eBay pet peeves! Post yours!

It's not ebay's fault but the package I sent to Minnesota is taking a side trip to Puerto Rico.

Holy Moly-
Well, let's hope it hops a quick flight back to the continental states.

I had one, headed to me, that was out for delivery in rural Oregon..
Uhmmm,, yes, I'm rural but in WASHINGTON. Dope! It was only delayed by 2 days but if this is a preview of holiday shipping,,,,,
I'm a bit concerned.. :hrmm:

Holy Moly-
Well, let's hope it hops a quick flight back to the continental states.

I had one, headed to me, that was out for delivery in rural Oregon..
Uhmmm,, yes, I'm rural but in WASHINGTON. Dope! It was only delayed by 2 days but if this is a preview of holiday shipping,,,,,
I'm a bit concerned.. :hrmm:
I'm in California. Once I sent a package to California and it went to 5 or 6 states in the East before it ended up back in California. I've never seen one end up outside the continent! It's odd because I sent my first package to Puerto Rico a few weeks ago. I didn't even think about it being part of USPS until then.

I bought a lovely bag- It's in very good shape BUT it was listed as "New! Never been used!" in the title..
The deal was great for a unused bag and a decent deal for the slightly used bag that it is- It has a wee bit of handle darkening & one corner has VERY slight rubbing also hair dirt & gunk inside. :hrmm: That I can clean but yuck.
Over all it's in very good shape for a 2007 bag but I paid $1000. for what I believed was an unused bag.. ??Expecting too much??

I've seen this so often that I wonder sometimes if this has become the ebay norm. And it is my number one eBay pet peeve. Maybe there are some older bags out there that have never been used but I think they are the exception. I also think that some sellers who are not the first owner of the bag and who never used it themselves think it is ok to say it is unused even though there is evidence of use. I've had many purchases like this and stayed silent because they were decent deals but I never felt good about them. I haven't shopped for these kind of items lately so it hasn't happened to me recently. I'm not sure I would be as tolerant as I was in the past and would probably ask for a return and consider a partial if offered. I know partials are a pariah around here but a partial would perhaps get you the great deal you thought you were getting.

I've seen this so often that I wonder sometimes if this has become the ebay norm. And it is my number one eBay pet peeve. Maybe there are some older bags out there that have never been used but I think they are the exception. I also think that some sellers who are not the first owner of the bag and who never used it themselves think it is ok to say it is unused even though there is evidence of use. I've had many purchases like this and stayed silent because they were decent deals but I never felt good about them. I haven't shopped for these kind of items lately so it hasn't happened to me recently. I'm not sure I would be as tolerant as I was in the past and would probably ask for a return and consider a partial if offered. I know partials are a pariah around here but a partial would perhaps get you the great deal you thought you were getting.
As a seller, I would never over describe the condition of the item I am selling. Why set up to disappoint your buyer and increase the chance of getting ding-ed or even a return case? People are not stupid. It just doesn't make sense to me.

As a seller, I would never over describe the condition of the item I am selling. Why set up to disappoint your buyer and increase the chance of getting ding-ed or even a return case? People are not stupid. It just doesn't make sense to me.
I see this mostly with new sellers who might not be aware of what will happen with the buyer ends up unhappy.

I also see many newer sellers putting "NWT" in their title on used items. I think they have no idea what it means. They just copy it from other listings.

That is exactly how I feel about it!
I still like the bag and it wasn't a bad deal but I don't feel good about it..
It's going to bug me every time I carry it-
Also I believe you're correct some sellers believe; if they didn't carry it- they consider it unused and that's wrong thinking.
It's Balenciaga and I know Bal- so I know the signs of use.. Very slight wear to edges, handle darkening.. Maybe she felt a person new to Bal wouldn't realize this? IDK
Also the inside.. Nobody would believe that bag has never been used..
I do love the bag and I want to keep it but I probably would have waited and/or thought it out some more if I had known the actual condition.

I agree with @whateve & @xiangxiang0731 too- I never over describe!
It's always best to under describe & have the buyer be pleasantly surprised rather than disappointed because they were expecting more.

I wouldn't either but I recall that more often than not the item I purchased as "NWOT" actually meant "lightly used". Not really bad but just not quite what was expected. Sellers are hoping that it is within the tolerance level of the buyer and often it is.

It's Balenciaga and I know Bal- so I know the signs of use.. Very slight wear to edges, handle darkening.. Maybe she felt a person new to Bal wouldn't realize this? IDK
I do love the bag and I want to keep it but I probably would have waited and/or thought it out some more if I had known the actual condition.

I think sellers think that if the bag will pass as new that it is o.k. to list it as new. But the darkened handles and edge wear are definitely a giveaway....not to mention the debris left inside. But I understand your dilemma. A 2007 Bal in good shape is a find.

Reactions: PikaboICU
That is exactly how I feel about it!
I still like the bag and it wasn't a bad deal but I don't feel good about it..
It's going to bug me every time I carry it-
Also I believe you're correct some sellers believe; if they didn't carry it- they consider it unused and that's wrong thinking.

I agree with @whateve & @xiangxiang0731 too- I never over describe!
It's always best to under describe & have the buyer be pleasantly surprised rather than disappointed because they were expecting more.
I recently bought a bag described as new and unused, and technically it was, but it was several years old and hadn't been stored well. The colour was badly faded and the edges dry and cracked. None of this was mentioned and I sent it straight back. Sellers overlook the fact that other factors (not just wear) affect the condition of a bag and make it no longer "new". When I sell I'm paranoid about over-describing anything and it really annoys me when sellers do this.

I just wanted to warn others to be cautious of seller monica-lex. About a month ago I put in a best offer of $700 for a Gucci handbag which she accepted. Since she was in Italy I asked for a few more detailed photos so I could have the handbag authenticated. After I asked for additional photos she just kept stating that all of her items were authenticate and for me not to worry. I emailed her 2 more times asking for the photos but she just kept saying she purchased it at Gucci it was authentic. She would not send additional photos and seemed shady. I told her I needed to authenticate it or I would not pay so she filed NPB. At first I was upset because I never had a NPB but now I'm glad I followed my instincts. This posted a few days later:

View attachment 3517693

Last edited:
Reactions: PikaboICU
I just wanted to warn others to be cautious of seller monica-lex. About a month ago I put in a best offer of $700 for a Gucci handbag which she accepted. Since she was in Italy I asked for a few more detailed photos so I could have the handbag authenticated. After I asked for additional photos she just kept stating that all of her items were authenticate and for me not to worry. I emailed her 2 more times asking for the photos but she just kept saying she purchased it at Gucci it was authentic. She would not send additional photos and seemed shady. I told her I needed to authenticate it or I would not pay so she filed NPB. At first I was upset because I never had a NPB but now I'm glad I followed my instincts. This posted a few days later:

WoW!
You were wise!
It's so important to follow your instincts! Good for you!!:yes:

Just an FYI- you can call eBay and have that UPI removed.. They will do it as a one time courtesy.
One wont make any difference so it isn't imperative to get it removed but in this case, being the item was fake-
I would want that UPI gone..
Whew! You dodged one there.. Oh and she LIED! :mad: To one of you.