Holt Renfrew Private Shopping Night?

Status
Not open for further replies.
good for you! that's great!

by the way, if anyone's interested, yorkdale holts still had a nimbus in stock.

Which size and colour was it??

Darn...I wonder if you got one if they call you the day of or everyone who got one already got a call?? I'm listed at the Bloor store, never thought of waitlisting at the Yorkdale Holts store...but that was because SOME REP FROM 866 TOLD ME that the Nimbus PM was for LARGER STORES ONLY and Yorkdale Holts is definitely not much larger than Calgary Holts!! So hopefully I will receive a call tomorrow...hmm...maybe from Banff!

AHA! A reply from vuitton.com! Took them two whole days to reply so I'm guessing it took them a fair bit of research to find the answer (or they were just loaded with emails)

"Dear Ms. XXX,

We would like to thank you for your visit on our web site and your interest in Louis Vuitton.

Please note that show items are distributed to all stores based on the number of reservations each individual store has. If you are interested in adding your name to the reservation list for the fall Nimbus bag, please contact your local store.

In regards to your second inquiry, the Nimbus GM is priced at $2,740.00 CDN, and the Nimbus PM is priced at $2,030.00 CDN. Please note that both item will be available in colors anthracite and perle. Please note that with all show items, availability is limited."

YEAH!!! $60 down from the original $2090 lookbook price for the PM!!

About the distribution...well...I've been the sole waiting list place holder at the Calgary store for awhile...and not sure if they added more people on the list since they never got the fall lookbook. And I didn't add my name to the Banff list until like last week so when they checked how many people on the list there must've been no one...

Darn it...maybe Calgary and Banff won't get it after all...think they'll send me the perle PM in Calgary although I was the only one on the list?

Which size and colour was it??

Darn...I wonder if you got one if they call you the day of or everyone who got one already got a call?? I'm listed at the Bloor store, never thought of waitlisting at the Yorkdale Holts store...but that was because SOME REP FROM 866 TOLD ME that the Nimbus PM was for LARGER STORES ONLY and Yorkdale Holts is definitely not much larger than Calgary Holts!! So hopefully I will receive a call tomorrow...hmm...maybe from Banff!

hi karman,
i think it was the gm size, but it's not the new colors that i'm reading on this board, i believe it was the initial release in the "beigie" color. and did you know yorkdale lv boutique got a big reno, not sure how big calgary is, but it definitely has grown from their original 2 counters. it looks to me like they've got everything bloor has except servcie is waaaaaaaaaay better

Ohhhh okay I got so obsessed with the word "NIMBUS" that I thought it was the new ones!! Phew! Glad I checked here before calling them right when they open!

Didn't know that they got renovated, but I think Calgary Holts LV is also going to get renovated too!!! I think they may be moving onto a different level and they'll have an area to themselves with sunnies and shoes--I can't wait!!

As for "large" though, the SA specifically said probably Bloor only...darn it!! So maybe it is true!! ARGH!!

Are you going, Arnott? I'm debating but there's nothing I really want right now that will add up to at least $750. I don't think they have any black neo cabbies readily available at the moment and I am not yet ready to get one! Ha ha. I also hate crowds, I am afraid it will be hectic.

Are you going, Arnott? I'm debating but there's nothing I really want right now that will add up to at least $750. I don't think they have any black neo cabbies readily available at the moment and I am not yet ready to get one! Ha ha. I also hate crowds, I am afraid it will be hectic.

there're actually quite a few around. i know yorkdale has the mm readily available for sure, when i called louis vuitton and asked her about the avaiability of the cabby in both sizes in canada, she said there was more in the gm size across canada overall than the mm, at yorkdale there're about 5 mm as of this morning

If I pick it up the day after, will they have my gift card ready with my order, or do I still have to go to customer service to get it? :weird:

I was actually planning on going the night of to pick up my purchase since they're going to ring my order through in the afternoon, wonder if I go at that time, I will have to get the GC myself in customer service (because that would be CRAZY BUSY!) and I don't really want to do that since I"m getting my wisdom teeth taken out the day before and I don't want to stay in public for too long in case blood starts gushing out of my mouth...:sweatdrop:

I pick up my items and the GC at Customer Service :yes:

I called my SA 'Lina' at the Bloor Holts Friday evening and she told me that they weren't going to start taking people's orders until Saturday but then went ahead and took my list anyway. She also said that I wouldn't have to bother coming in on the 5th as they could just charge my card and I could drop in another day for pick-up or they'd be happy to ship to me. GC would be waiting for me too. Yea, no line-ups or caos! lol!
I was quite surprised at how accomodating they were.

i think lina is the manager there, but overall based on my experiences yorkdale's service is far better. i called on wednesday asking them to put the neo cabby gm on hold for me, the SA was alilttle hesitat at first becuase it's the last one but she agreed to put it on hold for me to come in on the weekend to take a look at, and when i went in on friday she spent so much time with me, even showing me the trevi (although it was due to be released the next day) and also let me try on this denim patch bag that was on hold for some one else, i've always had good experiences at yorkdale but she was really exceptional. i would definitely continue to go back to her.

i'm glad you got what you wanted, can't wait to see what you got.

Karman: I was in Calgary HR last weekend and LV was tiny it only had one counter. I can see why you might have trouble looking for the bag you wanted but don't worry I'll keep my eyes peeled for you :search:

Karman: I was in Calgary HR last weekend and LV was tiny it only had one counter. I can see why you might have trouble looking for the bag you wanted but don't worry I'll keep my eyes peeled for you :search:

Thanks javaboo! But I already put in my PSN order and am no longer getting the Nimbus...they did get the Nimbuses in today and I'm going to see them tomorrow although I'm 95% sure I won't get one because Garth (store manager) said it IS really small.

The counter is tiny indeed...but they are expanding soon!! And I love everyone who works there!

Oh and the event will be all day - although the food starts at night.

It's quite good, almost like a discount on Vuitton, possibly the only time you could get one !

Status
Not open for further replies.