HELP! blue jeans/dye transfer on/from my bbag... Color Transfer Issues

I am having a problem with my bag too! Just got it at 6:30 last night. I open it and the first thing that I notice is that there is a problem with the stitching. There is a piece of leather that was not trimmed and looks like it will wear poorly and become a future problem. I called right away. I just left a message to my SA that my huuby is pissed and wants to come to the store sunday for a new magenta GSH or $ back on his CC. He is so over this entire issue. After hearing your problem ... I question do i even want to try another bag???

^^ toni, you should send your DH too!!! :boxing::tup::biguns:

Toni - have you gotten cookies yet? I just came home for lunch and found a package on my doorstep from One Girl Cookies with a handwritten note from the manager at BalNY apologizing for LE Magenta delivery delay. !!!

I guess it probably won't cheer you up that much at this point ... :P

I'm sorry this happened and it shouldn't. I can see it with new jeans as this has been common problem for a long time, but ones that have been washed many times? That is just weird. Can you post pics?
I would call them and send them pictures of the bag.
Also, that's why I spray my new bags with Apple Guard, 3 coats before I use them and repeat it once a month if I am using the bag often. It has never harmed or changed the leather on any of my bags and it leaves a very slight sheen which is nice.
I forgot to spray my white this month and I now have a tiny, blue ink dot on it. Now I have to really work at it. Had I kept it sprayed I could have wiped it right off.

I'm sorry this happened and it shouldn't. I can see it with new jeans as this has been common problem for a long time, but ones that have been washed many times? That is just weird. Can you post pics?
I would call them and send them pictures of the bag.
Also, that's why I spray my new bags with Apple Guard, 3 coats before I use them and repeat it once a month if I am using the bag often. It has never harmed or changed the leather on any of my bags and it leaves a very slight sheen which is nice.
I forgot to spray my white this month and I now have a tiny, blue ink dot on it. Now I have to really work at it. Had I kept it sprayed I could have wiped it right off.

you know powder, i usually spray my bags too.. and this time i decided not to cause i heard so many great things about the new 07 leather, and wanted it to break in naturally. I also never had a giant hardware bag and did not want to get spray on the hardware.

I guess i should have sprayed it. If i could just get this blue off, then i would spray it, and just use her..

i am going to call right now. i was waiting for my employees to step out to lunch. i did not want them to overhear their boss *****ing about some handbag... wish me luck!

Have you tried apple conditioner to get it off? It is really gentle - I have already treated my LE magenta with it, and it didn't change the color or finish on the leather at all. I would just use a drop and spread it out a little (but don't rub in) and then wipe off and see if it takes it off.

Have you tried apple conditioner to get it off? It is really gentle - I have already treated my LE magenta with it, and it didn't change the color or finish on the leather at all. I would just use a drop and spread it out a little (but don't rub in) and then wipe off and see if it takes it off.

^^ sadly, i don't think "apple conditioner" will take it off, since it usually won't even take off dirt :sad:

^^ sadly, i don't think "apple conditioner" will take it off, since it usually won't even take off dirt :sad:

I agree, probably not but Apple cleaner might. I imagine Coach would but it's stronger and I would test on tiny, unseen spot to make sure there is no color transfer onto the white cloth you put it on with. This should not have happened.

I agree, probably not but Apple cleaner might. I imagine Coach would but it's stronger and I would test on tiny, unseen spot to make sure there is no color transfer onto the white cloth you put it on with. This should not have happened.

^^ ITA, i was just about to post your comment from another "magenta help" thread!!! :okay:

"I rarely use cleaners on my dark colored bags, only whites and very sparingly. However when I do use a cleaner I only use Apple and I've never had it lift any color from the bag onto the rag, or fade or darken a bag. I also like Oil of Olay wipes or a drop of Dawn on a damp paper towel for cleaning and I only use Apple Moisturizers."

I am having a problem with my bag too! Just got it at 6:30 last night. I open it and the first thing that I notice is that there is a problem with the stitching. There is a piece of leather that was not trimmed and looks like it will wear poorly and become a future problem. I called right away. I just left a message to my SA that my huuby is pissed and wants to come to the store sunday for a new magenta GSH or $ back on his CC. He is so over this entire issue. After hearing your problem ... I question do i even want to try another bag???

here are pics of the prob w/ my bag.

:tdown:Unacceptable!