How can I make my calves smaller?

For those of you who are still wavering between wanting to do this surgery or not, I just saw some pictures of Vanessa Hudgens, who apparently has huge calve muscles as well and she rocks them! I found an article that said she was really proud of them too.

That gives me some hope that one day I'll be able to accept mine as well without surgery.

I would hardly classify vanessa hudgens in the big calves category lol.

Reactions: chococatx
Hi everyone and Happy Father's Day!

Thank you so much Jackkki for your informative post. I really appreciated it. You are a strong woman and although you're having a less than perfect recovery, your messages give me strength. Stay optimistic, I hope you are doing better these days.

Anoukmarie- I would love to meet with you while in Korea and share experiences. I'm a believer that one can never have too much support. I'm still ubnable to PM but you can always email me at [email protected]. I look forward to hearing from you. So have you made a final decision on when you will be traveling? July 16th?

Yllom- so great to see you active on the forum again. How is your recovery been? You had the procedure last March? Can you walk normally again? Do you have a limp, did you limp a lot post-op? Any regrets? Are you happy/ satisfied with your results? Do you think I could email you privately? Curious also if you have any before and after pictures to share? It's been about three months since your surgery, do you feel back to normal these days? How's the scar? Has it faded some? Dr. Park mentioned the scar should usually begin fading at the three-months mark. Are you finding this true for yourself?

I have an update. I've been emailing with Dr. Park and it looks as if I'll be in Korea the last part of July and part of August. Honestly I'm a bit scared, but I've been back and forth so many times about the procedure; I'm just ready to make the commitment. He did a virtual simulation for me. I'm aware the reality after the procedure may not look like the simulation- but the "after" picture excited me and I'm hopeful. Alright all, hope to hear from ya soon and take cares!

Hi everyone and Happy Father's Day!

Thank you so much Jackkki for your informative post. I really appreciated it. You are a strong woman and although you're having a less than perfect recovery, your messages give me strength. Stay optimistic, I hope you are doing better these days.

Anoukmarie- I would love to meet with you while in Korea and share experiences. I'm a believer that one can never have too much support. I'm still ubnable to PM but you can always email me at [email protected]. I look forward to hearing from you. So have you made a final decision on when you will be traveling? July 16th?

Yllom- so great to see you active on the forum again. How is your recovery been? You had the procedure last March? Can you walk normally again? Do you have a limp, did you limp a lot post-op? Any regrets? Are you happy/ satisfied with your results? Do you think I could email you privately? Curious also if you have any before and after pictures to share? It's been about three months since your surgery, do you feel back to normal these days? How's the scar? Has it faded some? Dr. Park mentioned the scar should usually begin fading at the three-months mark. Are you finding this true for yourself?

I have an update. I've been emailing with Dr. Park and it looks as if I'll be in Korea the last part of July and part of August. Honestly I'm a bit scared, but I've been back and forth so many times about the procedure; I'm just ready to make the commitment. He did a virtual simulation for me. I'm aware the reality after the procedure may not look like the simulation- but the "after" picture excited me and I'm hopeful. Alright all, hope to hear from ya soon and take cares!

Hi Sunflower, nice to hear from you and also would be thankful to meet you in Korea! I'm waiting for my blood test and after that, when Dr.Park says erverything is alright i will book my flight and hotel. I think it would be the End of July! How long would you stay there and where did you live then? I want to stay in young dong hotel for about 10 days or more. Would love to hear from u!

I also have a virtual result from Dr.Park and l love it very much , but i alsomknow that it is just a virtual result ! But for my opinion when in saw all these after pics from other girls who went to Dr.Park that there is a big difference in shape and it is possible that we could lost 5 cm , 2,5 inches for one leg ! And i think that would be a wonderful result!! :graucho:

From where do you travel to Korea?

Greetings Anouk Marie

Hey Anouk Marie,
I think I'll be in Korea in late July and part of August. I'm traveling from the United States. I'll also be staying at Yong Dong hotel too so I'm sure we will definitely see each other. I hope I will be able to PM you soon. Did you have to mail Dr. Park all your information before you could set a surgery date?

it is now 5 weeks post op and i can walk now without a limp. However, I still cannot walk fast or tiptoe. I am starting wearing the compression stockings but cannot wear them 24/7 bc they are so tight and uncomfortable. They are especially behind the knee when sitting. At night I just wear the bandages. The compression stocking really help getting rid of the swelling. My feet and ankles no longer look like ballons. Finally I can the bones again. HOwever, I noticed if I walk wearing just the bandages, my tendons and ankles would swell starting below the bandages. The size of my calves ranges from 32.5-34 cm. original 40cm. goal 33cm. Feels like such a long recovery but calves look so much better. I do still have pain on my heels when walking or standing for a while. I hope it will go away soon.

Other people who have recently had the surgery, how have your recoveries' been?

Hey Anouk Marie,
I think I'll be in Korea in late July and part of August. I'm traveling from the United States. I'll also be staying at Yong Dong hotel too so I'm sure we will definitely see each other. I hope I will be able to PM you soon. Did you have to mail Dr. Park all your information before you could set a surgery date?

Yes i have E Mail Dr. park all my informations blood test and so on Before!

So my date has changed to august this year! Did you booked your flight now or you also not that sure wich date you are there?!

I will fly in august now because we are on vacation in july

Regards

Yes i have E Mail Dr. park all my informations blood test and so on Before!

So my date has changed to august this year! Did you booked your flight now or you also not that sure wich date you are there?!

I will fly in august now because we are on vacation in july

Regards

Hi Anouk Marie,
No, I haven't yet set an exact date. I haven't had the chance to get my blood tests done yet either. I heard you can also get blood work done at Dr. Park's clinic and have the surgery the next day as long as the tests are good. I know it's wiser to take care of all that before even making travel plans so I hope to do this very soon.
I am still hoping to be there in late July and August. I will update you as soon as I get more definite dates. Thanks for your updates and I hope I will be able to meet you there. I should be able to PM soon so I'll contact and update you that way. Talk to you soon.

Hi Jackkki,
Thank you for your update. I was so happy to hear that your recovery is going better. I'm still sorry to hear about the pain in your heels. Have you contacted Dr. Park? Did he have an opinion? I think patience is key with recovery. It's only been five weeks so hopefully this will subside as well with some more time. As I am planning for my procedure, do you have any advice? If you could do it all again, would you? I know it still may be too early to tell but just wanted to know if in general you are satisfied with the results? I was reading some of your older posts, and you seemed very enthusiastic prior to the surgery so I was just curious whether your expectations were met. I'm excited and scared. Every person's anatomy is unique so I realize the process, pain level, results, and recovery will vary.
I thought you mentioned that your job requires you to stand long hours daily. Do you think this is why your recovery is taking a bit longer? How are the aspirations going? I'm not sure but I thought you may have mentioned that you had some trouble with that? Did you have to aspirate yourself because you left Korea early?
I hope to hear from you soon and my prayers ate with you for a speedy recovery.

Hi Jackkki,
Thank you for your update. I was so happy to hear that your recovery is going better. I'm still sorry to hear about the pain in your heels. Have you contacted Dr. Park? Did he have an opinion? I think patience is key with recovery. It's only been five weeks so hopefully this will subside as well with some more time. As I am planning for my procedure, do you have any advice? If you could do it all again, would you? I know it still may be too early to tell but just wanted to know if in general you are satisfied with the results? I was reading some of your older posts, and you seemed very enthusiastic prior to the surgery so I was just curious whether your expectations were met. I'm excited and scared. Every person's anatomy is unique so I realize the process, pain level, results, and recovery will vary.
I thought you mentioned that your job requires you to stand long hours daily. Do you think this is why your recovery is taking a bit longer? How are the aspirations going? I'm not sure but I thought you may have mentioned that you had some trouble with that? Did you have to aspirate yourself because you left Korea early?
I hope to hear from you soon and my prayers ate with you for a speedy recovery.

I have been on modified duty at work and just have been sitting down mostly for work. I worked only one regular day on postop week three standing up and it was difficult because I was limping. So therefore I asked to go on modified duty. Therefore that is not the reason my recovery is so long. It is long probably because they took so much muscles out. I have listed my advice on my previous posts. I know someone else said if you don't stay for at least two weeks then you will have to aspirate at home. That is not entirely true because apiration depends on how much fluid you have. Dr park said that you have to keep aspirating until there is hardly any more blood/fluid coming out of the syringe. Therefore even if you stay for two weeks there could still be a lot of blood that is coming out in the syringe and so you will have to do it at home. Dr park said it can take up to post-op week 6. He aspirated my legs three times before I left and by the last one I still had a lot of fluid. I had some trouble and emailed dr park but he just kept saying to try the following week and finally he said to stop when I kept telling him hardly anything is coming out.
My legs look completely different and of course looks better than what I had so with that I am happy

I hope in the forum who as gone through the surgery will continue to update every so often. It seems like people are only posting before surgery and the first two weeks post op to ask questions from post op people, and then when they have problems or are not satisfied.