Hermes Watch

Thanks Shoe! This one is the classic Kelly watch.

This one I think they call it the Kelly Double-tour(sp). I had wanted to get this with a Barenia strap, but my wrist is too small for this style :sad: It ended up as a Kelly "triple"-tour for me...:lol:

Barenia strap for the Kelly watch only come in double-tour...no single like the one above :hrmm:

Gigi, so you have tried on the double strap? That's what I was wondering about sizing as I have a small wrist also! Darn! Do you know how the kelly fits? I was also thinking the double strap with the hanging face might be too much weight and pull on the strap (i.e. it might bother me!) - so the single strap one might work best - I'm really loving these!

shoes319 said:
Gigi, so you have tried on the double strap? That's what I was wondering about sizing as I have a small wrist also! Darn! Do you know how the kelly fits? I was also thinking the double strap with the hanging face might be too much weight and pull on the strap (i.e. it might bother me!) - so the single strap one might work best - I'm really loving these!
Yes, I tried on the double strap & since my wrist is too small, I had to coil it one more round, which ended up as a triple on me.

I think the single strap Kelly would fit me better though...but it would break my heart to have the Kelly watch swinging around the strap & get scratches all over :worried: which was why I bought the Kelly clochette model.

If I ever buy a Kelly watch strap, I will probably need the SA to punch an extra hole after the smallest size hole of the strap. I needed this on my H-our watch ( arrrgggh, my wrist is too small )

Reactions: addicted
This is a wonderful thread! I've been thinking about getting an Hermes watch for a while now - I've been interested in the Cape Cod, Kelly, and Medor lines. Nice to read everyone's opinions.

Just noticed this thread.

Equivalents of a Birkin or Kelly in the watch world include old exclusive Swiss mechanical watch manufacturers like Patek Philippe and Jaeger LeCoultre.

In my opinion the most beautiful woman's watch is the Jaeger LeCoultre Ladies Reverso -- an art deco watch masterpiece. It comes in a variety of case metals, straps colors, and diamond layouts. The Duetto model has a formal and everday side. Would be great paired with a Kelly!

The attached images are from a post by SteveG on timezone.com and FifthAvenueWatches on Ebay.

Attachments

• JLgreenstrapDimond1b.jpg
    JLgreenstrapDimond1b.jpg
    92.6 KB · Views: 323
  • mgJLC.JPG
    mgJLC.JPG
    83.5 KB · Views: 318
speedykoala said:
Just noticed this thread.

Equivalents of a Birkin or Kelly in the watch world include old exclusive Swiss mechanical watch manufacturers like Patek Philippe and Jaeger LeCoultre.

In my opinion the most beautiful woman's watch is the Jaeger LeCoultre Ladies Reverso -- an art deco watch masterpiece. It comes in a variety of case metals, straps colors, and diamond layouts. The Duetto model has a formal and everday side. Would be great paired with a Kelly!

The attached images are from a post by SteveG on timezone.com and FifthAvenueWatches on Ebay.

You do have really impeccable taste I might say.

I love to go read on timezone...the members have so much knowledge!!! I thought everyone here was good, but they are something else.

I need some help. I have asked DH for an Hermes watch for my 40th (next year). I spotted the one I want in Kuala Lumpur airport. It's the "H" watch but diamond-encrusted (palladium). It also has a little diamond for each number. Has anyone seen it?

I think it comes in a small & medium size. I like the bigger version (of course!) but I have no idea what band to get. I want to get a lot of wear out of it, not just use it for special occasions. I think I saw one with a dark blue croc band, which looked very stylish but I thought it might be too dressy. What do you think? What colour & leather should I get? Thanks!

xquisite said:
I need some help. I have asked DH for an Hermes watch for my 40th (next year). I spotted the one I want in Kuala Lumpur airport. It's the "H" watch but diamond-encrusted (palladium). It also has a little diamond for each number. Has anyone seen it?

I think it comes in a small & medium size. I like the bigger version (of course!) but I have no idea what band to get. I want to get a lot of wear out of it, not just use it for special occasions. I think I saw one with a dark blue croc band, which looked very stylish but I thought it might be too dressy. What do you think? What colour & leather should I get? Thanks!
Hi xquisite, I've seen the H-our watch with diamonds in the store. They're BEAUTIFUL!!! I think this watch would be a very classic piece & I like it better with the croc band than the metal bracelet. If you pick the steel/white gold I don't think it'll be too dressy. Just very very classy :smile:

Here are some pics I got from Orolus.com :love:

Attachments

• HH1-230-271-CBL.jpg
    HH1-230-271-CBL.jpg
    20.5 KB · Views: 285
  • HH1-291-271-CRH.jpg
    HH1-291-271-CRH.jpg
    13.7 KB · Views: 283
  • HH1-291-271-4815.jpg
    HH1-291-271-4815.jpg
    16.7 KB · Views: 266
:love: Mmmmm, thanks gigi! The one I saw that I liked best did not have the lines going through the face. the face was plain & it had diamonds instead of numbers. It must be a slightly different version.

I agree that the metal band is not as nice. Do you think that a croc band is standard? I mean, that's not a premium option rather than another leather? I really love rouge H, and that's the colour birkin I want....But I think a rouge band is maybe a bit much for the watch. Do you think a brown would be better?