Ever purged your collection in pursuit of one bag? How did it go?

I never really regret giving up a bag. Even if I miss it for certain occassions, it's only a bag.

I agree with this sentiment, 1000%. In fact, sometimes I annoy those around me for my lack of attachment to my possessions.

I mean, it's just stuff, isn't it?

(Not that I don't like NICE stuff, however). :lol:

I, too, got rid of all my bags--mostly MJs, MKs, a few RMs, a couple of HHs, and a Coach bag--earlier this year and kept an MK, the one I was using. No regrets. Eventually, I got a BE and another HH at a huge discount.

I didn't do it to fund a super high-end bag kuz I'm just not comfortable carrying obscenely expensive bags...it's just not me. I'm too casual for that. But if I were OK with it and fell in love with a celebrity bag, I would definitely sell some of the ones I have to buy that one. Why not? IMO, there's nothing to regret if you're having fun. Change is good; it's exciting! Plus I think that getting attached to objects to the point of not being able to let them go or end up upset, sad or depressed without them isn't healthy, so I just don't. As they come, they go.

Enjoy your YSL! :nuts:

Too funny!!! I have always loved the Neverfull myself...and your Rive Gauche? (I saw some pics) = :faint: :drool: :faint:

I am afraid that I have caught the YSL bug, though I am loving some LV and Mulberry, too. I just wish that the YSL sub-forum were a bit more active, 'cause I have a lot of questions and people rarely answer the threads. :sad:

(I am spoiled by the very crowded RM sub-forum, me thinks). :P

Thanks, I really love YSL and the RG has not disappointed me.

I agree, the ysl sf is not real active like RM or LV, but ask questions Cosmo and some of the ladies there really know the brand. I remember a time when the Gucci sf was downright boring with very little activity and to see it now! We will just have to do the same with ysl.:smile:

Lo i am just so beyond thrilled for you right now!!! I can totally see how excited and almost liberated you are and its just fantastic. this is clearly the right move for you right now and to be moving on to the premier designers is such an exciting step!!!

your two choices are absolutely GORGEOUS and classic and im sure you will be beyond thrilled when you get them (which i hope is super soon hehe)

not sure if you are going to leave the RM forum but if you do you will be missed!!! just wanted to add that in even though i really am so excited for you!!

hopefully ill be joining your move to the next level in the not so distant future hehe

I, too, got rid of all my bags--mostly MJs, MKs, a few RMs, a couple of HHs, and a Coach bag--earlier this year and kept an MK, the one I was using. No regrets. Eventually, I got a BE and another HH at a huge discount.

I didn't do it to fund a super high-end bag kuz I'm just not comfortable carrying obscenely expensive bags...it's just not me. I'm too casual for that. But if I were OK with it and fell in love with a celebrity bag, I would definitely sell some of the ones I have to buy that one. Why not? IMO, there's nothing to regret if you're having fun. Change is good; it's exciting! Plus I think that getting attached to objects to the point of not being able to let them go or end up upset, sad or depressed without them isn't healthy, so I just don't. As they come, they go.

Enjoy your YSL! :nuts:

Ahhh...as usual, you are the voice of reason, karmen!! :biggrin: I am with you on the "change is exciting" line of thought -- to think that I will be starting fresh is pretty thrilling, tbh. I am positively ruthless about letting go of stuff...I enjoy it while I have it, take care of it, but then let it go just like that.

I am definitely ready to have just two bags!!!! Woot, woot!!! :yahoo:

Thanks, I really love YSL and the RG has not disappointed me.

I agree, the ysl sf is not real active like RM or LV, but ask questions Cosmo and some of the ladies there really know the brand. I remember a time when the Gucci sf was downright boring with very little activity and to see it now! We will just have to do the same with ysl.:smile:

Agreed!! Party at YSL, starting NOW!!! :nuts: :rochard: :nuts:

I have already started my "I am a newbie and pleeeeease help me" thread. Hopefully it will help!!!

i have. doing so made me realize not to buy so many trendy and "it" bags and to get stuff i could use later!

Yup. I am steering waaaay clear of the "it" bags. I can't afford most of them, anyway -- so I am thinking more about investment pieces. :heart:

Great to hear that it worked out for you in the long run!!!

Lo i am just so beyond thrilled for you right now!!! I can totally see how excited and almost liberated you are and its just fantastic. this is clearly the right move for you right now and to be moving on to the premier designers is such an exciting step!!!

your two choices are absolutely GORGEOUS and classic and im sure you will be beyond thrilled when you get them (which i hope is super soon hehe)

not sure if you are going to leave the RM forum but if you do you will be missed!!! just wanted to add that in even though i really am so excited for you!!

hopefully ill be joining your move to the next level in the not so distant future hehe

Hey sgw!! :hugs:

Of course I will still hang out in the RM subforum...I love the crazy crowd there too much...you very much included!!!

And once I get my slimy paws on one of my goal bags, you will know. You will hear me screaming from the next state over (MA, hee hee). :nuts:

I'll post LOTS of pics, too!!!!!!

My goal is to have one of the bags by the end of January. :graucho:

A collection purge sounds good! I couldn't do a complete one, but definitely downsizing of some Coach and RMs that I don't really use. I've been thinking of checking out Bal. myself....but do not need to get too into bags in that price range! I wish I could keep the collection around 10 bags, but there are soooo many colors and styles, it's hard!