How can I make my calves smaller?

does anyone who have had the surgery have a bulge on the INNER LOWER side of the calf? I'm post op 3 weeks and still have the bulge. therefore the inner part of my legs is not straight. makes my legs look lopsided because the upper is caved in (which is the empty where the muscle was removed) and the lower is bulging. I'm not sure if the bulge is the gastro muscle or the swollen tendon. I forgot to ask dr park what it is. WILL it get smaller?

Actually, my legs have only gone down by about a centimeter in each leg, but even with this little gone, I can already see a difference, and you've no idea how much of a difference such a small amount can make! I'm absolutely thrilled!! And I feel comfortable looking in the mirror now haha.

I just stay inside all day and stretch and rest/elevate my legs. I rest for 20 minutes, then get up and stretch/walk around the room for about 10 minutes, then rest for 20 minutes, etc... And I repeat this all day until around the 8th or 9th day, and then I start taking about 30 minute walks outside and stopping by restaurants with my mom for lunch or snacks, but then I come back "home" and continue resting and stretching. It's not that hot right now to be honest, but I'm from Texas so I can't really promise much; it's always hot there lol. So it's nice to be inside with A/C and all.

Whenever I do go out, I wear long dresses so that my legs are covered up pretty nicely. Long dresses are nice to wear anyway, with the breeze and all~ I feel like I'm not wearing anything at all lol.

I did take Sinnech because that's what Dr. Park says you do need; it supposedly aids in the reduction of pain, swelling, and bruising. So do purchase that before you even leave the States or wherever you're from, because it is more expensive to buy in Korea. You will need it.

I'm sure you can combine it with another operation. Depending on what other type you'd like to get, I'd imagine that the calf surgery will be the worst of the two lol. But at 14 days now, I look back and am glad it's over. The pain is tolerable.

For me, my circumference was due largely to muscle; I didn't have much fat at all, so he didn't recommend liposuction as well. He says a layer of fat is nice, because if you have no fat, then your legs will look too muscular.

does anyone who have had the surgery have a bulge on the INNER LOWER side of the calf? I'm post op 3 weeks and still have the bulge. therefore the inner part of my legs is not straight. makes my legs look lopsided because the upper is caved in (which is the empty where the muscle was removed) and the lower is bulging. I'm not sure if the bulge is the gastro muscle or the swollen tendon. I forgot to ask dr park what it is. WILL it get smaller?

Yea I do at 14 days. I just saw Dr. Park today, but he didn't say anything about my bulge. Also, when they removed the fluid on my right calf, there was like a huge gap in my calf, almost as if someone punched my leg and left their imprint on my leg. Definitely something is missing from my leg lol.
But I believe it is normal, and it will take a few months until you see the full results. If you are having doubts about your bulge, e-mail him through his website and send pictures as well if it is really disconcerting.

FYI, at 14 days, Dr. Park says I can walk 2 hours at a time now. My legs get tired very fast though, and oftentimes it hurts to sit in any hard chair, as my hamstrings are now sore as well. But it's so nice to walk around again finally, and know that my legs aren't as heavy and bulky as they used to be!

Thanks for your reply, gsykes.
I'm so jealous of you! I wish I could fast forward through the entire process to where you are now.
How much longer are you planning to stay in Korea? I'll be in Seoul in July. It'll be cool if we could meet up then!

Thanks for your reply, gsykes.
I'm so jealous of you! I wish I could fast forward through the entire process to where you are now.
How much longer are you planning to stay in Korea? I'll be in Seoul in July. It'll be cool if we could meet up then!
That would be great! However, unfortunately, I'll be leaving on June 25... At least I'm here for Wonder Girls' comeback :smile: Not sure if anyone knows them or even cares lol
I will hope for the best outcome in your situation! There may be pain, but once it's over, you'll probably feel like you could do it all over again!

That would be great! However, unfortunately, I'll be leaving on June 25... At least I'm here for Wonder Girls' comeback :smile: Not sure if anyone knows them or even cares lol
I will hope for the best outcome in your situation! There may be pain, but once it's over, you'll probably feel like you could do it all over again!

Thanks gsykes! I hope you're recovering nicely :smile: Please keep us updated on your progress. I can't wait until I go to Korea this summer and go through it myself!

i'm 26th day post op and my recovery has been so slow since dr park removed a lot of muscle,7-8cm (pre op 40cm; post 32-33.5cm). However, the swelling on my feet has went down and no longer looks like a ballon. From post op day 18-22, my feet were so swollen that none of my sneakers fit. NOt even the loose ones. The only shoes that would fit me were my uggs and even uggs felt snug. Nevertheless, my ankles are still swollen especially after walking. They look like cankles. To give you an idea, pre op my ankles were 21 cm. now they are 25 cm from the swelling. Today was my first day at work. I took an extra week off more because I wasn't walking well. The back of my knees do not feel faint anymore when walking but I do still have a noticeable limp. My job consist of standing on my feet for 8 hrs and boy was hard today. And everyone kept asking me why I was limping. The thing that is painful are my heels. I guess so much weight on it. I am wearing a thick gel insert for my heels but after 2 hrs, they stop working. I use to be a toe walker and runner and now I can't even tip toe. I really walk heel to toe now. I hope by walking more, it will accelerate my recovery.

Hi jackkki, you said you had a bulge in your lower leg and a depression in the place where they removed the muscle. Now that you've been recovering for some time is this starting to even out? Wish you a speedy recovery!

Gsykes, how is your recovery coming along?

Would anyone be willing to post or email their before and after pictures? My email is [email protected]. Thank you for all your detailed posts. They're super helpful to someone like me who is still in the decision process. I'm 5'2 and thin but I have these giant calf muscles that measure 39 cm around that make it impossible for me to wear many things, and I really hate it. So I'm really happy to have found this site with so many brave ladies who have already had the surgery. But I'm still worried that the results might not be the same in reality as they are in my mind. I want to ask all the girls here who have already been through the surgery: would you do it again?

Thanks!

Hi jackkki, you said you had a bulge in your lower leg and a depression in the place where they removed the muscle. Now that you've been recovering for some time is this starting to even out? Wish you a speedy recovery!

Gsykes, how is your recovery coming along?

Would anyone be willing to post or email their before and after pictures? My email is [email protected]. Thank you for all your detailed posts. They're super helpful to someone like me who is still in the decision process. I'm 5'2 and thin but I have these giant calf muscles that measure 39 cm around that make it impossible for me to wear many things, and I really hate it. So I'm really happy to have found this site with so many brave ladies who have already had the surgery. But I'm still worried that the results might not be the same in reality as they are in my mind. I want to ask all the girls here who have already been through the surgery: would you do it again?

Thanks!

I am 5'1 and my calves were 40cm and now 32.-33.5cm. dr park said the bulging in the lower side is the tendon which swollen and will become go down over several months. the upper is depressed and will fill out over time. therefore I do have the bulge and depression still. it changes in size though depending how much i've been walking, elevating, and aspirating. Even though results may not be perfect, my small calves look a lot better than 40cm. I guess also depends on what your goal cm is. if goal is only to remove 1 or 2 cm, i don't think its worth it. in terms of whether I would do it again, I would have to get back to you in a couple weeks because I am having a tough recovery compared to everyone else. don't get me wrong I am happy of how my calves look now compared to before but walking is important to me and it has been a challenge for me the last 3.5 weeks.

Last edited:
Reactions: amici1992
@oh laa: hi i'm new to this forum but read all threw and wanted to ask when did you go to korea for surgery because i also plan to do calf reduction surgery at OZ with Dr.Park ! In wich hotel do you prefer to stay and from where do you arrive?

I plan my trip in mid of July...

Regards

@oh laa: hi i'm new to this forum but read all threw and wanted to ask when did you go to korea for surgery because i also plan to do calf reduction surgery at OZ with Dr.Park ! In wich hotel do you prefer to stay and from where do you arrive?

I plan my trip in mid of July...

Regards

Hi,
I'll be in Korea from early July to possibly August. I'm not sure if I'm going to be staying at a hotel. I have family in Seoul that I can stay with...but depending on how convenient it is to go back and forth for check-ups, I might stay at a hotel for the first phase of recovery.
I'm from the States. Where are you traveling from and how long are you planning to stay?

I am 5'1 and my calves were 40cm and now 32.-33.5cm. dr park said the bulging in the lower side is the tendon which swollen and will become go down over several months. the upper is depressed and will fill out over time. therefore I do have the bulge and depression still. it changes in size though depending how much i've been walking, elevating, and aspirating. Even though results may not be perfect, my small calves look a lot better than 40cm. I guess also depends on what your goal cm is. if goal is only to remove 1 or 2 cm, i don't think its worth it. in terms of whether I would do it again, I would have to get back to you in a couple weeks because I am having a tough recovery compared to everyone else. don't get me wrong I am happy of how my calves look now compared to before but walking is important to me and it has been a challenge for me the last 3.5 weeks.

If it makes you feel any better, in this forum at least, girls who have a harder time recovering have a history of getting amazing results!
What are some difficulties you have when walking? Is it fatigue or actual pain? It's something that I'll definitely have to consider as well, as my day to day requires a lot of walking.
I hope you feel better soon!