Grand Hôtel Trunk Bag

So worth it! It’s a iykyk kinda bag.
do you carry it by the handle? is it comfortable? because from the pics it looks a bit like this shape: ^, and not kind of like C-shaped like some other bag handles, if you know what I mean.

also, I'm torn between this and the cassette trunk. this looks spacious but heavier, and the cassette is cute and light, but maybe small for my things.

I wish I had funds for both. lol

Just got mine!!

Just some questions for other owners:

1) mine doesn’t seem to sit flat on any surface, almost like the feet are not all at the same ‘height’ - like a rickety chair. Is this normal - I know it is handmade but I would expect better for the price tag.

2) mine was date stamped Feb 2022 and is 1100/18000 (ish) - I’m worried it’s older stock - there were no protective stickers on the hinges and some missing on the feet. Did yours come with all the protective cushioning around the handle?

Should I talk to Goyard? I didn’t notice these things in the heat of the moment at the store.

Thanks - I would appreciate any input. I absolutely love the bag but also don’t want to be stuck with a defective or display piece with wear and tear.

Attachments

• IMG_2728.png
    IMG_2728.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 28
Just got mine!!

Just some questions for other owners:

1) mine doesn’t seem to sit flat on any surface, almost like the feet are not all at the same ‘height’ - like a rickety chair. Is this normal - I know it is handmade but I would expect better for the price tag.

2) mine was date stamped Feb 2022 and is 1100/18000 (ish) - I’m worried it’s older stock - there were no protective stickers on the hinges and some missing on the feet. Did yours come with all the protective cushioning around the handle?

Should I talk to Goyard? I didn’t notice these things in the heat of the moment at the store.

Thanks - I would appreciate any input. I absolutely love the bag but also don’t want to be stuck with a defective or display piece with wear and tear.
I hope this helps. I bought mine (grey) in Dec 2023 and it was a recent shipment at my local boutique (US).

1. Mine absolutely stands firm on a flat surface. For the price, i don’t think it should be rickety. You should talk to your SA about this. In the least they can probably do an exchange if it bothers you enough.
2. Please edit out your date and number (ish) because as you probably know that these can be copied by those who have no good intention even though reproducing this bag would probably be a nightmare. Mine did come with clear stickers on the feet and side plaque. After two weeks of use, on of the feet stickers came off and another one is on it’s way. There were no protective stickers in the buckle and hinges. Not sure of the SA took them off. My bag was also made within a few months from yours. The bag number is triple digits.

Good luck. Keep us updated.

Reactions: c18027
I hope this helps. I bought mine (grey) in Dec 2023 and it was a recent shipment at my local boutique (US).

1. Mine absolutely stands firm on a flat surface. For the price, i don’t think it should be rickety. You should talk to your SA about this. In the least they can probably do an exchange if it bothers you enough.
2. Please edit out your date and number (ish) because as you probably know that these can be copied by those who have no good intention even though reproducing this bag would probably be a nightmare. Mine did come with clear stickers on the feet and side plaque. After two weeks of use, on of the feet stickers came off and another one is on it’s way. There were no protective stickers in the buckle and hinges. Not sure of the SA took them off. My bag was also made within a few months from yours. The bag number is triple digits.

Good luck. Keep us updated.
I tried to attach a video but couldn’t. The difference is about two dollar bills thick on one foot which causes the whole bag to wobble when put down.

Another question - is the underneath of your handle rough to the touch? Like the leather is scrunched up almost. Is this normal.

Also the side panels on the bag do not line up perfectly. Are they supposed to line up.

I’m a little worried I ended up with a lemon.

Thanks in advance.

I will say from a physics point of view, getting four points to be exactly planar is a bit difficult. This is why tables are often wobbly at restaurants and why your large appliances (dishwasher, clothes washer, etc) all have adjustable feet. Also, don't discount the possibility that your table may be uneven — check the bag on other tables to make sure it's the bag and not the table.

When you throw in organic materials into the mix (wood, canvas, leather), keeping those 4 points exactly planer over time is even more difficult. I wouldn't be surprised if bag left the factory flat, but has slightly warped over the past 2 years and now isn't.

For this particular issue, I personally wouldn't care because I wouldn't expect an organic, hard-sided bag to stay perfectly flat over time. And frankly, most tabletops are slightly uneven, so even if the bag is actually flat, it'll always be rickety on certain tables.

I will say from a physics point of view, getting four points to be exactly planar is a bit difficult. This is why tables are often wobbly at restaurants and why your large appliances (dishwasher, clothes washer, etc) all have adjustable feet. Also, don't discount the possibility that your table may be uneven — check the bag on other tables to make sure it's the bag and not the table.

When you throw in organic materials into the mix (wood, canvas, leather), keeping those 4 points exactly planer over time is even more difficult. I wouldn't be surprised if bag left the factory flat, but has slightly warped over the past 2 years and now isn't.

For this particular issue, I personally wouldn't care because I wouldn't expect an organic, hard-sided bag to stay perfectly flat over time. And frankly, most tabletops are slightly uneven, so even if the bag is actually flat, it'll always be rickety on certain tables.
Another question - is the underneath of your handle rough to the touch? Like the leather is scrunched up almost. Is this normal.