How do your significant others feel about LV?

He appreciates that I am buying something of quality and a great designer but cant really swallow the cost per bag......he keeps reminding me what the equivelent can get us.....

But its no use and he knows it well now...:P

It's growing on him. He immediately recognized the mono line, but thought my (damier) Saleya PM was a "fendi." Now he knows. He even talks about $$ equivalent with purses...such as 'man, for the price of that <xx> you could buy a couple purses!' Love it!!

Mine has given up all together with trying to understand my need for the next newest must-have purse! haha

He does get annoyed if I come home with something similar too what I've already got. He rationalizes it by thinking that I don't have a purse in that shape (handheld, should bag, messenger etc) so he doesn't get too irritated. Plus I buy a good majority of them on my own! I told him about the new vernis color over bubbletea tonite and he just rolled his eyes and asked what the damage would be. haha

He isn't really impressed by anything fashion related but he likes LV. He knows me so well that when I bought a Chloe paddington he predicted that it will end up in the closet after I use 2 or 3 times. He was right! But the best part is when he proposed, he actually said (among other things of course...) that he wants to buy my LV from now and then.....We laughed a lot and I told him to put that in our vows if he dares...

He isn't really impressed by anything fashion related but he likes LV. He knows me so well that when I bought a Chloe paddington he predicted that it will end up in the closet after I use 2 or 3 times. He was right! But the best part is when he proposed, he actually said (among other things of course...) that he wants to buy my LV from now and then.....We laughed a lot and I told him to put that in our vows if he dares...

Wow!!! I may sound nuts but that is the most romatic thing I have ever heard in my life!!!!!!!!!!!!

My fiancee is just as into designer clothes and accessories as me!

He only has a problem when I use a bag a couple of times, then it goes to the back of my closet and it never gets used again!

He knows my shopping habit makes me happy, and he also knows that I always buy him something when i'm out shopping so he benefits!

Wow!!! I may sound nuts but that is the most romatic thing I have ever heard in my life!!!!!!!!!!!!

:shame: well,the whole theme of the proposal was that he wants to be the kind of husband that will fulfill my dreams and respect my wishes. That included LV and it was so romantic and funny that I ended up saying "I do" laughing and crying at the same time!:love:

He really doesn´t like the money I spend, but he doesn´t get too angry since I never spend above my limit and he likes anything that makes me happy.

At first my boyfriend didn't understand why I'd spend so much money on a purse. But after awhile, he didn't seem to mind, especially since I've bought all my bags with my own money. It's kind of funny that I've "educated" him so much about bags these past few years, that he actually notices what kind of purses other woman are carrying whenever we're out.

He didn't used to be so keen on it but after years of nagging and spending I've converted him so much that he got a man's messenger bag at Christmas.:wlae:
He's a real "one of the guys" type of bloke who I never thought I would see with an LV in a million years.
Surprisingly enough he doesn't like me to get other designer brands, just says it is better to stick with LV.:rolleyes:

He's not impress but understood that it's my hobby. He caught me once playing with them and my shoes (of course) and also saw photos that I've taken (the entire outfit: clothes, shoes & bags!). HOw embarressing!

My husband knows me well after 11 years of marriage and sort of gets a kick out of my handbag obsession. He has also really been educated and knows a good bag from a bad one! He would rather me spend money on a designer/ well made bag then a crappy one. (Fine by me!) He says it makes more sense to buy 2-3 expensive LV's a year then to buy 12 crappy cheap bags. Gotta love him! As for me coming to this forum, he really doesn't get that we sit here and read and write about bags. I can't explain this part to him.....it's something you either get or you don't.

I am so glad mine is obsessed about bags as me, actually b4 I was with him, I was not addicted, but he promoted it and is laways happy when we walk into LV or Gucci. And sometimes he thinks Im his Barbie doll, so that he can play dress Barbie up. I know, some of u might ask if he is gay but alot of my friends asked me that b4 i was with him already. So I guess Im lucky there...:tender: :party:

My husband knows me well after 11 years of marriage and sort of gets a kick out of my handbag obsession. He has also really been educated and knows a good bag from a bad one! He would rather me spend money on a designer/ well made bag then a crappy one. (Fine by me!) He says it makes more sense to buy 2-3 expensive LV's a year then to buy 12 crappy cheap bags. Gotta love him! As for me coming to this forum, he really doesn't get that we sit here and read and write about bags. I can't explain this part to him.....it's something you either get or you don't.

Same as my fiance, he don't understand how i could stay up til 4am, spend 9 hrs being on this forum.

Thankfully my husband and I keep our finances separate. We split joint expenses 50-50 and the rest of our money is our own. So he has absolutely nothing to say about the financial side of it.

Does he like them? Meh, I don't really know or care. I don't think he really "gets" the whole thing, but he understands that it's something I love, and that's enough. :smile: