doggie toes . . . .

The bacteria on the feet, feed on the sugars in the sweat. The waste products from the bacteria give off the Frito smell. This is perfectly normal for a healthy dog. If you keep the feet clean and trim the fur around the pads, it will smell less.

All of my dog's feet have smelled like that. It smells like buttered popcorn to me, but I know what you're talking about.

Glad I'm not the only crazy person who has smelled dog feet. :rolleyes:

I so badly want to run over to my puppy golden and take a sniff.. but DF is in the room and he would seriously find me loony!! I will have to sneak a sniff later when he isn't looking!

That is too funny!! I'm literally laughing (trying not to wake the house). I never could put my finger on it as to what that smell was until it was mentioned on Will & Grace!!..."Oh yeah, cornchips!!"

hahaha and I though I was alone...I will have to show my SO this thread!!

I keep saying our dog's feet smell like cheeto's, but he's adamant that his little girl's feet smell just wonderful..what a guy!

Yup - POPCORN TOES is the phrase used in my home alllll the time! I don't find they smell so much when in need of a bath, as they smell when warm and toasty snuggled in bed. LOVE the smell as it means a toasty happy puppy dog to me and my hubby! :biggrin:

O.K. its over for me. My hubby just caught me sniffing my doggies toes:Push:. OMG! This is gonna be fun trying to explain........I begged him but he wont take a whif. He thinks I've lost my mind! Yes Fritos it is lol!!!:lol: