eBay pet peeves! Post yours!

Oh my goodness, that is crazy, hope it is back on track.
It's still in Puerto Rico. It moved from Catano to San Juan. I've been assured by my local post office that it will return to the mainland and should be delivered by next week, but I doubt they really know. My buyer is getting impatient. I can foresee a situation where I'll be forced to refund while it is still in transit.

It's still in Puerto Rico. It moved from Catano to San Juan. I've been assured by my local post office that it will return to the mainland and should be delivered by next week, but I doubt they really know. My buyer is getting impatient. I can foresee a situation where I'll be forced to refund while it is still in transit.

If they file a case you can ask for an extension as tracking shows it's in transit and still moving.
eBay will grant an extension in this case..
Just keep coddling the buyer through it- have them check tracking & be so very apologetic.:rolleyes:
Hopefully that will keep them appeased..

Sorry what a cluster.

Reactions: whateve

I'm so sorry. That is just unbelievably annoying. I had an ebay shipping label ripped off a box once while in transit so the USPS didn't know who to deliver it to. Thank goodness I also wrote my return address on the box in the upper corner or it would have been lost forever. It eventually made its way back to me but it took about 9 days. I had to refund the buyer and re-list.

Reactions: whateve
I just wanted to warn others to be cautious of seller monica-lex. About a month ago I put in a best offer of $700 for a Gucci handbag which she accepted. Since she was in Italy I asked for a few more detailed photos so I could have the handbag authenticated. After I asked for additional photos she just kept stating that all of her items were authenticate and for me not to worry. I emailed her 2 more times asking for the photos but she just kept saying she purchased it at Gucci it was authentic. She would not send additional photos and seemed shady. I told her I needed to authenticate it or I would not pay so she filed NPB. At first I was upset because I never had a NPB but now I'm glad I followed my instincts. This posted a few days later:

View attachment 3517693
I'm glad you trusted your instincts & didn't lose out on $700!

Sent from my SM-G550T1 using PurseForum mobile app

Reactions: HandbagDiva354
I'm so sorry. That is just unbelievably annoying. I had an ebay shipping label ripped off a box once while in transit so the USPS didn't know who to deliver it to. Thank goodness I also wrote my return address on the box in the upper corner or it would have been lost forever. It eventually made its way back to me but it took about 9 days. I had to refund the buyer and re-list.
That sucks! It's so frustrating when a sale isn't completed for something that's out of your control.

Sent from my SM-G550T1 using PurseForum mobile app

Good news! After I called my post office, the item reappeared in the US and was delivered today. I wonder if my phone call helped. I only called because my buyer complained. When my package from Hawaii got stalled for a week, it seemed to start moving right after my seller called the PO.

I learned another thing from the rep at my PO. When they scan a package at each point during the process, they take a picture of the package. That way, they can see that the package left the processing facility in the same condition as it went in, and when they go to deliver it, they know if it was damaged along the way and where that damage occurred. When they take these pictures, they can see the address label and know if it is intact. I'm always concerned that it will become illegible and undeliverable, so it is reassuring to find out that the label remained readable on its "world travels."

Good news! After I called my post office, the item reappeared in the US and was delivered today. I wonder if my phone call helped. I only called because my buyer complained. When my package from Hawaii got stalled for a week, it seemed to start moving right after my seller called the PO.

I learned another thing from the rep at my PO. When they scan a package at each point during the process, they take a picture of the package. That way, they can see that the package left the processing facility in the same condition as it went in, and when they go to deliver it, they know if it was damaged along the way and where that damage occurred. When they take these pictures, they can see the address label and know if it is intact. I'm always concerned that it will become illegible and undeliverable, so it is reassuring to find out that the label remained readable on its "world travels."

YAY!!!
I'm so happy to read that!
That's good intel too- the photos of the packages..
That could come in handy when dealing with a case- or better yet, a scammer claiming damage, if they would provide us copies of them..
At least now we know to bug them for the photos. LOL

Glad to read this finally got delivered. :smile:

Just a thought but maybe English isn't their first language and they had difficulty interpreting your question.
It could be. But wouldn't you Google translate it if that's the case? The site has English as well as some other major European languages. And based on the country this seller is from, I have no doubt they speak very competent English in general based on my ample experience.

It could be. But wouldn't you Google translate it if that's the case? The site has English as well as some other major European languages. And based on the country this seller is from, I have no doubt they speak very competent English in general based on my ample experience.

It's incredible what people don't Google for themselves.

Sounds like you dodged a bullet with an uncooperative seller.

Reactions: chicinthecity777