Fakes everywhere...

I aw so many fakes last week at my work. They all where so brown and somehow proud with their fake bags. I'm really not an expert on LV bags, but most of these where so ugly made and completely wrong.
I just don't get why they would walk around with a fak bag instead of a nice non-designer bag. I'm certain that a non-designer bag lasts so much longer then those bags.

I strongly dislike fakes and those that promote buying them.

IMO, if you can't afford to buy the things you want then don't try to pretend by buying a fake version of it. That to me is the same as trying to keep up with the Joneses.

It would be better to save to get what you want or buy a lesser known brand.

There is a line in "He's just not that into you" that makes me laugh and think of fake bags:

The couple is shopping in Home Depot for Wood flooring....

"I don't like the way it's pretending to be wood. If you're not wood,
don't try and look like wood."

I feel that way about bags, lol!! Stop pretending. Sorry, but at the end of the day the fake bags are pretenders and so are those who knowingly buy fakes.

I rarely see obvious fakes ... until TODAY! I could NOT believe my eyes; I was waiting for a bus at my local mall and in the span of 20 minutes, I saw 4 fakes!!!

1st .. NF GM -- or so I thought until she turned and I saw the thick flat straps

2nd .. a Monogram messenger (almost shaped like the Thomas) with louis vuitton written all over it in bright green

3rd .. Damier patterned small messenger (like an EVA), but with a long shoulder strap that had louis vuitton written on it (like the Beaubourg has)

4th .. Graphite patterned small messenger (size was btwn and Eva and a Thomas) which was split in two at the bottom -- hard to describe, but it was like two bags pressed together -- it had a brass plate on the front of it like the Eva does (I had to look twice because I am so desirous of more Graphite bags that I HAD to make sure it was fake ..LOL)

I agree with everyone that fakes are so bothersome.. It's one thing when the person doesn't know that their bag is a fake, but it's another when they are flaunting it to everyone.
There is a acquaintance on my FB that has been posting her speedy with long handles and feet everywhere on it after a trip to NYC. The worst thing is that she has to bluntly point out that it's a 'LV' bag in every single photo and status update.