how does NM tax work? >>

If Saks doesn't charge you tax and there is a Saks in your state, they are not in compliance with the law. Unless they have different companies owning each store.

You can call any saks and ask them and they will tell you that tax relationship differ from state to state thus whenever I order from out of state and have bags shipped to me in CA, I get charges 0 tax. Weird, how online dosent work that way.

I just did this today. You can get away with not paying the tax if you buy from a store outside the state it's shipping but to do this with NM you need to have the bill to and ship to as 2 different locations. I gave my bill to and used my mothers ship to. Saved me $225

i just called the SA and told her that i'd like to have the tax waived, she said no, and didn't offer any other solutions, so i'm gonna send the bag back. seriously, with neiman, everytime i've called, all theSA's voluntarily waives the shipping and the taxes, so not sure why she's so inflexible, so she looses my business.

it's sooo complicated. you're saying that even though I have an NM here, I can order one from out of state, bill it to my house and ship it 2 blocks down and avoid taxes??? sounds good to me.

and what about international sales?
lets say I order a bag from any NM in the states, will they charge me the tax? plus the 40 dlls I think for the int shipping
My state of couse doesnt have NM or chanel boutique.