how does NM tax work? >>

Yes on the shipping charges, but we're talking sales tax ;), NM always charges me for the sales tax and Saks (out of state) does not, btw I have both stores here in So.Cal:smile:

Doh! I mistyped! I meant to type tax instead of shipping. When inquiring about purchasing items from Saks stores out of state, I am always told that, yes, I will be charged my state's sales tax since there are Saks stores in my state.

I'm from CA, and was thinking about ordering from Sak's out-of-state. I wanted to know which one carries CHANEL that could i order from and not get taxed?

NY Saks, thats the one I found mine. I didnt pay tax, I only paid $13.00 in shipping. I should get mine Friday. I saved over $200.00 in tax. I am also in CA.

Last edited:
All of you who haven't been charged tax are lucky!

From the Saks site:

Sales tax will be charged for purchases shipped to the following states: Alabama, Arizona, California, Colorado, Connecticut, Florida, Georgia, Illinois, Indiana, Louisiana, Maryland, Massachusetts, Michigan, Minnesota, Missouri, Nevada, New Jersey, New York, North Carolina, Ohio, Oklahoma, Pennsylvania, South Carolina, Texas, Virginia and Washington, D.C.

I noticed a lot of stores offered that in NY. American Girl Doll did it for us as well. As my husband put it "He took it in the shorts while in NY" but we saved him a lot in tax...LOL!

i live in ny...a NM SA in FL pointed out to me if its a "gift" theres no sales tax...same at Saks, Boca, FL...so if DH purchases a bag on his cc & it shipped to you there will be no tax...or if u ship to a friend nearby...just has to be a different name from person making the purchase...i have both stores in ny as well...have done this several times ... pm me for SA's if interested...

NY Saks, thats the one I found mine. I didnt pay tax, I only paid $13.00 in shipping. I should get mine Friday. I saved over $200.00 in tax. I am also in CA.
I ordered my new Mlle frame bag from Saks over the phone. I live in a state where tax should be collected, but they did not charge tax -- and the shipping was $30!! How did you get $13? Maybe mine was heavier?
--Judy

^How was it shipped? Mine went Fedex ground. so its taking a full week.
FedEx ground, too. I live four hours from NYC. It shouldn't have taken that long, but I thought $30 was excessive, but I did save all that tax.
BTW, the second bag from Nordstrom, which we did pay tax, went FedEx ground, cost $9 (but I get that back,) and stayed in the Baltimore facility from Friday til Tuesday. The bag wasn't scheduled to be delivered until then. That makes me mad, like the tax wasn't bad enough.
--Judy

Was it from Saks NY? that is strange...I'm in CA and its coming from NY.

I don't know where it came from. I ordered it from a personal shopper and he found it in "the system" and didn't even know the color I wanted existed. The label on the package said NY, but it came so fast that I didn't even get a tracking number to see from where it came. Also, they didn't send me the correct box. Grrrr.
--Judy

oh, well, than maybe that personal shopper just charged you more for some reason...I would try calling saks directly, they had things there I hadnt seen any where else and the SA's there are really good in locating what you need.

You still got a good deal, I would still rather pay $30 than 200-300 in taxes.

i live in ny...a NM SA in FL pointed out to me if its a "gift" theres no sales tax...same at Saks, Boca, FL...so if DH purchases a bag on his cc & it shipped to you there will be no tax...or if u ship to a friend nearby...just has to be a different name from person making the purchase...i have both stores in ny as well...have done this several times ... pm me for SA's if interested...

Did your DH go there in person and purchase it? Or was it over the phone? I want to go to SAK NY and purchase a bag and have it sent to my home so I don't pay tax. Do you think.. if I have it addressed to my mother (we live in the same house) that I won't have to pay it? TIA