Ever feel LV Customer Service Could be Better For What You're Paying?

hmmm ... i have a great SA at the moment but there is one problem that i have with her and I don't know whether this is justified or not so pls jump in and give your view ....

My DH and I have been with this SA since Dec last year and I have just began seriously collecting ... anyway! she rings us when she has something special to show me but every time she shows me something special she would tell me that the item was brought in for a very special lady but the very special lady didn't want it so she can show it to me ... now don;t get me wrong i think it;s great that she shows me the LE items and i have brought a few of the things that she showed me but the way she puts it sort of makes me feel that I'm getting someone else's cast off .... do you guys think that i am weird???? i am grateful that she rings me but i don;t know sometimes it just rubs me the wrong way.,,,

I have had shoddy service from a boutique or two, but service at my usual boutique is always top notch.

I, personally, have never paid shipping for a single item. Shipping has always been free, regardless of how much I have spent. They even paid for a package to be shipped from a boutique in NYC to my regular boutique in Las Vegas and then delivered via personal courier to a hotel that I was staying at in Monaco. I think that is pretty above and beyond the call of retail duty..

hmmm ... i have a great SA at the moment but there is one problem that i have with her and I don't know whether this is justified or not so pls jump in and give your view ....

My DH and I have been with this SA since Dec last year and I have just began seriously collecting ... anyway! she rings us when she has something special to show me but every time she shows me something special she would tell me that the item was brought in for a very special lady but the very special lady didn't want it so she can show it to me ... now don;t get me wrong i think it;s great that she shows me the LE items and i have brought a few of the things that she showed me but the way she puts it sort of makes me feel that I'm getting someone else's cast off .... do you guys think that i am weird???? i am grateful that she rings me but i don;t know sometimes it just rubs me the wrong way.,,,

I do understand what you are saying, it's like this - "Well, this was intended for a VIP client, but since they did not want it, I guess I can let you see it". I can hear that being said, in a snobby, elitist tone of voice that makes you want to cower in shame.

I think that you have to realize that there are higher ranking customers that shop in the boutique - Customers that receive priority treatment, the ones that really pad LVMH's bottom line. So if the boutique happens to receive a coveted item for a VIP customer and that VIP customer decides that they do not want it, it is a rare opportunity for you to be able to purchase an item that you otherwise would be unable to get.

I think that you should ignore the SA's lack of sensitivity towards your client status and appreciate the fact that she is contacting YOU instead of another customer (or shipping the item to another store for another VIP client). She obviously values you as a customer, otherwise she would not take the time to contact you.

Just take advantage of the opportunity and enjoy the spoils of someone else's rejected merchandise :yahoo:

I know I'm probable going to get slammed for this, but the level of LV customer service sometimes bothers me, as I feel it is often subpar with much lower priced brands like even Coach or Cole Haan. That is, I'm talking more about the corporate policies as I know individual SA's can and often do above and beyond.

For example, I feel the 14 day period for a return is too short.
I know this is going to make me sound like a b*tch, but I think the 14 days is ENOUGH. Anyone who has been running a store or working retail knows how much abuse and scam come from these policies. Some customers are so rude, exploitive and downright sary in the way they do this. Also, there are few customers that want to have a handled bag (just read the replies here) the longer the bag can hang around in your closet, the more patina and chanse of wear making the product very difficult to sell.

As a customer I Happy the return period is not LONGER. :yucky:

I wonder if her putting it that way is a sales strategy? Maybe she's trying to make the item seem more desirable in some way, since it's only for a "very special" person? I agree, though, it would put me off.