How many people have the sealant cracking issue with their BeDiors?

Oh, thank you averagejoe, you give me hope [emoji4]
I hope it doesn't affect the other sizes too, I'm craving for small be dior [emoji38] and really want to get one.

Unfortunately, I just saw this today:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/CHRISTIAN-D...220269?hash=item3ab5dc5a2d:g:wDUAAOSwu-BWO~Q0

The sealant has cracked on this medium size as well.

Seems like that area is flexed and bent too much to avoid this problem. A solution from Dior should be to not form the sealant continuously around that point, but, instead, introduce a gap in the sealant there that can be hidden with some stitching.

Unfortunately, I just saw this today:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/CHRISTIAN-D...220269?hash=item3ab5dc5a2d:g:wDUAAOSwu-BWO~Q0

The sealant has cracked on this medium size as well.

Seems like that area is flexed and bent too much to avoid this problem. A solution from Dior should be to not form the sealant continuously around that point, but, instead, introduce a gap in the sealant there that can be hidden with some stitching.

I've seen small size one has cracks too on display:tdown:

OMG [emoji24]
Thanks so much averagejoe and smudleybear for sharing.

I will try to write to Dior to give them a feedback about this issue. Hopefully by getting more feedbacks from their customers about the flaw, they can correct the mistake soon for their future production.
It's so unfortunate that the beauty has a flaw [emoji22]

OMG [emoji24]
Thanks so much averagejoe and smudleybear for sharing.

I will try to write to Dior to give them a feedback about this issue. Hopefully by getting more feedbacks from their customers about the flaw, they can correct the mistake soon for their future production.
It's so unfortunate that the beauty has a flaw [emoji22]
To be honest, SAs would say they hardly have feedback because I'm sure if those flaws happened majority ladies don't live close enough to a Dior to pursue this matter.

To be honest, SAs would say they hardly have feedback because I'm sure if those flaws happened majority ladies don't live close enough to a Dior to pursue this matter.

Yeah, you're right.

I just wrote an email to them about this issue, purposely just want to bring their awareness but of course it's still up to them how they will react.

Hopefully, they will really do something about it [emoji120]🏻

Yeah, you're right.

I just wrote an email to them about this issue, purposely just want to bring their awareness but of course it's still up to them how they will react.

Hopefully, they will really do something about it [emoji120]🏻

Let us know what they say! It will be a shame if they don't try to alter the design slightly to fix this, because the Be Dior is such a beautiful bag.

Let us know what they say! It will be a shame if they don't try to alter the design slightly to fix this, because the Be Dior is such a beautiful bag.

Sure, I will keep everyone update.
I'm waiting for their reply.

I also feel that Be Dior is very beautiful bag and will be so unfortunate if the problem persist.

So i visited the boutique.
It was clear to me in person that the defect they confirmed is with the cut in the leather under the inner flap and they said it cant be repaired - so they could offer me an exchange based on this.
They did not say the cracked sealant is a defect.

As i was checking out another beDior in the same colour way i had brought back, the sealant was actually splitting above the pressure point we have seen so far. It was actually cracking above the corner along the edge where the flap curves over.

SAs were like, Dior will always reseal it but i wouldnt be happy with that workaround; the added bulk of additional sealant heaped over and over and since the lilac colour is seasonal, im sure the later applications cant be shade matched exactly (in fact, even brand new, you could see they already resealed and it was a different shade).

At that point, i resigned myself to just get another model - even though the beDior is the only model that really made me come back to Dior after a few years hiatus.

So i visited the boutique.
It was clear to me in person that the defect they confirmed is with the cut in the leather under the inner flap and they said it cant be repaired - so they could offer me an exchange based on this.
They did not say the cracked sealant is a defect.

As i was checking out another beDior in the same colour way i had brought back, the sealant was actually splitting above the pressure point we have seen so far. It was actually cracking above the corner along the edge where the flap curves over.

SAs were like, Dior will always reseal it but i wouldnt be happy with that workaround; the added bulk of additional sealant heaped over and over and since the lilac colour is seasonal, im sure the later applications cant be shade matched exactly (in fact, even brand new, you could see they already resealed and it was a different shade).

At that point, i resigned myself to just get another model - even though the beDior is the only model that really made me come back to Dior after a few years hiatus.

Wow this problem seems to be wide-spread with the Be Dior.

What bag did you get as a replacement?

After much umm-ing and ahh-ing, i ended up going with this..

i still have doubts because is quite 'busy' and girly - totally different to anything else i own/my usual style... but at the same time i was quite drawn to this one due to the colouring (wanted something pale blue/purple) and its quite pretty :hrmm: my eyes kept wandering back to it when i was checking out all the other available bags.

Attachments

• 20151109_011938-30.jpg
    20151109_011938-30.jpg
    147.7 KB · Views: 179

i still have doubts because is quite 'busy' and girly - totally different to anything else i own/my usual style... but at the same time i was quite drawn to this one due to the colouring (wanted something pale blue/purple) and its quite pretty :hrmm: my eyes kept wandering back to it when i was checking out all the other available bags.

Good choice [emoji7]

My heart melts when I see this lady. Just if I have enough money now to buy this, I also want to get this before it's gone.

Last year I fell in love with the floral printed medium lady dior deer skin but so unfortunate I did not have enough saving at that time and once I went to Dior store to buy, it was sold out everywhere [emoji24]

Maybe I should not in a rush to buy a Be Dior bag next year if Dior hasn't come up with any solution about the cracking problem and waiting for the new design from Dior as they always have very beautiful new designs every year.

It's STUNNING! You made a great choice.

I don't think it looks busy.

Its gorgeous! Enjoy!!

It's a work of art!

Congratulations!! Haha what a coincidence; I'd just told my best friend to get the exact same bag in London earlier today for me too! This bag looks even more stunning in real life I'd say! :biggrin: it's a complete work of art indeed and totally one of a kind! Quite different from the usual Dior aesthetic in my opinion :smile: