Does your Mom carry a designer handbag?

My mom has been carrying designer handbags for as long as I can remember; I'm sure that's where I got it from! She used to mostly carry Coach but now she's more into Tod's and Nancy Gonzalez. She's never really been into Louis Vuitton like I am but she just got her first LV the other day and loves it, so hopefully she'll cross over to that too :nuts:.

What a great thread!

My mother just turned 70!
She's still carrying designer bags - especially her Diors.

She was the one who got me hooked as she purchased my first LV pouch - perhaps 30 years ago. I didn't know what it was lol. I don't think it even had a dust bag , I don't think they had them back then.

Also I'm a mom and YES YES

My mom thinks its ridiculous how much I love handbags and how much I'd pay for them...though she has begun respecting it more lately since she sees its not just a passing fad for me. As for what she carries - more around the Ralph Lauren level, she'll pay for nice leather but certainly not over a hundred or so dollars. Though she recently broke this rule and bought a Coach!

My mom carries some designers -- currently Coach and Fendi -- but they have been purchased for her by my sister or me! I think that's a pretty good deal for her! LOL.

My mom doesn't carry designer handbags, but loves looking at them and window shopping for them. She isn't the type who would spend a large amount of money on a handbag, but she doesn't mind if I do because she knows that I worked hard for my money and that I won't buy a bag if I have something more important to pay or save for.

She wants a Damier or an Epi Louis Vuitton...She just got a huge raise (Basically twice what she used to make) so she's deciding what to do with the extra money on her first paycheck...I'm trying to convince her to buy a bag, but she's talking about boring things like pots and pans and plants, lol

My Mom would never carry a designer bag. She thinks they are too much money. She could afford one, but spends money on other things - property, travel. I am the only one in the family fashion obsessed. It started when I was 12 when a neighbor started giving me Vogue magazines . . . I poured over those magazines for make up and style ideas . . . and even then I was finding a way to create those looks . . . it was just in me.

My mom doesn't really like purses, let alone designer bags. She carries around a purse until it falls apart and she will only buy a new one when she sees one on sale.

I don't know where I got my purse obsession from.

She's carrying an LV now. She only started buying designer bags in the last several years. But she'll buy one and wear that same bag everyday for years before she buys a new one. The LV that she carries has been her only bag for the last 3+ years.

My mom has always bought no-name bags from JC Penney or Kohl's, but she tries to get the ones that are real leather. Her everyday bag is a dark brown satchel that she got for $25 (it was 50% off) at Kohl's. It's real leather and it's actually pretty nice for a no-name department store bag. The only designer bag she owns is a DKNY hobo I bought her for Mother's Day a couple of years ago. She saves it for special occassions. She thinks I am crazy to spend as much as I do on a bag, but always says that if I ever get tired of any of my bags, she'd be happy to take them off my hands! :P