always sincere and honest; I never pander to anyone and my friends prize me for being just that.).

If my opinions are right by me, yours should be right by yours as well:tup:, such is the freedom of speech which I totally believe is all our rights.

Gotta love this comment:
I know you purse people are out there...get off your freaking "ethical" and "moral" high horses and admit what we all suspect --- You've got a faux Coach bag in your closet too!

Nope, actually, no fakes in my closet! And there's nothing wrong with not being able to afford an expensive bag (or not choosing to spend your money on one). Carry a cheap no-name, not a fake. :rolleyes:

I like the point a lot of people are making about copyright infringement, and as a writer she should know that it's not okay to steal other people's work.

Gotta love this comment:
I know you purse people are out there...get off your freaking "ethical" and "moral" high horses and admit what we all suspect --- You've got a faux Coach bag in your closet too!

Nope, actually, no fakes in my closet! And there's nothing wrong with not being able to afford an expensive bag (or not choosing to spend your money on one). Carry a cheap no-name, not a fake. :rolleyes:

Well said! I completely agree! :yes:

Ugh! My mom and I read this in the paper this morning, and we were both so disgusted at this article! Neither one of us could believe that the Herald would actually print something like this. I'm so upset that this came out in the newspaper, it's ridiculous!

I actually like that you posted this article. I feel like knowledge is power and I would never know what this experience was like without the graphic detailing of how the author bought her fake bag. It only paints a seedy and pathetic picture,nothing alluring or tempting about that scenario.

Unbelievable.

I love how under one of the photos it states:

"At left, a $30 bag inspired by the $328 Hamptons Signature medium carryall. The bag at right is a $30 patchwork tote, similar to $398 gallery tote."

Then later in the article "tips" says:

"• Good fakes mimic the authenticity labels inside purses, and often have brand logos on the zipper pulls and include monogrammed protective cloth storage bags."

As if the ones above are really inspired by. Ughh.

i'm shocked that the Miami Herald would print this article.

would they run the chronicles of one of their reporters shopping for prostitutes and drugs in the back alleys of new york city, and then give tips on how to get really high quality products? (" Avoid crack sellers on street corners, especially around Ground Zero or Times Square. They usually have really weak crack laced with dog poo." or "Test every bag, unsnap each packet, and make sure the powder snorts smoothly and doesn't taste like cat litter.")

what's more, let's also post actual pictures of the illegal goods! that'll really show everyone what a quality publication we are!! ("At left, a $30 crack whore inspired by Paris Hilton.")

i emailed this article to coach, for what it counts.