H&M -good or bad?

I mostly buy stuff for my one year old godson. The kids clothes are sooo cute.
I have some basic tanks and tees which hold up pretty well even after washing them countless times.
The stuff from the Karl Lagerfeld collection is really good quality. I bought loads. The stuff from Madonnas collection looks really nice, too.
I always make sure that I shop at a certain store since that one is less crowded.

Yesterday a good friend of mine came back with a horrible summer dress she bought for 5 €. It's red and orange with a very peasant-looking tulip pattern and the fabric feels like cheap curtain fabric...

I have gotten very lucky at the store in Soho, and when the stuff doesn't last I haven't spent a fortune. I'm most happy with my purchases for the kids. With four of them to dress, I go for $$ and style.

I like some of their designer collaboration stuff (:heart: my Stella McCartney for H&M pieces) but that's kinda it. I've bought a few basic items from them but only wore them once or twice.

I was @ Forever 21 in San Francisco last weekend and my gawd it was a ZOO, there was a line to the fitting rooms so I went to H&M for the first time. I liked some stuff and didn like others. I think it is better than Forever 21. I got two sweaters for 19.99 each, they fit beautiful and that's why I got them, I saw more stuff but I want to try these first, it if shrink, fades, rip, etc.

its a hit or miss for me as well... sometimes i find sometimes i find some unique stuff there... but you have to look really hard. i have maybe 2 or 3 pieces from them... but when i do get something there i only wear it THAT season and never wear it again... cause its usually for the trend and its not a staple... besides the quaility wont last you longer than a season anyways.

h&m... hmm i have mixed feelings. i definitely prefer it over forever 21. the quality definitely isnt the best but for what you pay you cant expect too much. the 1/2 of the store thats for the hipster high schoolers isnt too great but they have do have some cute things that i could work into my existing clothes. i definitely wouldnt buy things that i plan to keep and hold up for a long time from there though.