Eyelash Extensions: anyone done it?

OK so I just wanted to give an update. After wearing them for about two days, I ended up ripping them out. OUCH! They were so beautiful, but they began to feel dirty and itchy and when I cried my eyes started to burn... Like the glue was getting wet and maybe getting into my eyes?.. It was so bad I ended up tearing them out - along with my eyelashes they were attached to. I will continue to wear my Ardells (sp?) only.

Wow, your experience sounds like they didn't do them right at all...mine are on with black glue, and there were never any fumes at all (and I'm REALLY sensitive to fumes around my eyes- they water at everything). I didn't have to lie there and wait for them to dry either-I don't think they used the right kind of glue at all on you.

For people who said they were falling off and taking your lashes with them- are you sure that wasn't just your real lashes growing out? I've had a few come off, but most that I've lost was from my lashes naturally coming out.That's one of the things they warn you about when you get them. You can't control how fast your own lashes grow and fall out, and there's no telling how fast you'll lose the extensions because of it.

Mine are lasting about how I expected..I lost a bunch at the beginning because I couldn't stop fiddling with them, but now that I'm used to them it's maybe 1 a day (that I notice). I have an appointment for fill-ins in a week and a half- hopefully there won't be so many gone that I'll have to start all over again. I'll probably only go 3 weeks in between fill ins after this. I still completely love them and how they make my eyes look.

I was going to get these done. However a friend of mine had hers done and then decided not to get refills.. so as her extensions fell out so did her real lashes.. by the time they all fell out she ended up with unnaturally short lashes.. because of the way the extensions "broke" off.. is this normal?
Id love to get it done once just to try but if im not a fan id hate to end up with short lashes. I have naturally long black thick lashes.

I get them done by an "Xtreme Lashes" professional. These are individual lash extensions that are glued on to your lashes with transparent surgical glue. It will not harm your eyes. I got a partial set and have them touched up every 2 weeks. So far so good. They fall out when your lashes fall out. But when I go for my touch ups any lose extensions are clipped off (and your lash isn't damaged) and a new extension is glued on.

i have asian sparse lashes and so have gone to three different places in the bay area. first i went to looked awesome first few days, then lashes started to go awry within a couple of weeks, second places they didn't use curled lashes so they just drooped downwards, third place is this amazing woman named maria who doesn't charge that much and LOVES to do lashes. the trick is to find a good person who uses good lashes. she does a combination of the xtreme ones and mink ones, the mink ones aren't as curly. i like the curled look better, personally, and there are different levels of how curly the lashes can be. if you want maria's contact info she's on yelp in san francisco and alameda, or you can PM me and i'll give you her info. also there is a lot of variance in length. i like shorter in length so it looks more realistic but a lot of girls like the longer look. in short, last extensions are awesome if you find the right person. i would not have wanted to pay the same amount to go to the first two people because the effect didn't last and lashes looked funny, going different directions. also i felt like because the first two people didn't do lashes full time and didn't love to do lashes, they didn't do a good job. maria lvoes to do lashes so she does an awesome job, she even says to me sometimes "ooh you're my first client today and i didn't work yesterday, i'm so excited to do some lashes." for such a painstaking process it's best to have someone patient enough to do it right. i can see how some people would hate doing it beecause it takes so long and do a crappy job. also maria is a certified nurse so less fear of nasty eye infection or glue in eyeball

I had Novalash eyelash extensions put in last Friday on 9/2... I'm suppose to be getting them refilled this Saturday. (every 2-3 weeks).. but I'm getting them taken off today during my lunch hour.

Pros: Love the look, I need no eye make up and it totally opens up your eyes

Cons: Will require maintenance (refills very 2-3 weeks from $50 on up), I have a hard time washing my face.. without having my eyes burn (when water gets in them.. because you can't wipe your eyes). You have to be careful to blot the excess water from your face, careful to not rub your eyes..and sometimes I can feel them prickling my lash line... I've been trying to find a way around this.. but haven't yet. I feel like I haven't been able to thoroughly wash my face for the past 1.5 week.

It's too much maintenance & $ form my pocket to realistically keep this up. I recommend it for weddings and special occasions though.. ;)

I've had lash extensions. LOVED THEM. It's one of those procedures where people say you look refreshed without botox or surgery. They even look great gehind glasses.

The gradual falloff thing is a problem. After about 1/3 falloff you look a little ragged and either have to go for a fill or rip them all off.

Cost is problematic...but i do want them at all times.

ive been getting my lashes done every 3weeks or so for the last 5months and i lvoe it!!!! i dont know how great my real lashes are doing underneath but so far am loving the results i think they look great and so easy to just get up put on some eyelines and im good to go.. i try to avoid playing with them as much as possible as not to feel itchy.. and i brush them mornign and evening to keep them in shape and to get out any loose ones... im getting a refill on wed. so will post before and after shots

I had them done once. The look is great for about 10 days, then they just felt weird.
I'd do them again for a special occasion..but to have them in ongoing would be to much of a hassle and too costly.

ok got mine refilled yesterday, the first 2 shots are before.. not the greatest representation as they already have eyelashes. but this is at about the 3 3.5week mark.. so infills were needed.. you can see that they are fuller in the next pic. i love havin them done

Attachments

• IMG01384-20111102-1620.jpg
    IMG01384-20111102-1620.jpg
    62.3 KB · Views: 4,672
  • IMG01385-20111102-1621.jpg
    IMG01385-20111102-1621.jpg
    53.4 KB · Views: 4,535
  • IMG01390-20111102-1923.jpg
    IMG01390-20111102-1923.jpg
    77.9 KB · Views: 4,519
  • IMG01392-20111103-0759.jpg
    IMG01392-20111103-0759.jpg
    56.5 KB · Views: 4,473
Baby Boo said:
ok got mine refilled yesterday, the first 2 shots are before.. not the greatest representation as they already have eyelashes. but this is at about the 3 3.5week mark.. so infills were needed.. you can see that they are fuller in the next pic. i love havin them done

I love them! Do you feel that the look differs from glue on falsies?

Does anyone find that after all their lashes are gone, they feel as if the natural lashes are broken they are so short?

I think I am just used to having the lashes, but it is a freak out to see how short my natural lashes are.

Yours look great baby boo!

Found pics of mine when I last had them done on 10 November. They are all gone now though :sad:

Attachments

• 688d28c606c811e1abb01231381b65e3_7.jpg
    688d28c606c811e1abb01231381b65e3_7.jpg
    46 KB · Views: 4,351
  • b792a0a406c811e19896123138142014_7.jpg
    b792a0a406c811e19896123138142014_7.jpg
    37.9 KB · Views: 4,359
I've had lash extensions for 2 years this March. Ive been very consistent and go in every 3 to 4 weeks for my fills - which in Seattle range from $50-$75. It's very very addicting and I love the way they look. I have individual lashes placed rather than the clumps of 2-3 because my natural lashes can not handle the weight. I am also using the generic version of latisse ( careprost) from ADC.. To help strengthen my natural lashes. I highly recommended but again they are addicting!!

image-472413654.png