First Goyard.. Artois PM or St Louis

I got the artois pm last year in sky blue and have rarely used it.i tried the saint louis but didnt fit well on my shoulder and i already have a neverfull as a larger bag.Maybe i will use it more in the summer.i do love the structure and quality on the artois
Oh no! What are your reasonings for not gravitating towards your Artois? That’s such a beautiful color! The Neverfull was too big for my liking so I gave it to sister in law since she’s taller than me and it suited her frame.

I purchased both an St Louis PM (grey) and Artois MM (black) at the same time in 2022. I'm a neutral lover so I stick to neutral colors. My priority was getting the Artois but I have ended up using the SL PM more since its such an easy grab and go bag. I use the Artois in the larger MM size mainly for travel. If I get a third Goyard it will likely be Artois PM or Bellechasse.

Good luck with your decision. The Artois PM is a great bag and the green is beautiful! The Artois' zipper and longer strap drop are both plusses and why I'm thinking of getting one next.
Thank you! I love Neutral color bags but after looking at my handbag closet, I realized I have too many black bags. The green would be different but I’m worried I won’t gravitate towards it as much. Such a hard decision atp!

Reactions: jayjay77
My first goyard was the st louis PM in 2018. I use it often on weekends and for travel (has gone through x-ray and stored under the seat). Of my designer bags I don't baby it and it's just so easy to throw things in a tote! I took some pictures of "wear and tear," which I don't mind at all. I have not used my artois PM since I just bought it. All my other designer bags are black or neutral colors. I'm looking forward to using my red artois. I think it will be nice to get a green goyard as it will add a nice pop of color. Like the others said, the artois and st louis are different. You can't go wrong with either. Are you looking for a casual look? The St Louis is slouchy and fits that box. I purchased the artois because I wanted a longer strap handle and a zipper for travel. The goyardine canvas on the artois is also thicker than the st louis which allows it to stand upright. I'm 5'4" (162.56cm) for reference.

Attachments

• IMG_0293 copy.jpg
    IMG_0293 copy.jpg
    264.4 KB · Views: 84
  • IMG_0294 copy.jpg
    IMG_0294 copy.jpg
    457.5 KB · Views: 80
  • IMG_0295 copy.jpg
    IMG_0295 copy.jpg
    131.9 KB · Views: 81
  • IMG_0296 copy.jpg
    IMG_0296 copy.jpg
    295.1 KB · Views: 79
  • IMG_0297 copy.jpg
    IMG_0297 copy.jpg
    205.4 KB · Views: 76
  • IMG_0300 copy.jpg
    IMG_0300 copy.jpg
    111.2 KB · Views: 83
  • IMG_0298 copy.jpg
    IMG_0298 copy.jpg
    129 KB · Views: 84
My first goyard was the st louis PM in 2018. I use it often on weekends and for travel (has gone through x-ray and stored under the seat). Of my designer bags I don't baby it and it's just so easy to throw things in a tote! I took some pictures of "wear and tear," which I don't mind at all. I have not used my artois PM since I just bought it. All my other designer bags are black or neutral colors. I'm looking forward to using my red artois. I think it will be nice to get a green goyard as it will add a nice pop of color. Like the others said, the artois and st louis are different. You can't go wrong with either. Are you looking for a casual look? The St Louis is slouchy and fits that box. I purchased the artois because I wanted a longer strap handle and a zipper for travel. The goyardine canvas on the artois is also thicker than the st louis which allows it to stand upright. I'm 5'4" (162.56cm) for reference.
I’m with you on the pop of color! I’m so drawn to the green goyardine. I’m very petite and based on research the Artois PM is smaller than St. Louis. Thank you for your input! 😊

Reactions: ChloeRD
I’m with you on the pop of color! I’m so drawn to the green goyardine. I’m very petite and based on research the Artois PM is smaller than St. Louis. Thank you for your input! 😊
Let us know what you decide! Would love to see pics and your thoughts on which bag you choose. :smile:

I know you’ve already made your choice, but I wanted to share some mod pics as I had this same dilemma and thought they may be helpful for another TPFer who comes across this thread! I’m 5’2” / US size 2 for reference, and these are the Artois PM and St. Louis PM.

The Artois PM was a bit smaller and much more structured than I anticipated. It was beautiful and felt very well-made / sturdy! I expected to buy it but ultimately fell in love with the delightful slouch of the St. Louis. I purchased a PM in green, my favorite color. :smile: It’s been several months and I still love it!

IMG_7603.jpeg
IMG_7602.jpegIMG_7601.jpeg
IMG_7600.jpeg
IMG_7599.jpeg
IMG_7598.jpeg

Hi guys! Looking to get my first Goyard and love the Artois. BUT I saw someone packing and their St Louis folded up so small and it's great to pack. I just hate that it has no zipper. So I'm torn as to what to get. Is the Artois also able to fold up and be packed similar to the St Louis or no, because it's more structured?? TIA

Hi guys! Looking to get my first Goyard and love the Artois. BUT I saw someone packing and their St Louis folded up so small and it's great to pack. I just hate that it has no zipper. So I'm torn as to what to get. Is the Artois also able to fold up and be packed similar to the St Louis or no, because it's more structured?? TIA
Hi! The Artois is very thick and wasn’t designed to be folded. I can’t say for certain that it’s totally unfoldable — but I personally wouldn’t risk it based on how structured the canvas is.

I bought the St. Louis and purchased an organizer with a zipper. I also keep my wallet and valuables in the attached pouch. It’s not a perfect solution but was worth it to me given that the St. Louis was a better fit for my lifestyle (light, packable, wipeable) 99% of the time.

Both are great bags. You’ll love whichever you choose. Hope this helps!

Hi! The Artois is very thick and wasn’t designed to be folded. I can’t say for certain that it’s totally unfoldable — but I personally wouldn’t risk it based on how structured the canvas is.

I bought the St. Louis and purchased an organizer with a zipper. I also keep my wallet and valuables in the attached pouch. It’s not a perfect solution but was worth it to me given that the St. Louis was a better fit for my lifestyle (light, packable, wipeable) 99% of the time.

Both are great bags. You’ll love whichever you choose. Hope this helps!
Thank you!!