Dooney Nylon Line

Thanks LJ. I’m so nervous with hand sanitizer, knowing that it could do some real damage to the leather. How people hang hand sanitizer , the opening pointing down towards their bags. Mmmmph. Very good to know the leather trim, black or tan is hearty. Undyed natural leather stains, and I didn’t know this, I don’t have anything like this, and I will stay away from it….. mink oil you say? thats For regular,pebbled,smooth leather. Not Florentine right?

shout out incoming to you LJ as you have inspired my first purchases from Dooney.com in 2024. The large is coming from Connecticut and will be here Thursday. The small coming from California will be here Saturday… ordered at the same time, coming from different locations. I hope when they arrive, that they are keepers…

Thanks LJ. I’m so nervous with hand sanitizer, knowing that it could do some real damage to the leather. How people hang hand sanitizer , the opening pointing down towards their bags. Mmmmph. Very good to know the leather trim, black or tan is hearty. Undyed natural leather stains, and I didn’t know this, I don’t have anything like this, and I will stay away from it….. mink oil you say? thats For regular,pebbled,smooth leather. Not Florentine right?

shout out incoming to you LJ as you have inspired my first purchases from Dooney.com in 2024. The large is coming from Connecticut and will be here Thursday. The small coming from California will be here Saturday… ordered at the same time, coming from different locations. I hope when they arrive, that they are keepers…
i've used Mink Oil (very lightly) on Dooney dyed vachetta leather. I haven't used
it on pebbled leather or Florentine leather. Mink Oil was originally recommended to me
for use on a real alligator leather accessory by the manufacturer.

I rarely condition Dooney handbags, never pebbled leather. But when I do condition
Florentine or smooth leather these days I use Apple Conditioner.

With any conditioner, be very careful not to over-condition and also to keep the
conditioner away from the stitching. Trim areas of a handbag are often glued under the
stitiching, and conditioners of any kind can interact with the glue and also weaken
the stitching.

• Insightful
Reactions: mushroomNgrass
I don't have any experience with the wayfarer but there's definitely more leather details on than on the older nylon. And there are differences in the older nylons. The black & the red bags in the photos above are of a substantial nylon - I believe called Miramar nylon. It was used in numerous DB backpacks & is very strong. It has a sheen to it.
Now the little navy cb above & the navy shoulder bag called Erica (I'm trying to post my pic of Erica but having server issues) is a thinner nylon with a matte finish.
Addressing my own post because I found the little sticky label inside my black nylon (same as the red) & it's called the Marimar Dani cb. Yay - glad to be able to name it again!
I much prefer the older matte nylon.
I think it's a rich look. The shiny nylon in my
red Wayfarer looks tacky to me.
And the styles I have, in the older nylon
(the double pocket satchel, the Erica hobo, and the double zip crossbody) all
have nice leather trim, handles or strap (hobo).
The red wayfarer satchel has more leather trim on the front pockets,
but it makes the bag heavier.
Can you post a comparison photo of nylons for us, LJ - so we can decide if it's the nylon with the sheen that's makes the wayfarer "look tacky" or if it's the wayfarer line itself that "looks tacky". Show us your nylons! 😆:happydance:

• Love
Reactions: mushroomNgrass
Addressing my own post because I found the little sticky label inside my black nylon (same as the red) & it's called the Marimar Dani cb. Yay - glad to be able to name it again!

Can you post a comparison photo of nylons for us, LJ - so we can decide if it's the nylon with the sheen that's makes the wayfarer "look tacky" or if it's the wayfarer line itself that "looks tacky". Show us your nylons! 😆:happydance:
My Wayfarer satchel is in red. I don't think I have any other red nylon bags.
I never could decide if it was the color or the fabric that turns me off,
since my reaction to my other Dooney nylon items is so positive. 🙄