Dooney Alto Club: Let's see your Alto Collections Ladies

My Lady is in...
I had to come back and look at your pic. I ordered this July 1 and it said it was In Stock but I just found out today it is backordered when I logged in to check my order status ... because heaven forbid Dooney send you a shipping or back order notification.

Last month I ordered a Flo satchel that shipped but Dooney did not charge me for. I returned the bag and was charged the return fee but never charged for the bag.

Then I had two bags on Easy Pay that they sent me Late Payment notifications. I called and gave them my card info again because obviously they lost it or entered something wrong and she assured me the last payments would occur automatically. I just laughed and said, “We’ll see.” I think they have a mess on their hands.

I almost bought the white and black Zola on ILD but purchased the blush instead. But I love the black and white color combination and had to get Teodora when the Zola was gone. The woven Atlantic Tote also came in black with white trim but this would be a seasonal bag for me. The Teodora can be used all year. Is the leather structured like all Alto? For some reason my mind imagines it as a softer leather. Maybe because it looks a bit glossy on my screen. Are you enjoying the beautiful Teodora? Do the white handles scare you?

I had to come back and look at your pic. I ordered this July 1 and it said it was In Stock but I just found out today it is backordered when I logged in to check my order status ... because heaven forbid Dooney send you a shipping or back order notification.

Last month I ordered a Flo satchel that shipped but Dooney did not charge me for. I returned the bag and was charged the return fee but never charged for the bag.

Then I had two bags on Easy Pay that they sent me Late Payment notifications. I called and gave them my card info again because obviously they lost it or entered something wrong and she assured me the last payments would occur automatically. I just laughed and said, “We’ll see.” I think they have a mess on their hands.

I almost bought the white and black Zola on ILD but purchased the blush instead. But I love the black and white color combination and had to get Teodora when the Zola was gone. The woven Atlantic Tote also came in black with white trim but this would be a seasonal bag for me. The Teodora can be used all year. Is the leather structured like all Alto? For some reason my mind imagines it as a softer leather. Maybe because it looks a bit glossy on my screen. Are you enjoying the beautiful Teodora? Do the white handles scare you?

Reactions: bellebellebelle19
Lately D&B been having a few issues with the app and website. For the order I returned, I never received an email confirming my order etc. The order I placed in the 8th I did get the emails. Also, in the app it showed a butter color Mariella, but it would not let the order flow through, the next day it was removed from the website. I called to check availability, I was advised not in stock.. On Monday morning I Check
the website, there the bag was available, I ordered and I got confirmation it shipped. Hopefully I will have by Friday.

I was expecting the Teodora to be a bit bigger, I will be using the Teodora year round, the color is black and cream, not black and white.

Is the leather structured like all Alto? Yes it’s the Alto Italian leather; smooth to touch and the leather is alto traditional stif leather.

Are you enjoying the beautiful Teodora? Yes, I am loving this handbag.
Do the white handles scare you? The cream color do not scare me, but I am careful with my Altos. I have the Viviana in cream color and there has been no issues.

Lately D&B been having a few issues with the app and website. For the order I returned, I never received an email confirming my order etc. The order I placed in the 8th I did get the emails. Also, in the app it showed a butter color Mariella, but it would not let the order flow through, the next day it was removed from the website. I called to check availability, I was advised not in stock.. On Monday morning I Check
the website, there the bag was available, I ordered and I got confirmation it shipped. Hopefully I will have by Friday.

I was expecting the Teodora to be a bit bigger, I will be using the Teodora year round, the color is black and cream, not black and white.

Is the leather structured like all Alto? Yes it’s the Alto Italian leather; smooth to touch and the leather is alto traditional stif leather.

Are you enjoying the beautiful Teodora? Yes, I am loving this handbag.
Do the white handles scare you? The cream color do not scare me, but I am careful with my Altos. I have the Viviana in cream color and there has been no issues.
Thank you for your reply. I am glad you love it! I am relieved it is the structured alto leather. The cream makes it seem so regal! I really hope mine ships. All I know is that I will NOT call to check the status because they always cancel my order if the bag is backordered or unavailable. What a relief to hear that you have had no problems with the handles. I am always extra careful with my Altos - they deserve the special treatment!

I remember buying my first alto. It was a few hundred dollars and I didn’t look at the measurements, just the pics. I assumed that I was getting a zip zip sized bag for $300. What I got was oh so tiny. I think I used it once. It did not hold much more than Kleenex, a small coin purse, and a lip gloss. I still smile (and laugh) when I look at that bag though.

Thank you for your reply. I am glad you love it! I am relieved it is the structured alto leather. The cream makes it seem so regal! I really hope mine ships. All I know is that I will NOT call to check the status because they always cancel my order if the bag is backordered or unavailable. What a relief to hear that you have had no problems with the handles. I am always extra careful with my Altos - they deserve the special treatment!

I remember buying my first alto. It was a few hundred dollars and I didn’t look at the measurements, just the pics. I assumed that I was getting a zip zip sized bag for $300. What I got was oh so tiny. I think I used it once. It did not hold much more than Kleenex, a small coin purse, and a lip gloss. I still smile (and laugh) when I look at that bag though.

Did you see the Mariella I posted today? This one was not available... the paperwork stated 1 of 1 with an order date 062419. In that same style the Aqua color became available too. So be encourage yours on the way. I Have one more Alto in the cream color the (Oriana) that is a tote. No problems with the leather or handle.

All of your bags are beautiful and in such great condition...this is mine. Im told its an alto. Im not sure i know its older, and beat up...but i adore it i get compliments every time i carry it..and the best part is i got it a few years ago 2nd or third hand....i really need to take better pictures
20190724_212248.jpg 20190724_212307.jpg

Reactions: Lilybarb
All of your bags are beautiful and in such great condition...this is mine. Im told its an alto. Im not sure i know its older, and beat up...but i adore it i get compliments every time i carry it..and the best part is i got it a few years ago 2nd or third hand....i really need to take better pictures
View attachment 4500262 View attachment 4500263

Thank you! I am very cautious with them. I do have three that are everyday ones. Ms. Oriana in Nautral Color & the Cream (wihite), and a tote in natural, it get banged and used in the rain. Still looks good and I get compliments. I hoped I had purchased her in the Black color. It’s my favorite work bag.

I’ve been a Dooney customer for 20+ years. An Alto Customer for 10+ Years. It seems the older I get my style is changing. Plus the Alto Collection Italian leather is the best price wise, I prefer my ladies not to bend. I believe your lady (She’s a beauty!) is the first of the Alto collection. Dooney do offer repairs, I sent my Oraina in to have the inside separator restitched, you can ask if they can help with the leather.

Reactions: barskin