Dooney Nylon Line

I FINALLY found the black twin of the red nylon. The pocket on the back side is really handy. It's as deep as the bag & you can put your hand over the wrist into it. I'll retire the red one for awhile. I don't know why, but I'm into black bags lately.

Attachments

• 20240110_160832.jpg
    20240110_160832.jpg
    135.7 KB · Views: 3
  • 20240110_161126.jpg
    20240110_161126.jpg
    111.9 KB · Views: 3
  • Love
Reactions: mushroomNgrass
I FINALLY found the black twin of the red nylon. The pocket on the back side is really handy. It's as deep as the bag & you can put your hand over the wrist into it. I'll retire the red one for awhile. I don't know why, but I'm into black bags lately.
Dooney nylon bags are really nice. I still prefer leather, but after buying and using
Dooney nylon, I've added quite a few to my collection. There are some times a nylon
Dooney is just a better choice for the day. 😀

Glad you found the missing twin.

Reactions: Lilybarb

What is the difference between wayfarer and nylon??​

I don't have any experience with the wayfarer but there's definitely more leather details on than on the older nylon. And there are differences in the older nylons. The black & the red bags in the photos above are of a substantial nylon - I believe called Miramar nylon. It was used in numerous DB backpacks & is very strong. It has a sheen to it.
Now the little navy cb above & the navy shoulder bag called Erica (I'm trying to post my pic of Erica but having server issues) is a thinner nylon with a matte finish.

Let's see if TPF has the issues with posting pics rectified....ah YES!
The Erica referenced in my post has the same matte nylon as the small navy cb. Much different from the nylon of black & red cb's (in previous post). The red & the blk with the sheen feel as if the nylon is doubled.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240113_214630.jpg
    Screenshot_20240113_214630.jpg
    711.4 KB · Views: 3
  • 20231108_104956.jpg
    20231108_104956.jpg
    281.1 KB · Views: 3
Last edited:
I much prefer the older matte nylon.
I think it's a rich look. The shiny nylon in my
red Wayfarer looks tacky to me.
And the styles I have, in the older nylon
(the double pocket satchel, the Erica hobo, and the double zip crossbody) all
have nice leather trim, handles or strap (hobo).
The red wayfarer satchel has more leather trim on the front pockets,
but it makes the bag heavier.

• Insightful
LJ how has your leather trim held up? Water stains? Have you treated the leather and have you had to clean/ spot clean the nylon?
I haven't had any stains on the nylon and the leather trim has held up exactly as it does on all my Dooney bags with smooth vachetta leather trim (that has been dyed, as opposed
to the natural undyed). The trim on the nylon Dooney bags I have is the
same quality leather trim as on my pebbled leather bags.

As for treating the dyed vachetta leather trim on my pebbled leather Dooney bags....
sometimes I have given it a quick rub down with Mink Oil (which is a paste) if I knew
the day was going to be very rainy. But I haven't done that in years, and I haven't
had any real issues. I do think the lighter (dyed) color... the butterscotch is more
likely to show stains than the darker British Tan or Black vachetta trim.

I stay away from undyed natural vachetta leather trim. It's a magnet for stains
and all it takes is 5 minutes of use for me to attract unsightly water marks or
other stains. And they never just blend in, in my experience.

I'm pretty careful with my bags, but some environments are more risky than others....
grocery store produce and precooked food aisles. food on the go, or buffet restaurants are the riskiest places for handbags. 😮 Either my bags will get sprayed with water, absorb
drips on grease, or my hands will transfer something onto them. I also find
washing my hands in a public restroom very risky for my handbags.... there is no safe
place it seems.

• Insightful