Hermes Large Birkin VS LV Mirroir Keepall

the 40cm bolide that luxury-zurich had on their site is quite heavy (not any heavier then a travel birken though i'm sure) but gorgeous - my husband would have loved it but he's 6'5 and it actually looks a little too small for him, imo.
and what about a HAC?

If you fly through Boston, the Hermes boutique there has three 45 cm Birkins on the floor - potiron, black, and camel.

They're a little on the heavy side for me - I tend to overpack, so I need a bag that's light to begin with! Also, I would NEVER check one of these babies - but if you fly for a living, it's likely that you get to carry on?

tokyogirl said:
You are amazing in how you found this photo! I didn't know that a man can look hot carrying a Birkin (ick, I sound like Paris, don't I :throwup: )?

What is the leather on this bag -- can anybody guess?

Looks like Barenia?

luvurbag, welcome! I agree with what everyone has already stated, get the Birkin instead of the LV, and I'm sure the right one is bound to find you soon! Good luck!

WOW...Look at all these responses.

THANK YOU ladies for welcoming me!!!!

First..I love that Kelly 45/50 bag...But I have my heart set on Birkin45.
I spoke with an SA today out of OC and will let me know when Birkin45/40 (whatever that size is...its not the 50 one..the next smaller size). My color preference are Orange, Chocolate and Black Togo leather.

For those wonderful Pfers....We dont fly to BOS, or JFK. We go to smaller airports like Islip, Manchester.. (I work for Southwest Airlines)
But..I do frequent Vegas, LA (Where Im from),Orange County.

What is HAC??

I love the Bolide. I saw it last June in Beverly Hills $5K..Caught my eye twice!!

Well..THANK YOU LADIES making me feel welcome. I think Im the only male around here...if there are anyone...let me know!!

Yes..I do love bags and Hermes will be my ultimate gift for me..for my 40th..(in 3 years)!!

Yes..I did see that tennis player on the issue of Vogue or Hommes Vogue..(I have a subcription..and W too) I clipped it for my inspiration!!!

Have a great day ladies.

Kisses..:wlae:

Take care!!

luvurbag said:
WOW...Look at all these responses.

THANK YOU ladies for welcoming me!!!!

First..I love that Kelly 45/50 bag...But I have my heart set on Birkin45.
I spoke with an SA today out of OC and will let me know when Birkin45/40 (whatever that size it...its not the 50 one..the next smaller size). My color preference are Orange, Chocolate and Black Togo leather.

For those wonderful Pfers....We dont fly to BOS, or JFK. We go to smaller airports like Islip, Manchester.. (I work for Southwest Airlines)
But..I do frequent Vegas, LA (Where Im from),Orange County.

What is HAC??

I love the Bolide. I saw it last June in Beverly Hills $5K..Caught my eye twice!!

Well..THANK YOU LADIES making me feel welcome. I think Im the only male around here...if there are anyone...let me know!!

Yes..I do love bags and Hermes will be my ultimate gift for me!!

Yes..I did see that tennis player on the issue of Vogue or Hommes Vogue..(I have a subcription..and W too) I clipped it for my inspiration!!!

Have a great day ladies.

Kisses..:wlae:

Take care!!

Manchester -- I fly Southwest out of what we affectionately call "Manch-vegas" all the time!! What route do you work? I usually fly to BWI.

If you had a few hours free, you could get to Boston from Manchester. It's less than a hour's drive (non-rush hour) and there is a bus that goes from the airport (I think) into Boston. And, I think that the Boston store would do a charge/send on the travel Birkin for you.

HAC = "Haut au Courroies". The "original" Birkin - sometimes called a "tall" Birkin.

The measurements stack up this way:

HAC 45cm - W45cm x H38cm x D25cm
Birkin 45cm - W45cm x H30cm x D20cm ( 2 versions, short & long handles )

Good luck and welcome to tPF -- you'll find that this is as addictive as shopping at Hermes!! :yahoo:

The tennis player looks good with his birkin!!! Definitely not gay. I think straight man too can carry a birkin. :yes: luvurbag, a travel birkin can be easily found & will look good on man. It's casual and chic when you put a formal jacket. A large kelly too looks good on man. It's more formal and more suitable to be carried to the office as a briefcase. YOu can even use it as a messenger bag with the strap if you're tired of carrying by your hands. Even a large bolide too looks great for travelling. There's a pic here in this forum where the Hermes Paris Store displays a travel yellow bolide. It's extremely gorgeous & stunning!!!! Makes me want to go to Paris & get one. ALas..........the bags on display will be sent back to the museum. That's is so unfair....... :hysteric:

funnyredhead: Yes..I fly all over the place easy-west coast. I have work a LOT of manchester-las vegas flight..i just did that at the beginning of this month..and guess where I went as soon as I got in Las Vegas....Hermes Boutique at the Bellagio...alas..no birkin45.

Thanks Rochasgirl...for your input and everyone else.

I will keep you ladies update.

Hope to see you all on my flights.

I have heard some get-together from Pfer on Las Vegas..would LOVE to meet all of you...and admire those Hermes bags!!!

the Birkin would be more practical as a travel bag. the Miroir Keepall is pretty, but i think it could get scratched/scuffed pretty easily, especially if it's going to be a travel bag. plus it's too flashy because of its size

tokyogirl said:
You are amazing in how you found this photo! I didn't know that a man can look hot carrying a Birkin

I still don't think a man looks hot carrying a birkin. Sorry, I just don't. I guess I just associate birkins with women no matter what the size.

Anyway, I agree with yeuxhonnetes, the keepall could get scratched or scuffed too easily. Doesn't LV have some other carry-on type bags you might like to try? My keepall in the monogram seems pretty durable.