how does NM tax work? >>

how does the tax return works in the neiman marcus stores in texas? Because as far as I know it is possible to get your taxes back if you are not a US citizen and came to the states as a tourist.
Do they give you the moneyback, credit your cc or send you a check?

I don't know if this is the same for Neimans, but I live in Michigan, where the tax is 6%.

And if I order from Cali (8.75% i think) or New York (7% I think), they don't charge me tax because my state has a lower tax.

And that was for Saks.

If you live where has NM then you still need to pay the tax and ship the package to you.

However, if you ask them to ship to a state without NM, you don't need to pay tax. But of course, you have to have someone to receive (sign) the package and ship it to you.

your best bet is BG

personally, i like seeing the ACTUAL bag before buying it. you know? so i'll def go to a place (nyc) where they have a huge selection of bags to look at it... and ship to nj. i'd say if willing to trust BG (which you obviously can) just purchase it over the phone and you'll save so much on tax!

Last edited:
If you live where has NM then you still need to pay the tax and ship the package to you.

However, if you ask them to ship to a state without NM, you don't need to pay tax. But of course, you have to have someone to receive (sign) the package and ship it to you.

Sounds like a lot of work and increase your risk of loss/damage from shipping. But maybe it's worth it the savings.

I live in CA and always pay tax from Neimans, but never have I paid tax from Saks, and I have both close by. When I want something from Saks, I call out-of-state and order it, then I don't pay tax. (My tax is 8.5%) It is a big savings on a Chanel bag.

I live in CA and always pay tax from Neimans, but never have I paid tax from Saks, and I have both close by. When I want something from Saks, I call out-of-state and order it, then I don't pay tax. (My tax is 8.5%) It is a big savings on a Chanel bag.
Same here. I saved close to $200 over the weekend by letting them ship it to me. The only drawback is I have to wait for my new Chanels.:hysteric: