HELP! blue jeans/dye transfer on/from my bbag... Color Transfer Issues

Last month (lol, I'm wondering too why it took me this long to post a thread about this) after work on a Friday, I changed to my regular jeans and white t-shirt. I am carrying my Rouge Vif Day with me to go shopping downtown. As I was trying on some clothes, I noticed a red bleeding on my white shirt on the right shoulder part. Of course - it came from my RV Day. I'm not worried about the shirt at all.. But now I am cautious of using her everyday for work :sad:. I really love the Day style but I wouldn't risk using her again if I am wearing a white or any light colored shirt.

Has anyone have this kind of problem? Not necessarily with RV, but with any color?

Was is dye that had bled out in liquid form or particles of colour that had rubbed off like a dust?

Rude question - was it particularly hot that day? Did you sweat and could that have set the bag off? (When we test textiles before we clean them for museums, we test in acid / alkaline and neutral conditions. Some dyes bleed in some more than others. Some bleed more in warmer water.)

Do you know if it was the leather or the handle binding that left the colour?

If you were brave you could do a little test in an inconspicous area with damp blotting paper to see if you could make it start bleeding again.

It may only do this in in certain circumstances. If you could work out what these were, maybe you could avoid it.

Jenova.... Yes, it was really hot that day :sad: I am sweating a bit but not waay too much since I am also in and out of airconditioned stores.

I think I'll just use her when its not hot and humid anymore.

firstly,

sorry mods, i know this should be in the care section but i wanted people to see it

I used my LE magenta bag ONCE... carried it like it was made of glass... and came home to find big huge blue jean line all accross the back. I had on my faded Joe jeans that have been washed a million times...

come on now... i have 10 of these bags..... NEVER have i seen this...

something is not right here..
Now what do i do.... Call them yet again?

Try and clean it myself and totally ruin the bag?

toss it in the trash and move on, If this is the new quality of bags, this is my last..

:tdown:

So sorry to hear that! I'd definitely call them. It's ridiculous that it happened, especially since they are jeans that are faded and have been washed several times. I hate to say it, but balenciaga quality seems to have hit an all time low!

good luck and keep us updated!

That's awful! I'm so sorry:sad:.
My guess is that they are using unfinished (i.e., unsealed) leather on those bags. They usually have that shiny protectant on them, right? but this is the second person who's complained about issues involving leather porousness, whether it's fading or now colour transfer.
I would definitely call them. Was your bag shiny when you got it, with that clear coat we all recognize as being on a new b-bag?

it was shiny but definitely had some scuff marks on the back of the bag that looked to me like the shiny gloss had rubbed off. I would rather throw myself in the east river than have to call them with this issue, but i have no choice. I will take some pics, but honestly, i can't look at it right now, its got me that upset. I know its just a handbag... and it really does not matter, but i am not a kid. I am the first one to say that variations in the bags give them that unique vintage edge.. I have been a full supporter of the company. But my gut is telling me something is different with these bags.. i am afraid to touch it... and what are they going to tell me.. I can hear it now.. it was my fault, my jeans.... ect . Do i just demand store credit, and get yet... another black bag,, or maybe just a couple of pairs of shoes and blow...

i'm really sorry this happened. that's horrible. you should definitely call them and demand an explanation, it's just not right. now i'm really scared to use my gsh too. :/

really sorry this happened to you, i completely understand how it feels. i would be really upset too! please let us know how it goes!