heat stroke style

I follow gga's lead and wear my silk carres in the summer too, but that is because I spend most of my time in a way-too-over-air-conditioned office. On the weekends, I tend to wear twillys, the 35" mousselines and my cotton scarves (although I know this thread is about wearing silks, not the cottons). My turquoise 35" mousseline of Au Claire de la Mer seems to be my all-around summer favorite--those cute little fish on it just cheer me up on really hot and humid days when the sidewalks are melting.

YIKES. I officially hate you. that looks INCREDIBLE. amazing. just amazing.

btw spanx also makes a strapless top and i think it would be great under a scarf. keeps everything in- and up. LOL

rockerchic you look fabulous, I think I would need 2 lots of Spanx to pull that look off, LOL

In the summer in the UK, it's like winter so I carry on as normal with winter clothes and carres, well, I am joking a bit but I can pretty much wear my scarves here in the summer although I tend to wear one of my plisses that is very summery in colour and my light cream pebble carre. In the south of France, however, where you have a proper summer, I tend to wear twillies in my hair or Hermes cotton scarves, either in my hair on around my neck, I feel a bit too sweaty in the big carres.

Rocker, what a great idea! I really like that and it has "security" that I am definitely in need of:smile: Very inventive, how did you come up with it?

Had nothing fun to wear to dinner one summer night so I threw on my white cami and my pretty blue/white/teal/black pucci scarf with black capris and some black sandals. Necessity is the mother of invention!

rockerchic that looks fantastic on you. no problem with the scarf inching slowly downward? i wore a scarf like this once, under a pair of overalls, and the scarf refused to acknowledge that there was any reason to stay up, and basically mistook things for... speed bumps and even that didn't slow down the descent. i had to keep tugging it up the whole day.
you've got nice arms rockerchic! there is nothing to laugh at in that pic!

hlfinn, gga, sweet reunion. can we call you 2 the udders?

orchids a headband - will a silk headband be warmer than a cotton one would?

how many months do i have with my lovely scarf then? oct., nov., dec., no way, dec. was quite warm... jan., feb. is out - too cold. and march. that's it. 4 months.
i better start looking at the pochettes. lol

Hmmm....good question HH. I think it's going to be warmer because it's basically wrapped twice around your head. I've done this once and it was okay, but I live in a pretty cool climate.