Eyelash Extensions: anyone done it?

If you want to save money on eyelash extensions then maybe you might want to think about a take home kit and DIY. The Diva Lash Kit is wonderful!!!!

go to www.lashesandcosmetics.com

They have a take home kit that has a new glue technology that lasts for weeks or until you use the remover to take them off. No burning or irritation. Even if you wear contacts you can wear them. You can use any type of lashes with the Stays-On-Glue.

They have cluster lashes which are much eaiser to apply than single lashes. You can apply them on yourself in about 30-35 minuets. The seceret is:

• Coat your natural lashes first with their special glue adhesive useing a micro brush (you can do sections of your natural lashes)
  • Then dip in the lash into the glue adhesive then apply. It sticks like Velcro.
  • It dries in ten munuets so you have time to move around the lash into place.
Once it is dry they are water proof. You can jump in a pool or go to the gym and no problems. I am a surfer and they last through the rough waves so I can vouch. Just don't take steam showers and try not to touch the lashes once they are on. I was told to not use oil make up remover or cream near the lashes. I just wash my face and try to not touch the lashes except with my finger tips to wash them with warm water and they stay on fine.

I like the strip lashes as well with their system. They last for weeks. A new tool is the Lash Press it helps press on strip lashes. If your like me you have problems appling strip lashes now it is so easy. Their strip lashes are good quaility and they use their own glue on the back strip so it sticks even better and won't lift up at the ends. They are very lightweight and look real.

I had the clusters on for three weeks, I just coated over them each week and then I took them off to change my look. The strips lashes two weeks!! I coated them once over and kept lasting. I love the kit. I wake up in the morning a look fab. before I even get ready. I don't wear mascara either because their lashes are black and it even looks like I am wearing eyeliner.

They have all the tools in the kit you will need to get the look you are after.

check them out:

www.lashesandcosmetics.com

http://www.closettherapyblog.com/blog/eyelash_extensions/index.html

Individual eyelashes are glued onto your existing eyelashes. You can choose how full or long you want them, and as your natural eyelashes fall out, the extension attached falls out also. They last up to two months.

I would love to have a set of falsies that could last up to 2 months! The cost puts me off, however. I found a nearby salon that will do it for $100, which surprises me considering it's a nice salon and everyone else is charging around $250. Maybe their pricing list online was outdated.

If looking for extension you guys should try eyelash "gels" similar to `revita lash`. There are lots of different kinds. I got one from Korean market and its pretty amazing. my eyelashes grew longer and thicker. I saw sephora also had one of those but the price was insanely expensive compared to mine!

I've been going to my gal for over 2 years now and I love it. They last about 4-6 weeks. Here are some recent pics. The last time I had them done was before Christmas. Still pretty good!

OK-- so I tried to read through the whole thread but didn't get to it all. From what I've read, it seems that lash extensions last for about 3 months for non-Asians but only a week or so for Asians. Is that accurate?

Also, I have a concern. How can you tell if they are just putting fake individual lashes on you versus eyelash extensions??

OK-- so I tried to read through the whole thread but didn't get to it all. From what I've read, it seems that lash extensions last for about 3 months for non-Asians but only a week or so for Asians. Is that accurate?

Also, I have a concern. How can you tell if they are just putting fake individual lashes on you versus eyelash extensions??

I'm Asian and mine usually last 4-6 wks without needing a fill. However I prefer to get a fill every 4 to 5 wks to make them look fresh. I go to a great gal here in Seattle. I also believe it all depends on the person you see and how well skilled they are in their craft. Many out there "claim" to be certified when all they really did was watch a movie. I'm sorry bit someone that gets that close to my eyes with their tools needs to know to pros and cons of eBay they are doing. Essentially you get what you pay for. Quality work will come at a cost imo

I am able to properly clean my eyes and remove my eye makeup as long as it is non oil based. The adhesive my lash artist uses is a medical grade made specifically for lashes. They last the cycle of your natural lashes and I love it. I love waking up and having my eyes look done already. I get compliments all the time!!

I have eyelash extensions and I love them. BUT after about 2 weeks many start to fall out. I'm thinking it may be my facial cleanser, although the bottle says "oil free". What do you use to remove your make-up? Any suggestions for making my extensions last longer?

^^ You shouldn't be using mascara or eyelash curlers if you have extensions.

I got mine done last weekend at JJ Eyelashes since its by my office and they usually have deals on Lifebooker and the Dealist. They came out great. It looks like I curled my eyelashes and put mascara on. I told the lady not to make me look fake and to make it look natural. Now, im curious to see how long it lasts.

I'm still hemming and hawing about getting this done. I leave for HK soon and I bought myself a groupon for xtreme lash. I'm also getting engagement photos done in Hk (with hair and make up) should I wait until I come home to get it done?? Decisions, decisions...thankfully there's no expiration date on the groupon:P