How many people have the sealant cracking issue with their BeDiors?

To be honest, SAs would say they hardly have feedback because I'm sure if those flaws happened majority ladies don't live close enough to a Dior to pursue this matter.

Let us know what they say! It will be a shame if they don't try to alter the design slightly to fix this, because the Be Dior is such a beautiful bag.

So i visited the boutique.
It was clear to me in person that the defect they confirmed is with the cut in the leather under the inner flap and they said it cant be repaired - so they could offer me an exchange based on this.
They did not say the cracked sealant is a defect.

As i was checking out another beDior in the same colour way i had brought back, the sealant was actually splitting above the pressure point we have seen so far. It was actually cracking above the corner along the edge where the flap curves over.

SAs were like, Dior will always reseal it but i wouldnt be happy with that workaround; the added bulk of additional sealant heaped over and over and since the lilac colour is seasonal, im sure the later applications cant be shade matched exactly (in fact, even brand new, you could see they already resealed and it was a different shade).

At that point, i resigned myself to just get another model - even though the beDior is the only model that really made me come back to Dior after a few years hiatus.

So after I wrote the email last saturday, I got a reply from Dior, below is what they are saying.

"Dear Ms..

We would like to thank you for your interest in Dior and appreciate your concern.

However, we've seen huge improvements of our bag and this improvements included with crack and reseal matter.

And as long as you follow a few simple guidelines, we are confident that there won't be a problem.

Please follow guidelines of care instructions which we have provided to all of our clients at the time of purchase.

Moreover, here are some advices:

Please take the time to give them the attention and be careful not to expose your bag to direct heat or sunlight for long, which may cause uneven fading to occur and avoids putting your bags on rough or sharp surfaces, as your bag can scratch easily. Since your bag needs to be treated on occasion, applies leather conditioner.

However, before applying the conditioner, thoroughly cleans the surface with a damp rag and uses microfiber cloth to put the conditioner and storing them in your shoe box and keeps them in a place that's cool, dark and dry.

I remain at your disposal at +852 800 969 886, Monday to Friday, from 10 AM to 7 PM. Otherwise, please do not hesitate to email me at [email protected].

We look forward to welcoming you again on our website www.dior.com and wishing you a wonderful day.

Yours sincerely,

Customer Relations - Christian Dior Couture"

Good choice [emoji7]

My heart melts when I see this lady. Just if I have enough money now to buy this, I also want to get this before it's gone.

Last year I fell in love with the floral printed medium lady dior deer skin but so unfortunate I did not have enough saving at that time and once I went to Dior store to buy, it was sold out everywhere [emoji24]

Maybe I should not in a rush to buy a Be Dior bag next year if Dior hasn't come up with any solution about the cracking problem and waiting for the new design from Dior as they always have very beautiful new designs every year.

It's STUNNING! You made a great choice.

I don't think it looks busy.

Its gorgeous! Enjoy!!

It's a work of art!

Congratulations!! Haha what a coincidence; I'd just told my best friend to get the exact same bag in London earlier today for me too! This bag looks even more stunning in real life I'd say! :biggrin: it's a complete work of art indeed and totally one of a kind! Quite different from the usual Dior aesthetic in my opinion :smile:

Thanks everyone :smile:
In the end it was a toss up between this and the Cruise 2016 Paradise Dior LD.

vhelya,
I was told each Sydney store got one each (only 2 stores) so i think there wouldn't be that many floating around so i would say strike while the iron is hot if you can!

So after I wrote the email last saturday, I got a reply from Dior, below is what they are saying.

"Dear Ms..

We would like to thank you for your interest in Dior and appreciate your concern.

However, we've seen huge improvements of our bag and this improvements included with crack and reseal matter.

And as long as you follow a few simple guidelines, we are confident that there won't be a problem.

Please follow guidelines of care instructions which we have provided to all of our clients at the time of purchase.

Moreover, here are some advices:

Please take the time to give them the attention and be careful not to expose your bag to direct heat or sunlight for long, which may cause uneven fading to occur and avoids putting your bags on rough or sharp surfaces, as your bag can scratch easily. Since your bag needs to be treated on occasion, applies leather conditioner.

However, before applying the conditioner, thoroughly cleans the surface with a damp rag and uses microfiber cloth to put the conditioner and storing them in your shoe box and keeps them in a place that's cool, dark and dry.

I remain at your disposal at +852 800 969 886, Monday to Friday, from 10 AM to 7 PM. Otherwise, please do not hesitate to email me at [email protected].

We look forward to welcoming you again on our website http://www.dior.com and wishing you a wonderful day.

Yours sincerely,

Customer Relations - Christian Dior Couture"

Unfortunately, that reply really does not address the sealant flaw concern...
its a bit disappointing but hopefully, they take it on board for future iterations of the bag.

Are they saying that they have repaired the problem for newer versions, or that they will just continue to reseal for their customers? :shrugs:

Thanks everyone :smile:
In the end it was a toss up between this and the Cruise 2016 Paradise Dior LD.

vhelya,
I was told each Sydney store got one each (only 2 stores) so i think there wouldn't be that many floating around so i would say strike while the iron is hot if you can!

OMG..
Sad [emoji24]..Now that I'm saving to buy Dior bag next year, I'm also currently not staying in the area where I can find Dior stores nearby. My husband was temporarily transferred overseas due to work and we will be back to Singapore next year only. Most likely it will be gone again before I come back.

My only hope is that Dior will come up again with new design which can melt my heart again next year [emoji20]

Unfortunately, that reply really does not address the sealant flaw concern...
its a bit disappointing but hopefully, they take it on board for future iterations of the bag.

Are they saying that they have repaired the problem for newer versions, or that they will just continue to reseal for their customers? :shrugs:

I have a feeling they are referring to all bags not the Bedior.

When I wrote an email to them, I actually didn't expect too much. From few experiences when I sent emails (to some other brands), their replies are also quite general in addressing certain issues.

The reply from Dior is also quite disappointing. I also feel that it didn't give me a clear answer on what I wrote to them (I also did write specifically "Be Dior" bag in my email) but maybe they just don't want to admit the flaws openly, furthermore by black and white as it may cause them a big problem if they do (probably if they admit then they should take back all current products back from the market in worst scenario). But this is only my assumption and there's still a possibility that they won't address the issue as we expect.

I just hope that the feedback was forwarded to the right person and they will really do something to improve and solve the problem on their next batches before more people keep complaining about the same issue.

OMG..
Sad [emoji24]..Now that I'm saving to buy Dior bag next year, I'm also currently not staying in the area where I can find Dior stores nearby. My husband was temporarily transferred overseas due to work and we will be back to Singapore next year only. Most likely it will be gone again before I come back.

My only hope is that Dior will come up again with new design which can melt my heart again next year [emoji20]

I was told by my SA that for this cherry blossom lady dior, there was only one piece released in Singapore and it's since then sold out. London Harrod's had 2 pieces available, I couldn't stop thinking about this bag so I told my friend to get it for me over there where she's on vacation!

I was told by my SA that for this cherry blossom lady dior, there was only one piece released in Singapore and it's since then sold out. London Harrod's had 2 pieces available, I couldn't stop thinking about this bag so I told my friend to get it for me over there where she's on vacation!

Sigh, it's totally no chance.
I do not have any friend who can help me buy in other countries as well..

So it's a really great choice for quackedup too to have this lady..I'm so envy to both of u [emoji22]

When I wrote an email to them, I actually didn't expect too much. From few experiences when I sent emails (to some other brands), their replies are also quite general in addressing certain issues.

The reply from Dior is also quite disappointing. I also feel that it didn't give me a clear answer on what I wrote to them (I also did write specifically "Be Dior" bag in my email) but maybe they just don't want to admit the flaws openly, furthermore by black and white as it may cause them a big problem if they do (probably if they admit then they should take back all current products back from the market in worst scenario). But this is only my assumption and there's still a possibility that they won't address the issue as we expect.

I just hope that the feedback was forwarded to the right person and they will really do something to improve and solve the problem on their next batches before more people keep complaining about the same issue.
This reply is definitely not from a person who has the highest authority. It's not that they don't want to admit it's a flaw, perhaps there is not that many or enough cases for Dior to really seriously look into the poor construction of the flap. We never know they might as well phase out the Bedior all together, since my SA told me it is a Raf Simons design.

This reply is definitely not from a person who has the highest authority. It's not that they don't want to admit it's a flaw, perhaps there is not that many or enough cases for Dior to really seriously look into the poor construction of the flap. We never know they might as well phase out the Bedior all together, since my SA told me it is a Raf Simons design.

Yeah, I also agree that they may not receive enough complaints about the flaw. Sad ☹
I still feel that it's a very beautiful bag though and whatever happened now I'm hoping that it won't be discontinued [emoji120]🏻

I don't think this bag is designed by Raf Simons. It is a design from the Dior handbag and accessories team. Raf Simons may have had influence on the design (i.e. it was designed with his collections in mind), and/or it as designed while he was the creative director, but I don't think he designed this bag.

As well, I think that this cracking sealant problem is just a design flaw that can only be discovered after production. The point where it cracks is subjected to a lot of stretching/flexing/creasing, which is why it cracks so easily. It is not because the flap is poorly constructed. Rather, it is that the design of the bag does not minimize the impact of wear and tear on that stress point.

OMG..

Have you checked out the gorgeous new Dior Dune bag? It has a similar style to the Be Dior, but without the problem of cracking at the base of the flap, and also it has a more attractive price point.

I don't think this bag is designed by Raf Simons. It is a design from the Dior handbag and accessories team. Raf Simons may have had influence on the design (i.e. it was designed with his collections in mind), and/or it as designed while he was the creative director, but I don't think he designed this bag.

As well, I think that this cracking sealant problem is just a design flaw that can only be discovered after production. The point where it cracks is subjected to a lot of stretching/flexing/creasing, which is why it cracks so easily. It is not because the flap is poorly constructed. Rather, it is that the design of the bag does not minimize the impact of wear and tear on that stress point.
It's such ashamed that my SA is not as informative as you. Why on earth she told me Raf Simons designed this bag? Well let's just hope Dior won't discontinued it. I have to admit, it is a beautiful bag and very easy to use with clean lines. Top handles bags are so ladylike.

It's such ashamed that my SA is not as informative as you. Why on earth she told me Raf Simons designed this bag? Well let's just hope Dior won't discontinued it. I have to admit, it is a beautiful bag and very easy to use with clean lines. Top handles bags are so ladylike.

Saying that Raf Simons designed it makes it seem like a star designer made the bag, which makes it seem a lot more exciting. Just like when John Galliano was at Dior, he didn't inform all of the bag designs. Most of the classics and variations of the Lady Dior (including the Soft Lady Dior) were not designed by him at all.