How I Met Your Mother

I got myself the first season on DVD for Christmas.

I have to say, I like all the episodes, but the ones I love in particular are:

Okay Awesome - Ted and Barney start checking out the club scene with their friend Robin, whereas Lily and Marshall try to participate in some more "grown-up" activities, as they draw slowly nearer to their wedding.

The Pineapple Incident - After being forced into knocking back 5 shots, so he will stop thinking, Ted goes on a partying rampage. The next morning he wakes up with a woman in his bed, but he does not know who it is. So he turns to his friends to try and piece the night together and work out who the woman is in his bed.

Game Night - A mysterious tape arrives for Barney from one of his numerous ex-girlfriends, and the entire gang watches it. But, in order for them all to find out how she broke Barney's heart and made him into a suit-wearing bachelor, everyone must share their most embarassing moment.

Older Ted: [about seeing Robin for the first time] It was like something out of an old movie. Where the sailor sees the girl across the crowded dance floor and turns to his buddy, and says, "See that girl? I'm gonna marry her someday."
Ted: Hey, Barney. See that girl?
Barney: Oh, yeah, you know she likes it dirty.

Barney: [Robin throws a drink in Ted's face] De -wait for it- Nied! Denied!

Robin: Sorry I missed your party again.
Ted Mosby: Hey, ain't no thing but a chicken wing, mamacita!
[to Marshall and Lily]
Ted Mosby: Who am I?

Barney: Now, Ted, you can either put the bags on the carrosol, or you can wait and listen to me give you a really long speech convincing you to put the bags on the carrosol.
[Ted doesn't move]
Barney: ...Ted, since the dawn of time, Man has struggled...
[Ted takes the bags and puts them on the carousel]

Ted: Barney!
Barney: Ted, get your coat, we're leaving.
Ted: What? What happened to that, uh..."cutlet" you were grinding with?
Barney: That was my cousin Leslie.
Ted: [laughing hysterically] WHAT?
Barney: No, NO!
[grabs Ted]
Barney: No. We are not laughing about this, Ted! This is not gonna be some funny story that we'll be telling in a couple of months, it's not going to be like, "Hey, heh, remember that time that you were GRINDING with - " NO. And do you know why? Because, italics: This night did *not* happen. And you promise me that you will never ever *ever* tell another living soul what transpired here tonight. You promise.
Ted: Aww ...
Barney: Promise!

Ellen Pierce: Congratulations! You've just taken your first step!
Barney: [faking demure and sensitive] Gosh! Thanks, Ellen! I sure hope this works. I'm *so* done with the single life. All the games, the meaningless sex!
Ellen Pierce: You deserve more!
Barney: That is so true, Ellen I really think I'm ready to stop being a *me* and start being a *we*. Hey, is there any way I can let it be known that I love cuddling?
Ellen Pierce: [endearingly] Of course, you can! That's so...
[lost for words]
Barney: Kinda hard to talk about it with Ted here but I just want someone who's not afraid to hold me at night
[gets his voice to break a little]
Barney: when the tears come... Ellen, can you help me find her?
Ellen Pierce: Get out!
Barney: What?
Ellen Pierce: I get 15 guys like you every week. Jerks who just want to meet vulnerable women, nail them and never call them again!
Barney: Oh, my God! People *do* that?
Ellen Pierce: You wanna do this the easy way or the hard way?
Barney: What's the hard way? Security roughs me up and tosses me out?
Ellen Pierce: No. That's the easy way. The hard way is that I slap the crap out of you myself
[Ellen is quite heavily set]
Barney: [starts for the door] Ted! Let's go!
Ellen Pierce: [to Ted] Not you! You stay. You're cute.
[looking at his application]
Ellen Pierce: Good career. And you didn't use an obvious alias on your application like your friend Jack Package!
Barney: [from the other side of the door] It's pronounced Pa-KAJ!

Robin: Wait, so you're not going home for Thanksgiving?
Ted: No, I have to work on Friday. You?
Robin: I'm Canadian, remember? We celebrate Thanksgiving in October.
Ted: Oh, right, I forgot, you guys are weird. You pronounce the word "out" "ouut."
Robin: You guys are the world leader in handgun violence, your healthcare system is bankrupt, and your country is deeply divided on almost every important issue.
Ted: ...Your cops are called "mounties."

Ted: [Barney tucks in drunk Ted] Barney, you've always taken care of me. You are a gentleman and a scholar! Go into my stable and take my finest stallion. He's yours. His name is Windjammer.

(Robin plays a message left for her by Ted)
Ted: (Drunk) Robin! Come hang out with me! Okay, okay, I'm gonna make this sound until you come hang out with me! (Ted bellows . . . . )
Robin: That went on for three and a half minutes.

Old Ted: It got so bad Barney tried to be his own wingman.
Clip from the bar
Barney: Have you met me?

Barney: Ted Vivian Mosby!
Ted: That's not my middle name..
Barney: You kiss your mother with that mouth?
Ted: Like you've never said that word?
Barney: I don't kiss your mother with my mouth, yet...

Barney: [Sick in bed] This is a low point for the Barnacle. I should be out playing laser tag, being awesome. Don't look at me, I'm hideous!
Robin: Aw, come on. You look like a regular guy.
Barney: Exactly. I'm a Ted. Look at me, I'm wearing elastic waistband fleece pants.
Robin: But they're comfy, right?
Barney: Yes.

I totally love this show. A friend of mine got me hooked on it at the beginning of season one. I was totally into Freddie the season before and How I Met Your Mother totally replaced it for me!

i have. although some of the episodes this season aren't as good, i still love this show. i love the dynamic between lily and marshall. it's just so over-the-top googly. barney is definitely my favorite character though. he's hilarious!

my best friend has ben a devout fan, so she got me into it, it is freakin hilarious though. I say one of the most under rated comedies on tv right now!! the one when they pretend there from out of state picking up nyc girls is hilarious. then the girls tell them there from jersey, so funny!!

I now think that somehow Robin and Barney will have some sort of relationship. Not necessarily marriage, because they both voiced their dislike of it. And not necessarily dating, either.

Ted: It's physics, Marshall, if the bottom bunk moves the top bunk moves too.

Taxi driver: Woah woah woah. Did you hit her?
Lily: [laughs] Hit me? Please! This guy can barely spank me in bed for fun. He's all like "Oh, honey, did that hurt?" and I'm all like, "C'mon, let me have it, ya pansy!" [aside, softer] Wow. Complete Stranger.

Future Ted: Son, a piece of advice, never use the words "smurf penis" on a first date.

Ted: You know it's so funny I ran into you. We're having a party next Friday if you'd like to swing by, but, you know, whatever.
Robin: Oh, I'm going back home next weekand. Too bad it's not tonight.
Ted: It is, it's tonight. This Friday. Did I say next Friday? Sorry, 'cause I've been saying next Friday all week. But yeah it's tonight; the party is tonight. But, you know, whatever.

Ted: The truth is: My friend, he does this thing where he goes to airports with fake luggage to pick up girls and we followed some here to Philadelphia. That's it, that's all this is!
Airport Security Guard: Nobody's that lame.
Ted: Yes, he's that lame. [to Barney] Tell him you're that lame.
Barney: We are international businessmen!

Barney: Now, for two more hundisticks, baby's gonna look in the camera and say this [whispers in Robin's ear].
Lily: Eww! [Barney and Robin look at her] I'm just assuming.
Lily: Why would Natalie hang up on you?
Ted: I don't know.
Barney: Did you sleep with her sister?
Ted: No.
Barney: Did you sleep with her mom?
Ted: No.
Barney: I'm losing interest in your story.

Hula girl: Wait a minute. You're that lame army guy.
Barney: What, no, no, that's some other guy. And he was a kick-ass fighter pilot.
Hula girl: I cannot believe I gave you my number.
Barney: Yeah, well you did, thanks.
Hula girl: Yeah, well give it back.
Barney: Well, uh, I don't think so. I earned it, fair and square. I'm calling you.
Hula girl: But I'm never gonna go out with you.
Barney: But how will you know it's me. I'm a master of disguise! Yeah.

Lily: Don't Ted-out about it.
Ted: Did you just use my name as a verb?
Barney: Oh, yeah, we do that behind your back. "Ted-out": to overthink. See also "Ted-up". "Ted-up": to overthink with disastrous consequences. For example, "Billy Tedded-up when he-"
Ted: All right, I get it!

Robin: Well, I believe that you saw something perfectly normal, but you've exaggerated it in your mind; you know, um, like the Loch Ness Monster.
Marshall: If by "like the Loch Ness Monster," you mean "totally exists and is awesome," then, yeah, it's like the Loch Ness Monster.

Doctor: All set. She says she'd like to see the knights of the poorly constructed round table?

Robin: [on the phone] Hey there, sexy.
Barney: Hello, Aunt Kathy, what's up?
Robin: Oh, nothing. Just thinking about you, hot stuff.
Barney: An accident? Well, is Uncle Rudy gonna be okay.
Robin: Aunt Kathy has an itch that only you can scratch, big boy.
Barney: Oh, God! Why did he think he could build his own helicopter?
Robin: C'mon daddy, break me off a piece of that white chocolate.
Barney: Well, if he needs a transplant, he can have mine!

Lily: On Monday I'm going to have to tell my kindergarten class, who I tell not to run with scissors, how my fiancee ran me through with a freakin' broadsword!
Marshall: Technically, it didn't go all the way through.
Lily: I'm sorry, were we having a discussion about the degree to which you stabbed me?

Robin: I am Canadian. Remember? We celebrate Thanksgiving in October.
Ted: Oh right I forgot. You guys are weird and you pronounce the word 'out', 'oot'.
Robin: You guys are the world's leader in hand gun violence; your health care system is bankrupt and your country is deeply divided on almost every important issue.
Ted: [pause] Your cops are called 'mounties'.